• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Started to play placement matches.

Two matchs later.

Yep this is still the worst part of the game. Quit the 2nd game half way not even regret, will not be playing any more arena from now on. The lag and matchmaking are simply unbearable.

NOKYARD

"Jeez man, that's, like, dishonoring the helmet. Or something. You didn't work for it, you know, man?"

Actually! I played 30-40 games assisting them while in another company. Deserved it way more than the members who don't play. Still, i feel bad for the player who woke up to being kicked an hour before the big event.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Does anyone else feel guilty killing marines in Warzone? I love all the things they say when a friendly Spartan arrives ("Whoa Spartans are here! I just hope I can do a good job.") It just feels wrong killing another human being in the Halo universe given that Spartans are suppose to be protectors of humanity.

Fuchsdh

Does anyone else feel guilty killing marines in Warzone? I love all the things they say when a friendly Spartan arrives ("Whoa Spartans are here! I just hope I can do a good job.") It just feels wrong killing another human being in the Halo universe given that Spartans are suppose to be protectors of humanity.

They're just bots.

I always have been disappointed when saving Marines in campaign doesn't help, though. No matter how well you do at saving everyone in AOTCR, for instance, they won't follow you inside.

Thought this was going to be the first halo I skipped, but I finally picked it up.

First of all, holy shit at 90 gigs.
Secondly, what's the low down on the MP side? Anything I should know? Stuff to avoid, tips etc.

Strider

I just got a Gears 4 code for $10 lol Wasnt gonna get the game at 60 but for that price its a no brainer.

Between Halo 5, Forza horizon 3 and Gears MS surprisingly has me by the balls this hilday season. Forza is a 10/10 game for me so far.
Still wwaiting for the warthog tho

Fuchsdh

Was pissed that someone was selling BioShock The Collection for $40, thought that was a steal but then I realized he wanted me to just sign into a dummy account, download it to my Xbox and play that way. Screw that, insta-refunded that.

I just got a Gears 4 code for $10 lol Wasnt gonna get the game at 60 but for that price its a no brainer.

Between Halo 5, Forza horizon 3 and Gears MS surprisingly has me by the balls this hilday season. Forza is a 10/10 game for me so far.
Still wwaiting for the warthog tho

If you need a code I have one I will never use.

Trup1aya

Thought this was going to be the first halo I skipped, but I finally picked it up.

First of all, holy shit at 90 gigs.
Secondly, what's the low down on the MP side? Anything I should know? Stuff to avoid, tips etc.

When it comes to Arena- Really a lot of the previous safe practices should carry over:

Learn the weapon placements and spawn times. Don't "chase" weak enemies- it's a trap! Anticipate where enemies will respawn Etc.

The big game changer is the mobility options. Crouch jumping is still in the game. But you'll have to learn how to use sprint, thrusters, clamber, Spartan charges and ground pounds to navigate the maps quickly and fluidly.

Damn, we were down like 7-25 and came back to win 50-49.

When it comes to Arena- Really a lot of the previous safe practices should carry over:

Learn the weapon placements and spawn times. Don't "chase" weak enemies- it's a trap! Anticipate where enemies will respawn Etc.

The big game changer is the mobility options. Crouch jumping is still in the game. But you'll have to learn how to use sprint, thrusters, clamber, Spartan charges and ground pounds to navigate the maps quickly and fluidly.

Sweet thanks. Was just curious if I was going to feel completely out of place but sounds good.

No way I'm getting to 152. I'm 100k from 149 and have 0 motivation. Bring back reach esqe ranks

Yeah, I'm only halfway through 141 and the shit takes forever. However, it's not like I care that much. All you get are some bad emblems and SR XXX. At least Reach had cool ranks like Hero and Legend, which made it better. Nobody gives a shit about SR numbers.

I was expecting my KD to be lower with all these contributions to The Company™. We can't see the stats on that, right? I'd love to see how many Spartan Charges, vehicle kills, etc. I've contributed.

Been playing some BTB.. the new Forge maps are pretty damn fun. I'm still bummed BTB was sort of an afterthought for 343 with Halo 5, I'd like to see it get a real focus in the game.. Maybe with Halo 6.

On another note, the Wasp is a lot of fun. I've learned riding atop one with a DMR is a killer combo. Not sure why, but I find it to be way more of a rewarding vehicle to use than the Phaeton.

Awwww man don't show my stats!!!

I play with randoms all the time, and I run around trying to no scope, ninja etc dudes to make sick clips.

Plus I'm not that great :)

Been playing some BTB.. the new Forge maps are pretty damn fun. I'm still bummed BTB was sort of an afterthought for 343 with Halo 5, I'd like to see it get a real focus in the game.. Maybe with Halo 6.

On another note, the Wasp is a lot of fun. I've learned riding atop one with a DMR is a killer combo. Not sure why, but I find it to be way more of a rewarding vehicle to use than the Phaeton.

I think they are going to double down on WZ, and BTB will be an afterthought again. I believe last time they released stats WZ was the most played mode. It sucks because I really dislike WZ now. When the game was first released WZ wasn't that bad, it was actually fun. Not a lot of people had the high level reqs so the matches were pretty fun. Now everyone and their mother has a Nornfang or something to spam and it's just not fun at all.

BTB pistol starts.

My problem with Warzone lies with how the mode feels like a half-finished venture. A lot of aspects of the mode, like base capturing/defense and AI damage/health feel really clumsily implemented, and I feel like a lot of REQs in the mode seriously fuck with the balance, like the Wasp and Banshee.

Seriously, tone the armor down on the Banshees (all four of them) as well as the dodge spam, and increase the Wasp's REQ requirement so my team isn't fighting four of them once we have battle rifles. That's horseshit.

malfcn

Sweet!

I got mine for $15 from Reddit. r/GameSale I think it was. People are getting them for $5 as well in r/GameTrade.

Thought I should let you guys know if you're interested in Gears.

I'm getting physical ultimate.. But that would be nice to pickup digital companion.

That price won't last long once the word is out.
Also is it legit? People were talking about revokes in another thread.

Covenant slayer is kinda fun but they did go overboard On a couple of req weapons. Mostly on riptide with the delta beam rifle that one shots and create a void. It's too much. Other than that it's kind fun but best with team works and if it's there is a full team and you are by yourself with 3 other solos then its gg.

Also fuck I feel like I'm unable to get any better at the game cause of all the games I'm playing an all soon to come out. I try to put at least an hour in halo a day but that hardly cuts it and it shows with how I play. I want to sit down a play with people but every time the cards aren't in my favor and just get put against try hards that stomp us or just another game is taking up my attention more.

Haha yeah, but it would be fun to practice and try. There's some good players here.

I'm always up for matching up with some other GAFfers, but I'm not entirely sure I'd be up for full-blown competitive play. It's a fun idea, though. Besides, I'm sure HaloGAF has better snipers on offer than me.

Defect

No I missed out :(

Damn :(

I'm getting physical ultimate.. But that would be nice to pickup digital companion.

That price won't last long once the word is out.
Also is it legit? People were talking about revokes in another thread.
The situation is a little weird now since people were abusing an Amazon glitch to get free codes. I'm not sure if my code was legit or not so that kinda sucks. I'm sure they have the ability to revoke access but I doubt they will.

Trup1aya

I think they are going to double down on WZ, and BTB will be an afterthought again. I believe last time they released stats WZ was the most played mode. It sucks because I really dislike WZ now. When the game was first released WZ wasn't that bad, it was actually fun. Not a lot of people had the high level reqs so the matches were pretty fun. Now everyone and their mother has a Nornfang or something to spam and it's just not fun at all.

BTB pistol starts.

I'm fine with them doubling down on Warzone, but I hope staple modes don't remain after thoughts next go around.

I'm sure Warzone has made them a lot of money. But a good BTB, the return of key gametypes and split screen would have netted them more sales... Which would have boosted the Warzone earning potential.

I'm fine with them doubling down on Warzone, but I hope staple modes don't remain after thoughts next go around.

I'm sure Warzone has made them a lot of money. But a good BTB, the return of key gametypes and split screen would have netted them more sales... Which would have boosted the Warzone earning potential.

No doubt they made a lot of money from reqs, which is why I see them doubling down on WZ. I don’t really mind the req system that much, but there are somethings I would like to see changed:

Players should be able to buy specific reqs once you get the certification.

Players should be able to buy just customization items. Some players don’t go into WZ or care about the weapons. So they should be able to buy reqs that just have customization items. Also, vice versa some players don’t care about customization items and only want the weapons.

More customization items that are tied to achievements; for instance, beating the campaign on legendary solo. However, don’t make them like Achilles. Achilles is like the worst way to do it. They made it overly grindy so that people continue to play and all it did was lead to companies farming players.

Top Bottom