• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Ade

I think I've managed to get into 5 wza matches since the last update.

Surely it cant be just me? Matchmaking even on expanded never finds a match, yet on occasion will do so instantly.

Strider

I'm dead serious here, anyone want to form an HCS open circuit GAF team? What do we have to lose?

I would've done this the first open circuit around just for fun but there's just too many games out now to dedicate enoufh time to halo like I was before.

I mean ATM forza has its hooks in me haaaaaard. Haven't played halo since it came out.

But I highly doubt u get a team I mean... I can't even get people to group up for team arena.
its probly because it's me tho lol

I think I've managed to get into 5 wza matches since the last update.

Surely it cant be just me? Matchmaking even on expanded never finds a match, yet on occasion will do so instantly.

Nah, same issue here. Super annoying. Is there any known workaround for this (rebooting or restarting MM multiple times)?

Hey gang, requested to join the Spartan Company. HUGE Halo fan, just bought an X1 to play H5MCC.

I am meeeeeeoooooow on Xbox Live.

Looking forward to playing with you guys!! I was a pretty good H3/Reach player...but becoming a Dad apparently made me a worse gamer a year and a half ago :)

Strider

Cant wait to see the stats for Fall Season ;)

I hope you're working toward onyx in the big boy playlist now
smile.gif

Ryde3

man I love Halo 5 Forge but it's so frustrating with the crashing and the inability to run private lobbies.

I can never get a good 4v4 going because someone always joins up uninvited. ARGH!

Akai__

diamond 4 solo bby

in other news, I don't even remember playing the game in August

You know me. I don't usually solo, but I forced myself to get a ran in Doubles, because I wanted an Emblem.

man I love Halo 5 Forge but it's so frustrating with the crashing and the inability to run private lobbies.

I can never get a good 4v4 going because someone always joins up uninvited. ARGH!

Halo 5 needs some settings which are still missing from previous Halo games. Some examples:

- Being able to limit the amount of players that can join you.
- Being able to kick people mid-game.
- Being able to move with the whole party to an other players lobby.

Would be great if these are comming with the Custom Game Browser, but I never see people mentioning these.

Just lost a game 50-14. Nobody on my team quit. Total damage combined from the three other players was 487.

#sundaymorning

Hey look, it's an other great example that damage in this game literally doesn't mean anything, since the stat is beyond broken.

14 kills would equal to at least 1400 damage.

I think they are going to double down on WZ, and BTB will be an afterthought again. I believe last time they released stats WZ was the most played mode. It sucks because I really dislike WZ now. When the game was first released WZ wasn't that bad, it was actually fun. Not a lot of people had the high level reqs so the matches were pretty fun. Now everyone and their mother has a Nornfang or something to spam and it's just not fun at all.

BTB pistol starts.

This depresses me. There's some fun to be had in Warzone, but I don't love the mode at all.

I'm still crossing my fingers they find a way to properly support all three modes in the future. The Halo sandbox exists in Halo 5, you just barely get to play the potential of it.

Just went off in covenant slayer. Went 32 and 5 on empire. Almost got the overkill extermination but died to soon because of team shot, did get it with a final stick but didn't count because I died. But this game type is pretty fun for the most part and hopefully they put it in social slayer when that becomes a playlist that stays.

Sanjuro

Just went off in covenant slayer. Went 32 and 5 on empire. Almost got the overkill extermination but died to soon because of team shot, did get it with a final stick but didn't count because I died. But this game type is pretty fun for the most part and hopefully they put it in social slayer when that becomes a playlist that stays.

Feel like they need to add a few more things to separate itself. Enjoy seeing the portal back on Riptide.

Halo 5 is one of the only games in which i started off quite good, after two weeks of playing i managed to get to Diamond 4. I want to get back to it but i havent played since March.

Feel like they need to add a few more things to separate itself. Enjoy seeing the portal back on Riptide.

I can agree with this. Some extra teleporters or lifts will be nice. Though having the rain or oblivion on some maps is great cause it's a fun weapon. Just no one shot beam rifles on riptide cause that shit is stupid strong.

Also I have the curse of always playing dmr swat for the majority or playing warzone assault on the attacking team. The game hates me and wants me to do bad.

fucking fuck this game ugh my last set of games have been nothing but trash. Why do I always get paired up with the shitiest players that don't know what the fuck they're doing? while the other team gets coordinating, tactical gods. Half of these players I'm teaming up with are onyx and yet they play like garbage.

Probably my most frustrating season in forever.

tumblr_mma46f4SJM1qjqvo3o1_500.gif

okay venting done now back to hell

LNBL

Me. DM me for my PayPal account. Once the funds clear, you're in.
Honestly, just have recorded play time within the last month and add your Gaf username and I'll usually click accept. I just gotta know you're a Gaffer.

Ok awesome, I applied several days ago already. Probably should've deleted the generic message, but my username is there at the end of the message.

fucking fuck this game ugh my last set of games have been nothing but trash. Why do I always get paired up with the shitiest players that don't know what the fuck they're doing? while the other team gets coordinating, tactical gods. Half of these players I'm teaming up with are onyx and yet they play like garbage.

Probably my most frustrating season in forever.

tumblr_mma46f4SJM1qjqvo3o1_500.gif

okay venting done now back to hell

That how I feel today. The enemy team is just amazing and I can't compete at all! All their shots are perfect, they land perfect nades, and I'm always doubled team. I have no idea what my team is doing half the time. Why I'm I fighting a 1v3 over rockets with no help whatsoever from my team.

Then I realize I'm just playing fucking four mans all the time.

mo60

A few days ago I got my first shutdown in strongholds in the team arena playlist.
Screenshot-Original.png

The enemy team almost captured a second stronghold multiple times in the match but me and my teammates shut them down the instant they tried to capture a second stronghold.

I didn't realize how great it was to open up a Gold pack and get 6000RP until I did it twice today. Made me want to keep playing, because it was so cathartic after spending weeks grinding those bastards for cosmetics and certs.

That how I feel today. The enemy team is just amazing and I can't compete at all! All their shots are perfect, they land perfect nades, and I'm always doubled team. I have no idea what my team is doing half the time. Why I'm I fighting a 1v3 over rockets with no help whatsoever from my team.

Then I realize I'm just playing fucking four mans all the time.

sigh its people like those that are the reason why I can never get past diamond.

the injustice!

TCKaos

Hey 343i can you not match me three times in a row in JIP full party shitfests in Warzone? Cool thanks.

Like, three times in a row. Three games where it's 12 guys on a bunch of solo queues. Fucking full teams.

Just went up against a full party where the lowest level was 146.

As a team they went 466-144. That's 366 more kills than us. Like, come the fuck on. You can't sit here and tell me that there are parameters in place to prevent this kind of shit. You're absolutely lying to my face.

Sometimes I feel ashamed to admit that I payed money to have this experience. How fucking hard is it to go "Oh, hey, here's 12 guys with every REQ unlocked and thousands and thousands of games under their belts and they're all working together, better not match them with a team of randomly assembled Brazilian preschoolers."

I had teammates go fucking 2-33. There were times where we were getting spawned trapped by fucking gungoose grenades on Stormbreak. Think about how fucking absurd that is. One guy got fucking 37 grenade kills off the back of a gungoose on East Armory. Another guy got 47 kills in a Phaeton in a single life because fuck me, I guess.

Like, come on. Three games in a row, 343. Three games. Fuck. That's time I'll never get back.

This franchise has had this problem for 11 years and fucking nothing has actually been done to fix it.

I just got back to Halo 5 online for the first time since launch, and holy shit, this game is fun. You guys got a GAF clan/community I can join on XBL?

Hey 343i can you not match me three times in a row in JIP full party shitfests in Warzone? Cool thanks.

Like, three times in a row. Three games where it's 12 guys on a bunch of solo queues. Fucking full teams.

Just went up against a full party where the lowest level was 146.

As a team they went 466-144. That's 366 more kills than us. Like, come the fuck on. You can't sit here and tell me that there are parameters in place to prevent this kind of shit. You're absolutely lying to my face.

Sometimes I feel ashamed to admit that I payed money to have this experience. How fucking hard is it to go "Oh, hey, here's 12 guys with every REQ unlocked and thousands and thousands of games under their belts and they're all working together, better not match them with a team of randomly assembled Brazilian preschoolers."

I had teammates go fucking 2-33. There were times where we were getting spawned trapped by fucking gungoose grenades on Stormbreak. Think about how fucking absurd that is. One guy got fucking 37 grenade kills off the back of a gungoose on East Armory. Another guy got 47 kills in a Phaeton in a single life because fuck me, I guess.

Like, come on. Three games in a row, 343. Three games. Fuck. That's time I'll never get back.

This franchise has had this problem for 11 years and fucking nothing has actually been done to fix it.

not that you don't have the right to be annoyed, but...

warzone is a casual mode?

[hence why i have nearly no interest in it, balance is always completely whack]

not that you don't have the right to be annoyed, but...

warzone is a casual mode?

[hence why i have nearly no interest in it, balance is always completely whack]

Supremely casual. Don't expect vehicles to last more than a few seconds unless the enemy team is completely braindead. If Halo 5 taught me anything, it's that.

Yeah I don't get it why have sometimes where warzone assault has party size limits but warzone does not. Always seems backwards like limit the one where party size doesn't matter too much and not the one where you can win by just cordinating games to the point of spawn killing them. At least with warzone assault they can back you into the core and farm you for 6 min. With warzone you can force them into the base right off the back and farm them until you get 1000 kills.

As cool as warzone is I hate it compared to assault cause at least then the game forces you to do things in a time limit. Nothing is forcing anybody to do anything in warzone. No penalty for not killing a boss or destroying the core when you have all bases for over 5 min. Fuck put a time limit or something for warzone so it will stop feeling like a game that last too long.

Have a surrender vote or do a last push where if the other team has all bases for over so many minutes give them all level 9, show up on the map (resets back to original if you succeed or die) to try to capture a base and put themselves back in the game and once all 12 people die without capturing a base the game is over.

Top Bottom