• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Juan

It took me something like 4 minutes to find a game on Halo 5 without specific settings and only 1 minute on the MCC.

Is Halo 5 already less played than the MCC?

So, can we get a playlist update for the MCC please?

It took me something like 4 minutes to find a game on Halo 5 without specific settings and only 1 minute on the MCC.

The Division is only very slightly less popular than Halo 5.

• Add a 4v4 CE playlist that includes Blood Gulch CTF, Hogs as the only vehicles
  • Put H2 and H3 BTB in its own playlist called "BTB Omega" with "BTB Alpha" including CE, H2A, H4
  • Remove the TS playlist because every game already has its own playlist; the TS playlist is essentially H3 Team Slayer, so really what's the point?
So what this would do is add one extra playlist, while giving people a better chance to play something other than Halo 3 in 4v4's and BTB.

Still really tired of matching against people from Mexico when I am close to that border only if we start getting into astronomical scales.

EBLspartan

Neo Member

It's not ONLY a population matter: on Titanfall 2, after choosing a low ping server, you are able to find games in less populated playlists (30-50-100 players total) in less than a minute.
I think that the main factor here is the rank filter, that still tries to match you with people with your same skill (or near to it).

On MCC, duo to extremely low pop, rank filter has been removed a year ago (if not more).

Now it's official I will be present on Xbox Fan Fest Ciudad de México 2016

M4xuYhs.png

See you this weekend my friend Stinkles!

G-dang, you guys, Halo 5 MP is SO GOOD. SO GOOD!

Finally got some MP time in after completing the campaign and it feels like good 'ole Halo with some nice updates and tweaks. Honestly, loving it.

Carry on.

Detective

343i, You gotta do something about the search and the servers. This is really ridiculous. I have to wait 5-10 minutes to find a game. Am in Europe. My friends in the Middle east have the same problems. Rammy yesterday on stream had similar issue. 3 hours of stream and only played 3-4 matches. And we are talking on balanced as a search preference.

And even if you find a game it lags and has high latency. This is really stupid.

I decided to try BO1 for fun just to compare, a 7 year old game. didn't take me 30 sec to find a game.

Hope you consider th connection problems in future halo, because dedicated servers does not work for everyone. Move it to host or whatever. But this right here is just garbage.

-Ryn

Banned
You may have just convinced me to give tf2 a shot. You know, when I'm done playing h5, horizon 3, and dirt rally... then I'll play my copy of doom and deus ex sitting on my hard drive. THEN tf2. Wonder how the population will fare a year + from now?
I'd recommend at least renting it from a Redbox for the campaign. It's short but a looooot of fun. The multiplayer isn't as good as the original imo, but it's still good for some fun. Love the grappling hook.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I did my Team Arena placement matches last night. Out of the 10 matches, 7 were Capture the Flag. I hate Capture the Flag.

Sanjuro

I need to do more Team Arena. I've been playing all the new games, but still love the feel of this game.

Titanfall feels a bit to fluid and meaningless. Halo MP your role is usually a tight ship in 4v4.

-Ryn

Banned
I need to do more Team Arena. I've been playing all the new games, but still love the feel of this game.

Titanfall feels a bit to fluid and meaningless. Halo MP your role is usually a tight ship in 4v4.
Something I've always loved about Halo vs other multiplayer games is how fantastic it feels to play as a team without making it suck to go solo. There's nothing like playing a game of objective in Halo with a solid group and making the push.

jem0208

343i, You gotta do something about the search and the servers. This is really ridiculous. I have to wait 5-10 minutes to find a game. Am in Europe. My friends in the Middle east have the same problems. Rammy yesterday on stream had similar issue. 3 hours of stream and only played 3-4 matches. And we are talking on balanced as a search preference.

And even if you find a game it lags and has high latency. This is really stupid.

I decided to try BO1 for fun just to compare, a 7 year old game. didn't take me 30 sec to find a game.

Hope you consider th connection problems in future halo, because dedicated servers does not work for everyone. Move it to host or whatever. But this right here is just garbage.
I'm also in Europe and I'm getting matches in no more than 20-30 seconds on balanced.

During the dead hours (i.e: morning/midday) it takes a while longer though.

That said, if you're using suspend and resume that can sometimes screw up Halo 5. Always quit the build before trying to matchmake if you've just turned on the Xbox.

Edit: Ignore the above, game is now taking ages to get me into a match on slayer.

Even here in 'murica we've been getting some pretty shitty matchups (but search times are okay). I keep getting matched with amigos del sur despite being way closer to Canoodlians.

BizzyBum

Crazy that LOL now Str8 Rippin has the chance to make Top 4 with a win over Liquid next week. Optic vs. Envy should be sweet, too.

Juan

It's not ONLY a population matter: on Titanfall 2, after choosing a low ping server, you are able to find games in less populated playlists (30-50-100 players total) in less than a minute.
I think that the main factor here is the rank filter, that still tries to match you with people with your same skill (or near to it).

On MCC, duo to extremely low pop, rank filter has been removed a year ago (if not more).

I don't know what's worse, having a good game which match you with whatever level opponents it can find as quickly as possible, sometime resulting in a unfair match where your teammates are worst than ever, or having a more balanced match on a game I don't enjoy since it launched by having to wait 3 to 5 minutes?

I'm not buying Halo 6 at launch. I will wait until several patchs and get the community feedbacks. Might be the first (main) Halo game I won't buy at launch.

Detective

I don't know what's worse, having a good game which match you with whatever level opponents it can find as quickly as possible, sometime resulting in a unfair match where your teammates are worst than ever, or having a more balanced match on a game I don't enjoy since it launched by having to wait 3 to 5 minutes?

I'm not buying Halo 6 at launch. I will wait until several patchs and get the community feedbacks. Might be the first (main) Halo game I won't buy at launch.

There is lots of unfair matches in Halo 5 system. Platinum vs champion. Or 1 vs 12 in WZ.

mo60

There is lots of unfair matches in Halo 5 system. Platinum vs champion. Or 1 vs 12 in WZ.

Or Plat vs Bronze. I had a match when I was a bronze player in team slayer a few months ago where I actually faced a plat player on the other team and my team won.

FyreWulff

ske7ch is cool, there was a really neat project he wanted to do for Reach that was kiboshed so he's definitely got the mind for the game

Trup1aya

Am I the only one who actually likes Regret? It seems like people always trash it, but I love it.

good lord, where's the :lol emoji when you need it
I hated it at launch. But Pro League taught me how to navigate it better and it opened right up for me

Madness

Good update by Ske7ch. Crazy how he said had to hound people at 343 to be given some sort of job and couldn't get anything until the community manager position opened up. Good for him though. Shows his love for the franchise willing to start at square one again essentially.

Top Bottom