• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

next Tuesday will show part 1 of 2 for the content update. interesting!

$9.99 for the voice req back btw. didnt mention anything about buying with req points.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

update will be killer, but no new map(s)?

and lets get the pro pipe in the hands of the pros for hcs season 2

$10 is a big nope for me

patiently waiting for the Server Browser

yeah, its a higher price then i think the content is worth... but i'm a sucker and really want to continue to support halo 5. so i'll pony up. 4.99-5.99 would have been more reasonable though.

Fuchsdh

There's something hilarious about even the 343 devs being struck by their own REQ gods of RNG to never get DMRs.

Nice to have the update up bright and early, and a meaty one to boot. Sketch trying to butter us up.

$10 is a bit steep for the pack, but I'll probably bite and forgo a junk food outing. Fair enough trade.

(As a side note, Oxenfree is $10 right now. Just finished playing it, and it's a great game if you're like me and like story and character-focused titles. $20 would probably have been more than I was willing to pay for a sub-10 hour game but it's a lot of fun.)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
There's something hilarious about even the 343 devs being struck by their own REQ gods of RNG to never get DMRs.

Nice to have the update up bright and early, and a meaty one to boot. Sketch trying to butter us up.

$10 is a bit steep for the pack, but I'll probably bite and forgo a junk food outing. Fair enough trade.

(As a side note, Oxenfree is $10 right now. Just finished playing it, and it's a great game if you're like me and like story and character-focused titles. $20 would probably have been more than I was willing to pay for a sub-10 hour game but it's a lot of fun.)

Yeah I really enjoyed Oxenfree

Nowise10

Honestly can't think of what is in the update for Forge that could warrant them hyping it up so much and calling it massive. Excited, though

Madness

Honestly can't think of what is in the update for Forge that could warrant them hyping it up so much and calling it massive. Excited, though

Customs games browser but with playlists or maps already created so we can dl and start hosting right away?

I am not buying the pack, even though I want Exuberant Witness. They have gotten more money from me already for H5 than all the rest of the Halo games combined.

910a32b098c41b2e5691854dd6e4ba4e.png

b59e2ac9d49f192cae20e9ac66e05ff3.png

b027a56ae40017adeede3b77d4e3189b.png
Brute Force reboot confirmed. God Bless.

Fuchsdh

I'm really hoping whatever form Halo 6 takes it can really build on what H5 did. We've got such a massive wealth of user-generated and generating content it'd be awesome for the game to hit day 1 with some of this stuff rather than have to wait for people to get the game and adapt.

wwm0nkey

Found it! Was actually a Reddit post but Ske7ch said the server/custom browser was in RC phase and being released soon (this was 14 days ago)

Haruko

Is the Throwback playlist already down, or is it just going down later today?

Glad to see it will return at least:
I just found out that Super Fiesta is coming back to Halo 5 Matchmaking later today! Based on fan feedback and analytics it's safe to say that the "Anniversary Throwback" playlist ended up being quite popular. I want to give a shout out again to the Forgers who spent so much time making those awesome throwback maps! We'd love to add more classic re-creations down the road so please keep up the great work. We've heard the cries of fans loud and clear - you want something like this as a permanent addition. Many people on the team do as well. It's not going to happen immediately but it's on the list as the team continues working on playlist enhacements and additions for 2017.

op_ivy

I'm really hoping whatever form Halo 6 takes it can really build on what H5 did. We've got such a massive wealth of user-generated and generating content it'd be awesome for the game to hit day 1 with some of this stuff rather than have to wait for people to get the game and adapt.

i cant imagine that with the troubled content generation of halo 5, that wasnt the plan early on --- to carry their work forward into future titles.

I hope it returns with H2 remakes added.

with the halo 2 pistol? [/shudders]

with the halo 2 pistol? [/shudders]
lol that disgraceful weapon.. What was Bungie thinking by making it a 13sk? Halo 2 took a lot of what people loved about CE and either nerfed it, or completed changed it. Ya know, things like throwing grenades like a CHAMP or HOG WARS ;b

But yeah, I'm down for some H2 remakes with the H2 BR as the starting weapon. Colossus lift + Thrusters and Ground Pounds = fun times

Yeaaah!! Super fiesta!!!!!

My fav game mode is back again, my immortal grind will be put on hold for a week or two.

I wish for lots of nornfangs

cant wait to hear about the CU

despite all the negativity surrounding the community these days (obviously based on real issues but seems to be blown out of proportion, at least to me)
, this game continues to blow me away and i'm happy to see continues to be supported even if that support has, somewhat understandably, slowed down.

Don't read the 'community' losing its shit over minor stuff 9 times out of 10. It makes Halo so much more enjoyable. Trust me.

op_ivy

Don't read the 'community' losing its shit over minor stuff 9 times out of 10. It makes Halo so much more enjoyable. Trust me.

I try.

Halogaf isn't so bad, but trying to follow the pro scene at team beyond and ignoring it is next to impossible. Like can we not just take a step back and be thankful halo 5 is fucking great, got a lot of free content, got a major push to make relevant in esports, continues to receive at least some support a year after launch despite what seems to be dwindling interest? Naw, let's fucking call it all trash and compare it to a game (gears) that literally just launched and the support it recieves.

Karl2177

Tonight's session was so frustrating that I'm not playing again until the update. WZFF was alright, but Arena was terrible. I think it should be a prerequisite that spawn system designers and engineers not come from Fucktopia. Scavenger might have the worst spawns since Bungie default Narrows. Also why did Entombed get updated from somewhat clear cut color design to poop walls everywhere? Who let these updated maps get through with all of those ridiculous frame drops?

Top Bottom