• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
tumblr_mqq1x5nJHF1qcqa3io6_r1_250.gif

PLYWOOD BAIT COME ON

:(

Still so fucking bummed over the red wedding but at least my tweet made me e-famous for a bit, amirite?

Japarican

Banned
Hey yall, after lurking for 3 years I finally got an account. I just want to say I love Halo and I need this in my veins ASAP

Madness

Man Halo 4 had some issues but I Absolutely love the cutscenes

I think we'll be able to watch the new Blur ones in a new video/extras part of the menu too. Can't wait to see Halo 5 cinematics, just look at the difference between Halo 4 and H2A cinematics.

Omni

When is the new Waypoint hawtness dropping again? It's 3:30pm where I am in Australia now. So that's like night time in the US, right?

When is the new Waypoint hawtness dropping again? It's 3:30pm where I am in Australia now. So that's like night time in the US, right?

Right now it's 9:30 PM on the US West coast.

Edit: Beaten!

Any word on emblems being game specific?

I really, really want my blank, toggled seventh column emblem back.

I remember seeing a vid with kind of a big character edit that let you set 2/3/4 clan tags, emblems, and the like. No idea what's unlocked at the start or not.

Any word on emblems being game specific?

I really, really want my blank, toggled seventh column emblem back.

I'd like to see a special MCC emblem unlocked if your GT has all the console online games played e.g. 2,3,4 and maybe another version including Reach & ODST & SA.

Speaking of which I got this bad boy in Destiny from being a Legendary or Mythic member on B.net.old -

icon6896e8ef4ace90e3dd001ab02622fb3c.jpg

I wonder if that character edit thing will apply to all games like the control schemes. I doubt it though.

Yeah some legacy unlocks would be cool.

Not to make every post about gears of war 3, but i loved getting gun skins for having achievements from the previous games

I wonder if that character edit thing will apply to all games like the control schemes. I doubt it though.

Yeah some legacy unlocks would be cool.

Not to make every post about gears of war 3, but i loved getting gun skins for having achievements from the previous games

Character editing is the one big question mark I'm curious/worried about. Not a peep about that.
I want GUNGNIR everything.

I assume it will just be done by game.

Same halo 2, all master chiefs.
Same halo 3, the 7 or so armour sets.
Same halo 4, a lot of ugly armour.

The Halo 4 Spartan mark IV??(the halo 3 armour) looked awesome though. Didn't care for much else.

What are the odds of getting the hayabusa armour again? Would licensing and the like prevent it?

Omni

I'd like to see a special MCC emblem unlocked if your GT has all the console online games played e.g. 2,3,4 and maybe another version including Reach & ODST & SA.

Speaking of which I got this bad boy in Destiny from being a Legendary or Mythic member on B.net.old -

icon6896e8ef4ace90e3dd001ab02622fb3c.jpg
Dirty legendary member.

akpdpca.png

That's the mythic emblem

/cough ;D

Achievement walkthrough is already up to 41 pages in MSword and 12,000 words total (approximately). And it's not even half finished. Good lord, what have I gotten myself into?

All this avatar editing has got me all jealous, can anyone savvy edit mine and remove the white square from around the halo babby?

OT is moving along quite nicely. Not Destiny levels, but still, a nice brisk pace.

Still no Waypoint update, and I have work in 6 hours. Off to bed, see you beautiful plebs tomorrow.

Kinda disappointed that the Waypoint update isn't out yet. It's 11:24 in Seattle.

I imagine it's a lot of nail-biting, terrifying work updating a site of that magnitude.

I know it's silly, but I want to see a return to the simplistic but sooooo user-friendly 2007 era Bungie forums.

Compared to the current Waypoint setup, and even the current Bungie setup (which is a HUGE step backwards in terms of usability IMO) it would be a refreshing change.

Deception

I imagine it's a lot of nail-biting, terrifying work updating a site of that magnitude.

I know it's silly, but I want to see a return to the simplistic but sooooo user-friendly 2007 era Bungie forums.

Compared to the current Waypoint setup, and even the current Bungie setup (which is a HUGE step backwards in terms of usability IMO) it would be a refreshing change.

Yeah glad the era of overly flash heavy website UI's are finally coming to a close and we are moving on to more flat and minimal designed UI's. Hopefully with the new update mobile won't take an eternity to load anymore.

Omni

Hey now, let's not get too crazy here. Bungie's website has gotten progressively worse over the last two years. It's almost unusable now. Far too much client side scripting. Slows everything to a crawl.

Hopefully this Waypoint update is good. But I'm not convinced that 343i values functionality over style and we won't just get Waypoint 2.0

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Totally agree.

Hey now, let's not get too crazy here. Bungie's website has gotten progressively worse over the last two years. It's almost unusable now. Far too much client side scripting. Slows everything to a crawl.

Hopefully this Waypoint update is good. But I'm not convinced that 343i values functionality over style and we won't just get Waypoint 2.0

Read my post again, I pretty much said that Bungies current website sucks (2007 Bungie site was good) :)

EDIT: And yeah, despite my hopes to the contrary, I can totally see an image heavy fancy pants website that's totally unusable coming. Prove me wrong 343!!! :)

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
So much this...

I really get that people didn't like Halo 4, enough for someone to say "it's my least favorite Halo game". But saying Halo 4 sucks in every way possible, F*** 343, etc. etc. is just pure hyperbole and stupid. 343 seems really receptive towards constructive criticism regarding their game and that should be great news for all of us going forward with MCC and Halo 5.

Can we just stop with the "Halo 4 sucks" nonsense now? It's seems almost older than the Halo 4 release itself honestly.

That's because it is older than the game itself. Before it was released I was hearing: "Worst Halo game ever!"

My favourite game is Halo 2, even though it was a broken game. And people flamed that title because of teh MC/Arbiter viewpoint. Now people say it's a fantastic game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Browsing the new Waypoint and getting goose bumps. It looks cool and runs well! Can't wait to check my stats on it a million times in the future.

Top Bottom