• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Madness

Seems well made and finally it loads fine on my smartphone, but still need to sign in, Grant app access just to view service record, which is a big no no for me. Will continue to not use the site and keep using third parties then for stats viewing.

Omni

New assets?

9amlsX.jpg

04o3AC.jpg

Still have to use the terrible Waypoint web app to check stats and games. Get rid of that and we can talk further. Everything else but the stats app is looking nice and a much better design.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Still have to use the terrible Waypoint web app to check stats and games. Get rid of that and we can talk further. Everything else but the stats app is looking nice and a much better design.
Yeah, I just noticed that, too. I'm sure they'll ditch that before MCC comes out.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Damn I spent an entire month of my time alive just playing Halo 3 online. About 41 days total between 3, Reach, and 4. Barely played any H2 on this gamertag though, and all my H1 was on PC. I'd bet my total time spent playing Halo multiplayer would clock in at about 2 months.

Madness

Checking out the Halo 4 stats page.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-4/xbox-360/service-records/players/kittens dx

My Spartan Ops completion rate is 28%, lol.

CLASSIFIED INFORMATION

ENTER YOUR CREDENTIALS TO VIEW THIS DATA

SIGN IN TO CONTINUE

The above is the biggest problem with the site. Why you need to sign in, I don't know. I get we're in the age of user tracking and data mining, but come on, I can't sign in every time on my phone, laptop, nor do I want to grant their app access to my info. The old Bungie and sites like Halotracker work perfectly giving stats.

Madness

Oh, look, the final box art for the Master Chief Collection:
halo-tmcc-box-shot-542x542-3e56de648a214717abc4014d4209230d.png

Interesting they put ONLY ON XBOX ONE at the top. Probably means it won't be coming to PC, otherwise why even say that? Or is it more to tell Xbox 360 owners they won't be able to get this?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm glad you're digging the new site so far. The web team really busted their ass and it was awesome watching it all come together.

If you guys run into some wonky shit let me know. As with most major launches, there may be some bumps.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
I'm glad you're digging the new site so far. The web team really busted their ass and it was awesome watching it all come together.

If you guys run into some wonky shit let me know. As with most major launches, there may be some bumps.

Not enough pie.

Design and layout is genius; it's beautiful!

But yeah, forum ranks kind of foster spam and high-volume posting. This isn't a good thing at all.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
Currently at work doing boring shit. So I can't fully appreciate the new look due to restrictions and an outdated browser. But it looks great so far. Will look again tonight, when I've travelled into the future.

Nothing big but in the halo 3 service record it show your highest skill rank as whatever rank you are in rumble pit. Aka my highest skill rank is 12, even though im brigadier.

Nothing big but in the halo 3 service record it show your highest skill rank as whatever rank you are in rumble pit. Aka my highest skill rank is 12, even though im brigadier.

Yeah, I saw that - didn't show my highest skill as 46 (Team Doubles/Team Slayer respectively)

Sign in required? NOPE.

Looks like I'll be avoiding the website again since its introduction.

Come on web team, I see no legitimate reason to sign in to view stats.

When Dax was (unsuccessfully) campaigning against the laser, I went to the old bnet to check my stats, whilst I was there, I looked at my ranked and social stats, vids and pics all without having to sign in.

It was beautiful.

Madness

Sign in required? NOPE.

Looks like I'll be avoiding the website again since its introduction.

Come on web team, I see no legitimate reason to sign in to view stats.

When Dax was (unsuccessfully) campaigning against the laser, I went to the old bnet to check my stats, whilst I was there, I looked at my ranked and social stats, vids and pics all without having to sign in.

It was beautiful.

Same. It's so unnecessary. It's the one thing I wanted changed more than anything else on the site.

NOKYARD

Found the File Shares but they are buried deep. Like, lost Ark of the Covenant deep.

And, they don't work so i going to assume the web team is still working on it.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Great stuff on Waypoint, nice job.

There is one weird thing, in the Halo 4 campaign stats, though : it says 694 kills and 6238 deaths. I admit that my friends and I explored a bit and tried some tricks that caused a big number of deaths, but still ... 10 times more deaths than kills seems odd. Isn't there a chance for those to be in the wrong order ?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-4/xbox-360/service-records/players/i elros i

It's the same way on mine. Alert Tashi so he can alert the web team again.

Every single time. :'( Not very promising for that german version of the MCC I've headed my way, it'll only be in german, I feel it in my bones.

By the way, the guy who'd claimed the Halo 5 thread has relinquished it, so I went ahead and grabbed it. Gonna make it a collaborative effort, gonna try and figure something out over the coming months.

Woah very nice.

Never heard of it. You mean New Belgium?

New new Belgium

Just wait 'til we get Bruges a space elevator, we'll be on the map then. You'll see.

It'll crash and burn because we're nowhere near the equator, that's why.

Top Bottom