• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Ein Bear

Guys, Obsidian only shipped South Park earlier this year. No wonder Fallout 4 is taking so long, Bethesda realise how superior New Vegas was to 3 and have been waiting for Obsidian's schedule to open up.

Believe.

willow ve

Just a heads up HaloGAF - if you preordered a console bundle you might want to cancel and reorder on/after Nov 2.

From Nov 2 - Jan 3 ALL Xbox One consoles (including COD bundle, Sunset Overdrive bundle, and Assassins Creed bundle) will be $50 off their MSRP.

Who knows if that will go lower (or have added gift cards / games on Black Friday).

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Karl2177

On an unrelated note, Karl's last feature set has a lot of good discussion around forge and how it can be changed/improved for the future. Don't know if 343 would ever dedicate the resources needed to implement all those changes though. Let's see what the forge in H2A is like.

I'll be honest, I don't expect to see any of that come to fruition. 343i isn't building a new game from the ground up like Bungie was. When you're doing that, you need to build new tools and pipelines for how content is created(even if it is just dev tools). 343i already has a vast tool set and I don't see it being expanded, simply because of potential bugs that may come from it.

Mix

Guys, Obsidian only shipped South Park earlier this year. No wonder Fallout 4 is taking so long, Bethesda realise how superior New Vegas was to 3 and have been waiting for Obsidian's schedule to open up.

Believe.

no. Fallout 3 was definitely the superior game in terms of storytelling, where as Fallout New Vegas had a couple of gameplay mechanical and graphical improvements.

Madness

Just a heads up HaloGAF - if you preordered a console bundle you might want to cancel and reorder on/after Nov 2.

From Nov 2 - Jan 3 ALL Xbox One consoles (including COD bundle, Sunset Overdrive bundle, and Assassins Creed bundle) will be $50 off their MSRP.

Who knows if that will go lower (or have added gift cards / games on Black Friday).

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

They timed it perfectly so that it ends with the save $100 off your purchase of an xbox one with trade in of an elite. The guy at the Microsoft Store did say since I missed out on the $50 gift card and free game by a few days, that I could probably get the next promotion honored. Who knows though. This is a good deal for anyone, especially if they would've wanted Unity. Pretty sure you could sell the digital copy of Unity for like $45-$55 easily if you don't want it.

Fuchsdh

The fan Arbiter concept looks nice, but it also just looks like you bulked up one of the Storm Elite Zealots. Arby's armor is what sets him apart.

The design in Escalation is pretty interesting, I assume what we get for him in-game will look similar (although the cape might be odd if Arbiter is in action.)

dwells

Really prefer Chief's armor from Halo 2 out of all of the reiterations done to his armor . I liked how they made him look like a tank in Halo 4 but the design in Halo 2 just looks right and iconic.

Halo 2 armor is the best. Just the right amount of added detail and complexity over the Halo 1 armor without being over the top.

Holy shit, StK OGRE 2.

MEMORIEZ

Nostalgia everywhere.

Goddammit.

Matchmaking Ascension was poop. Custom game craziness Ascension was top-tier.

It's just not a good competitive map. Way too campy for slayer and too fortified for objective.

There will be so many second accounts because of shared gold on console.

Wait, this is a thing? Time for extra nostalgia - I had over a hundred different accounts over the three years of Halo 2 I played. People would throw two months at you in exchange for helping them up to a 40 in TS.

This is what they look like when they're done

1hIXv86h.jpg

The time between the beta and release is 343 putting Halo 5 in the oven

This is the recipe. I will be making these when Halo 5 launches.

Jesus Christ, dude, you can't do that to me at work on a Monday morning.

Fuchsdh

So, while I like my sprint and hit-markers, I've never seen the point of grenade indicators at all. You cannot in my mind helpfully tell me where in 3D space a grenade is around my character by using a 2D icon on my screen.

KevinG

Does anyone know if the Microsoft Store is still offering the license plate cover as a bonus for MCC? Asking for a friend who wants the game physically.

Very pumped!! The hype is starting to begin.

Totally. Too hyped for words.

I've been invited to this launch event MS is throwing in London, and I get to play in a tournament on stage that night as part of a team (No idea who my team mates are going to be)

Hoping to win some swag (as they certainly didn't give me anything for filming the commercial thingy with them, the stingy bastards)

Speaking of the commercial thing, that airs today. Not sure where, but presuming IGN, Youtube, Xbox.com etc.

Sephzilla

Pretty much 2 weeks + roughly 10 or so hours until we're playing MCC guys!

I'm legit happy I bought Bayonetta 2 this weekend. That's going to really help carry me through this time until MCC happens.

How did you get invited to do this?

EGX were interviewing people, they liked me and asked me to come along.

I KNEW IT WAS YOU I FUCKING KNEW IT...

But I didn't want to rule out the possibility of the baby faced guy being you too

Nope, I'm definitely the haggard looking bearded dude.

All my lulz, dance monkey dance to our tune .

FUCK YOU KP.

Honestly the best part lol

Thank you! I try!

That $349 deal is pretty fantastic, I wish it was here in Europe.

It makes the price difference painfully huge.
€252 vs €400 for the Sunset Overdrive bundle.

Woorloog

Banned
That $349 deal is pretty fantastic, I wish it was here in Europe.

It makes the price difference painfully huge.
€252 vs €400 for the Sunset Overdrive bundle.

Isn't it just $50 off, making merely the cheapest option (Kinectless non-bundle, $400, right?) $349, not that $500 becomes $150 cheaper?

I wonder how much i'd be willing to pay for a mere Halobox, 400€ is too much for that. 250€ certainly would be attractive.

Isn't it just $50 off, making merely the cheapest option (Kinectless non-bundle, $400, right?) $349, not that $500 becomes $150 cheaper?

I wonder how much i'd be willing to pay for a mere Halobox, 400€ is too much for that. 250€ certainly would be attractive.
?
I'm not saying the €400 - $400 dollar difference wasn't big already, but the extra $50, especially as it it's only in the main territory makes the difference even bigger.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh, i misread. Was thinking about that thread too much.

I assume you made proper price conversion? Because i can't see any console going for 250€ anytime soon here... (not sure if 360&PS3 are that cheap actually here in Finland... EDIT oh, it goes as cheap as 150€. Guess i've never seen it for that cheap on any physical store)

Sephzilla

Really prefer Chief's armor from Halo 2 out of all of the reiterations done to his armor . I liked how they made him look like a tank in Halo 4 but the design in Halo 2 just looks right and iconic.

I prefer the Halo 1 armor over Halo 2/3 armor, but I still really like both. They both have a "this is a spacesuit that's meant for combat" look to them that I like and think looks actually practical. The Halo 4 armor just looks off.

tootsi666

Just realized I get to test MCC (most likely H2A) next Saturday. Much excite

And 15 days until release. I need to figure out something to do while waiting.

Tawpgun

So, while I like my sprint and hit-markers, I've never seen the point of grenade indicators at all. You cannot in my mind helpfully tell me where in 3D space a grenade is around my character by using a 2D icon on my screen.
Nade hitmarkers though?

Bugs.jpg

Impala26

Nade hitmarkers though?

Bugs.jpg

I'm basically with you two on this. Don't mind sprint or weapon hitmarkers, but definitely don't need grenade hitmarkers or indicators. Sadly, not sure if there's a way to actually do hitmarkers in an exclusive way like this. Every game I've played that uses them it pops up for ANYTHING that you've directly done that causes damage to opposing players--bullets, melee, grenades, gas canisters, vehicles, vehicle wreckage, boulders... ANYTHING.

I do worry about H2A for this reason though. With players potentially able to hold EIGHT grenades at a time combined with hit markers, I'm really concerned about grenade spam being the absolute worst in this particular version of Halo.

Top Bottom