• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

TheOddOne

- Gameindustry: Cowen & Co. analysis sees CoD pre-orders well down, YoY.

iOiKptBFNGB93.png

Am I the only one worried by the fact that they are having a hard time making a classic Halo game when their only current objective is to do exactly that? When that annoying little requirement goes away, Halo 5 will be filled with these new "features".

?
I'm not saying the €400 - $400 dollar difference wasn't big already, but the extra $50, especially as it it's only in the main territory makes the difference even bigger.
Seeing how expensive the X1 games are here in Europe hurts much more.
MCC is $60(~45€) in the US, but 70€ here in Europe.

jem0208

And for the return of arena shooters, people want something different now.

Also was this posted?
I don't think so. I saw it in Reddit earlier but I haven't seen it here.

Anyway, that looks pretty cool... I'm really curious about the art direction of 5. The concept art has ranged from awesome looking ships looming over what kinda looks like a ship factory, to weird alien deserts, to massive cityscapes...

Impala26

The Fall of Duty is finally happening?

Perhaps, but the article even acknowledges several factors as to why preorders are down:

A) This particular holiday season is filled to brim with new AAA releases.
&
B) More consumers are purchasing digitally, or at least passing on pre-orders, i.e. pre-orders may not be a solid predictor for how well a game compared to say 5/10 years ago.

I find it really funny that the article brought up these points and then 180's and says, "nope, pre-order numbers are still as relevant as ever."

Like... really?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Y'all are clamoring for a $350 kinectless bone when you coulda got one with kinect for the same price last spring.

*twinges deal-seeking moustache

Did they lighten up the skybox or was it always this blue? Top image is from the Xbox Wire site today

LoD isn't very nice towards the back of the base though.

I think I noticed it a bit brightened up myself too, even during IGN gameplay. Was more pleased with it. The bottom screen looks poo.

Homeboyd

You guys needing an xbone, listen to frac. I don't know how he finds these deals so consistently, but he got me my xbone at a really good price. Quit bullshitting and pick up an xbone already. This game will be here in no time.

Fuchsdh

Well damn, my SO bundle Amazon order is preparing for shipment. Hopefully it cancels, since I wasn't going to be able to play games until MCC hits anyhow, so might as well order again later and get the $50.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Y'all are clamoring for a $350 kinectless bone when you coulda got one with kinect for the same price last spring.

*twinges deal-seeking moustache

I'd pay more to not have the Kinect.

#kinectless

You guys needing an xbone, listen to frac. I don't know how he finds these deals so consistently, but he got me my xbone at a really good price. Quit bullshitting and pick up an xbone already. This game will be here in no time.

Xbox One has been suprisingly wonderful considering I'm a PC gamer, Wii U owner, and Ps4 owner...

I play it more than anything else. Diablo 3 co-op, Forza Horizon 2 is addictingly good..probably going to get Sunset Overdrive from my dad when he get's the bundle...

Then the MCC.

Only other game outside Xbox One that I want this year is Super Smash Bros Wii U

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Xbox On and the tv turning on with it is probably the best thing ever.
I never watch TV and I can turn on the console by just pressing the home button on the controller, which is already luxuriously lazy enough for me, haha. Now that it's easy to record game clips without Kinect, there's really no big reason to have one.
There was never a big reason to have one.

Omni

I never watch TV and I can turn on the console by just pressing the home button on the controller, which is already luxuriously lazy enough for me, haha. Now that it's easy to record game clips without Kinect, there's really no big reason to have one.
There was never a big reason to have one.

Is it though? Double pressing the guide button and pressing X seems simple enough, but when you're playing a game that's pushing the system it's pretty sluggish. At least in my experience. It can take seconds to do something that you can do pretty much instantly with voice

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is it though? Double pressing the guide button and pressing X seems simple enough, but when you're playing a game that's pushing the system it's pretty sluggish. At least in my experience. It can take seconds to do something that you can do pretty much instantly with voice
We're talking a matter of "a few seconds" here. I can deal with that, lol. I've never had issues with it being even that slow, though. Also, I was thinking, and I could totally see how Kinect would be worth it if you watch TV. My impression of it might be different if that were the case for me.

Omni

We're talking a matter of "a few seconds" here. I can deal with that, lol. I've never had issues with it being even that slow, though. Also, I was thinking, and I could totally see how Kinect would be worth it if you watch TV. My impression of it might be different if that were the case for me.

Haha yeah. I guess personally I've found that the 30 second record feature only shines in hectic "wow that just happened" situations where it isn't really viable to 'leave' the game to do it manually

Though with Halo in particular I guess we have theatre and whatnot so it isn't a big deal either way

Honestly, for Kinects failings as a gaming related input device, it more than makes up for it for multumedia features. So many little things make it so nice to use.

I get in from work, kick my shoes off, walk through the lounge, say Xbox On, it boots up my entire system, and boots to TV. Xbox, watch Comedy Central. Boom, channel changed, Xbox Volume Down, and bosh - all before I've even sat down and got comfortable.

I think it's great, personally speaking. Sucks for games though! (aside from silly things like Fruit Ninja, Kinect Sports etc)

Sephzilla

Honestly, for Kinects failings as a gaming related input device, it more than makes up for it for multumedia features. So many little things make it so nice to use.

I get in from work, kick my shoes off, walk through the lounge, say Xbox On, it boots up my entire system, and boots to TV. Xbox, watch Comedy Central. Boom, channel changed, Xbox Volume Down, and bosh - all before I've even sat down and got comfortable.

I think it's great, personally speaking. Sucks for games though! (aside from silly things like Fruit Ninja, Kinect Sports etc)

I got the Kinectless XB1 but I may try to buy a Kinect 2.0 at some point down the line (also, once/if I get cable tv again)

danwarb

Best use of Kinect in a game was the leaning and peaking in Alien Isolation. That's how little we have for Kinect in games. It was good though. One button for every kind of lean, and I was already leaning.

klodeckel

Banned
Spartan Rank? We did not know this yet, no?

pBVuWbA.png

Oh man ... Slowly I am getting worried about the only ranks that really matter: the skill ranks 1 - 50. Actually, we haven't really seen much of them so far - just a small screenshot where you only could see your highest achieved rank on your profile page. If they will hide it somewhere in the menus like this ... I will be so super sad. It simply won't be the same like it was 10 years ago.

matthieuC

Oh man ... Slowly I am getting worried about the only ranks that really matter: the skill ranks 1 - 50. Actually, we haven't really seen much of them so far - just a small screenshot where you only could see your highest achieved rank on your profile page. If they will hide it somewhere in the menus like this ... I will be so super sad. It simply won't be the same like it was 10 years ago.

We're learning about ranks later this week so we'll see how they work soon enough.

IHaveIce

Banned

pBVuWbA.png

As long as they are anywhere in the game at all it would be a plus. They don't have necessarily be next to the gamertag though when I highlight a player it should show me his level.

dwells

pBVuWbA.png

They promised us the original ranking system implemented the same way it was in Halo 2, and it's one of the major reasons I'm excited for the game. It better be there.

Also, more killcam. Great.

Welfare

They promised us the original ranking system implemented the same way it was in Halo 2, and it's one of the major reasons I'm excited for the game. It better be there.

But you can... turn them off in Custom Games! Isn't choice all that really matters?

Omni

They already said it was changed a bit though

But you can... turn them off in Custom Games! Isn't choice all that really matters?

In the same way that a custom game option to toggle default Sprint off wouldn't change the fact that all maps were designed with Sprint in mind, while not as big of a deal, if kill cams are how the standard Team Slayer playlist plays, then it will be how the vast majority of the community plays, customs or matchmaking.

Top Bottom