• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Tawpgun

oh yeah, if you quit a game, you should lose a lot of XP. it's bullshit to just quit like that. I've never quit even if it's 4 on 1 and the score is 40 to 15

Actually in those situations a "mercy" option could become available. If your teammates quit out and assuming theres no JIP, you should be allowed to leave at no loss.

Defect

Highest skill should be displayed in every lobby next to your name unless you are in a playlist with a different rank of course. It should also be displayed in your service record.

Overdoziz

Banned
If your internet goes down that's kinda annoying though.

I think the best system would be you get a penalty if you have multiple quits within a certain time frame.

Having a quit or two a week shouldn't penalise you. Maybe something similar to the way Reach did it except instead of a ban you get a penalty.
I'd say 343 should really crack down on quitters. In competitive playlists like the eSport and 343's own whateverthefuckitis competitive playlist there should be harsh penalties for leaving mid-match.

Here's how I'd handle it:
1. Give people a couple of minutes to rejoin a match they've quit out of.
2. Don't allow quitters to join other matches while the match they've quit out of is still going on.
3. If the quitter doesn't rejoin the match he's quit out of after a couple of minutes he gets a penalty.
4. The more frequently this happens the more severe the penalties will become. They could range from a 15 minute ban to a week long ban from that playlist or whatever.

If you consistently get booted from the internet you should not be committing to competitive matches. Get your internet fixed and if it's your ISP's fault you should try not living in a third world country. Go play in some casual playlists where join-in-progress should be a thing anyway.

Edit: And there should definitely be an option to surrender, but only if the entire team unanimously votes for doing so.

AlStrong

YWCYPBN.png

Kinda reminds me of a Halo 4 map, not sure what the name is though.

>:p

Welfare

Actually in those situations a "mercy" option could become available. If your teammates quit out and assuming theres no JIP, you should be allowed to leave at no loss.

How about a "Last man" deal where in a 1v4, the 1, after he respawns when his final teammate quits, is the Last man. 1 more kill against him, and the 4 win, but the 1 doesn't lose anything.

It does look good, noms.
Cortana model in game does look a little weird. Like a barbie doll head on the wrong doll?

I really wish we could toggle the sound effects and music. The needler firing effect seems tinny / hard to listen to there >_<.

I'm not looking for things to dislike, I swear, it's a great package, >_<.

343 just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Halo culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Destiny where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Halo, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Halo public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MCC, nor will they purchase any of 343's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but 343 has alienated an entire market with this move.

343, publicly apologize and pay Blur to make a cut-scene variant for every weapon in the game (no matter how many Blu-Rays it takes) or you can kiss your business goodbye.
I'm just glad you didn't use "Halo Nation".
Oh my sweet chimichangas. This is .. big. I greatly anticipate pouring over this implementation/version.

Mix

Has Frankie/343 said whether or not there is going to be a cinematics viewer in the game?

So I can watch the cutscenes without having to play through the missions again?

Yes, in the extras tab, you can watch the cutscenes and terminals, and apparently the Another Day At The Beach too.

Hey folks - going to be streaming shortly.

twitch.tv/sikamikanico_

Any requests on what you'd like to see first?

Let me know! (Obviously, 1 level from each game, as per 343's selection.)

Also, give me a heads up if my quality is poop and if I'm lagging or whatever.

Should be live in 15-30 minutes ish.

You're turning into Ragnarok Flames. Embrace the salt, young Outer. It's your Destiny.
Youch, my dignity.

But to be serious, I've been fairly critical of certain decisions, so I am concious that I don't want to be seen as someone who just automatically objects to things 343 do, that really isn't the case.

I don't know if you can show us this, but can you tell us if the armors for MP are presets or pieces?

I'm not allowed to show it, and a lot of that is in the 20GB update. Which isn't here yet. Sorry.

I can play either:

Halo CE - Silent Cartographer
Halo 2 - Gravemind
Halo 3 - Sierra 117
Halo 4 - Infinity

danwarb

Ugh a reminder of how dumb this cutscene was in the context of the story.

Lasky reunited with chief after seeing him last time when he was a kid. After chief saved his life.

But never mind that. How about fucking EVERYONE not giving a shit the goddamn master chief is alive but somehow on the same planet we're exploring? The hero of humanity.

Poorly handled. Where's my goddamn fanfare.

Indeed. Just some scientists or AI acknowledging how weird and wondrous those events would be in the Halo universe would make all the difference. Spartan Ops CGI did a bit better. We wonder around a Forerunner shield world and no one gives a shit, and we learn nothing about it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Youch, my dignity.

But to be serious, I've been fairly critical of certain decisions, so I am concious that I don't want to be seen as someone who just automatically objects to things 343 do, that really isn't the case.

I had turned heel but now I'm a healthy balance of salt and slrp.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm not allowed to show it, and a lot of that is in the 20GB update. Which isn't here yet. Sorry.

I can play either:

Halo 2 - Gravemind
Halo 3 - Sierra 117
Halo 4 - Infinity

I would like to see you play...

Halo 2 - Gravemind
Halo 3 - Sierra 117
Halo 4 - Infinity

edit: Did any of you get a code for the Evolve alpha this weekend? Looking to group up with some people for it.

RoKKeR

I thought I understood the rank system earlier but now talking to some friends I don't really get it. I never played Halo 2 online to understand the ranking system so I'm most familiar with 3's.

So every time you win you get XP that contributes to your OVERALL rank, and each playlist with have separate "skill based" ranks based on what... TruSkill? The IGN explanation is pretty slim on details.

jem0208

Halo 2 - Gravemind
Halo 3 - Sierra 117
Halo 4 - Infinity

edit: Did any of you get a code for the Evolve alpha this weekend? Looking to group up with some people for it.

I got it.

Won't be able to play though. Got an exam next week :(

CliQ

Can a reviewer answer the question if there is an option to change the hud and game sounds of HALO: CE to the original?

Thanks

danwarb

Warthogs kicked up bouncing dirt particles in original Xbox Halo CE. I'm sure that was in the PC version too?

The videos on gamersyde have quite a lot of stuttering, something I didn't see in the IGN multiplayer or campaign videos, so still hopeful.

Mix

Halo 2 - Gravemind
Halo 3 - Sierra 117
Halo 4 - Infinity

I did! I also have a ton from work, so if anyone wants one hit me up and when I go in next I'll snag some.

Top Bottom