• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Madness

You just know some poopsocker is going to play the Halo campaigns non-stop without taking a single break, just to say he could do it. One after the other speed run.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You just know some poopsocker is going to play the Halo campaigns non-stop without taking a single break, just to say he could do it. One after the other speed run.

In Battlefield they refer to them as shitbuckets. Haven't hear poopsocker before.

it's gonna happen. and it will be streamed on Twitch

Mix

Super hyped for the game, the FPS on splitscreen is a great question.

Do we know what we're getting in the morning?

EDIT: Someone play Halo 2 Vista with me.

The campaign leaderboards are a great addition.

Also, the new Waypoint site is super sleek, huge improvement.

It's nice to see 343 addressing feedback in all departments.
Heck, even the new Spartan Assault has some nice improvements.

Only a couple more weeks :)

Madness

I'm in such a Halo mood right now

Same. And the crazy thing is, I can play all the games right now if I wanted to, but I now only want to play through MCC on the Xbox One. I might try and play Halo 3 a week or so before launch, just to get the hang of it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Same. And the crazy thing is, I can play all the games right now if I wanted to, but I now only want to play through MCC on the Xbox One. I might try and play Halo 3 a week or so before launch, just to get the hang of it.

Don't worry, it's the most natural muscle memory of all of them.

Madness

Don't worry, it's the most natural muscle memory of all of them.

I think because I've played so much Halo 4 and was the most recent, it will be the easiest to get into. But a big problem will be that I will also have trouble adapting to the new controller too. I'd imagine Halo 2 Anniversary will play similar to H4 as well.

I might just do a few custom games, relearn some jumps and the maps again too. I know I sound like I'm some pro, but I'd honestly say I'm a "scrub" myself right now.

I wonder if they fixed the draw distance in Halo 4, for instance you could cross map with a dmr and all of the rocks would be gray blobs on maps like Exile/Vortex.

GrizzNKev

Banned

Yep. I've been telling myself for like a year that I want to replay all the campaigns, but now that I'm getting MCC I'm just going to wait and play them all when it comes out. I was talking to a few people earlier about how H2A felt at PAX, and it seems like the deadzones on the xbone controllers feel quite different from the 360 ones. I think that and getting used to the universal bumper jumper means I'm gonna need a period of adjustment before jumping into something like Team Hardcore.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna play the Halo 3 campaign with a buddy who's never played it before. Can't wait. :)

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
Yeah, exactly. During that sequence with the Hunters during Regret I was going "man, even the original looks amazing!" And then I noticed I was looking at anniversary graphics. This game is pure rose-tinted goggles, and I love it.

The game is pure rose-tined goggles. I love that. Because it's true.

Madness

Yep. I've been telling myself for like a year that I want to replay all the campaigns, but now that I'm getting MCC I'm just going to wait and play them all when it comes out. I was talking to a few people earlier about how H2A felt at PAX, and it seems like the deadzones on the xbone controllers feel quite different from the 360 ones. I think that and getting used to the universal bumper jumper means I'm gonna need a period of adjustment before jumping into something like Team Hardcore.

I'm the same. I'm so glad no achievements are in the multiplayer. I completely ruined my lone wolves early on going for them. I'll probably jump into the social slayer playlist first for a bit and then go into ranked.

It's funny, some people say they've been able to shoot headshots much easier with the 60FPS gameplay, while others have said it's much harder. Others have also said they hate the "looser sticks" of the Xbox One controller, while some have said they love the controller much more than the 360 one.

I found the controls to be really responsive at EGX. Totally destroyed playing H2A Lockout. (Well not totally, tied with King Picollo @ 17 kills each before the timer ran out.)

Universal bumper jumper is going to be GLORIOUS.

Random17

Universal controls also give me an opportunity to actually switch to bumper jumper, something which I have failed to do because I found swordflying easier on default controls.

If only prepatch swordflying was in Halo 2... that would be the best possible thing 343i could do for speedrunning that they haven't done already.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Universal controls also give me an opportunity to actually switch to bumper jumper, something which I have failed to do because I found swordflying easier on default controls.

If only prepatch swordflying was in Halo 2... that would be the best possible thing 343i could do for speedrunning that they haven't done already.

Bumper jumper is objectively the best control scheme. Having one that is the same across all the games is gonna be great.

Random17

I'm most looking forward to Halo 4 Campaign gameplay now.

IGN says it looks like a next gen game, and the footage in the video in which this was stated seemed to back up their point.

However, the leaderboards video seems to have lower IQ for some reason. I'm actually struggling to tell the difference between the 360/One versions in the level Composer. Maybe I'm missing something...

I'm a bit skeptical as to how good it will really look, but the initial IGN video leads me to have much higher expectations than the bump for Halo 3.

Ubersnug

I'm most looking forward to Halo 4 Campaign gameplay now.

IGN says it looks like a next gen game, and the footage in the video in which this was stated seemed to back up their point.

However, the leaderboards video seems to have lower IQ for some reason. I'm actually struggling to tell the difference between the 360/One versions in the level Composer. Maybe I'm missing something...

I'm a bit skeptical as to how good it will really look, but the initial IGN video leads me to have much higher expectations than the bump for Halo 3.

Bear in mind that Halo 4 footage was youtube videos. IGN's video player seems to give the IQ plenty of room to show itself off and run at 60FPS.

Madness

There is no way it can really look worse. I mean you're getting a resolution and frame rate bump. Expect it to look much crisper, cleaner, and run smoother.

Skele7on

Banned
I need to lay down, I am dying.

My girlfriend doesn't even know how dead to me she is once this releases.

I will lay a reef on her side of the bed and say, "Babe, it's been fun, but Halo is here RIP"

THANKS 343

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
I need to lay down, I am dying.

My girlfriend doesn't even know how dead to me she is once this releases.

I will lay a reef on her side of the bed and say, "Babe, it's been fun, but Halo is here RIP"

THANKS 343

Face it, Cortana is now your girlfriend.

There once was a Spartan from Reach,
Whose comrade had an ass like a peach;
And he was desperate to feel,
Despite her not being real,
Her bright-blue electronic breech.

Aplogies for the smut.

Skele7on

Banned
Face it, Cortana is now your girlfriend.

There once was a Spartan from Reach,
Whose comrade had an ass like a peach;
And he was desperate to feel,
Despite her not being real,
Her bright-blue electronic breech.

Aplogies for the smut.

You know if I said that Cortana is now my gf, I doubt she'd be very shocked....

Any HaloGAF people going to be around on Monday 10th November in London? I have a +1 for a Halo Launch event.

The event is apparently invite only.

Posting interest does guarantee attendance - just curious if there are any people in the area from here.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
Any HaloGAF people going to be around on Monday 10th November in London? I have a +1 for a Halo Launch event.

The event is apparently invite only.

Posting interest does guarantee attendance - just curious if there are any people in the area from here.

The only drawback is that Sik wants the volunteer to be naked and covered in baby oil. And preferably someone willing to buy him an Xbox One.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
There's never enough esports stuff. The more the better. I soak it all in.

I'm quite happy for there to be more e-sports stuff. ity's been lacking somewhat since Halo 4. Sure, there's more of it now but there's plenty of room for it to grow significantly beyond its current state. The more the merrier I say. More e-sports, more fiction, more vids, more Halo full stop.

All I really need to see now is H3 and H4 gameplay, and an explanation of how the ranking system works.

Netcode exposition for each game would be nice too. Along with 60 FPS, dedicated servers was the neon-lighted headline feature for Halo on Xbox one at the E3 2013 reveal. Thus far, unless somebody can point me to something I haven't seen, we've heard approximately zilch about how they're going to work. Will will be able to matchmake based on continental location? If I'm hosting a transcontinental custom game, can I select a server equidistant between the differing locations? Is P2P an option for whatever reason?

VinFTW

lmao @ a comment on the leaderboard video on youtube

"Great now my friends can know how bad i am at Halo"

edit:

jesus, dave chappelle looks so weird jacked.

Top Bottom