• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Akai__

Though Xbox.com sites and all stores still list the 14th :(

Yeah, I hope Frankie knows what's up with this. Could be an error, when they changed the Halo Waypoint website or they just didn't inform all the stores yet.

Ah brilliant :)
In that case, our online stores really need to update their shit.

Don't hype yourself up about it. I could be wrong. :p

Just do the US marketplace thing to get the thing before EU release if it is indeed the 14th.

That's what I plan to do anyways. But people should be aware of this being possible.

Welp, now I don't know what to believe. I hate when releases aren't worldwide.

Yeah, I'll probably end up doing this if that's the case.

The launch event I've been invited to is being handled by MS' PR company Edelman - and it's definitely on November 10th. So I would say that game is definitely launching November 11th Worldwide.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
I hope there are fictional nods in MCC, just like there was in Halo CE Anniversary, Such as Linda's bio readout on the POA.

I'd like easter eggs that tend to point towards the other Spartans.

Karl2177

I wonder if they fixed the draw distance in Halo 4, for instance you could cross map with a dmr and all of the rocks would be gray blobs on maps like Exile/Vortex.

Good question.

Also I might have something moderately interesting later today or tomorrow. Depends on how motivated I feel.

^ The better question: Are there any GAF related easter eggs like last time?

Fotos

My friendly neighborhood Gamestop Manager (Finland) said it's listed 11th on their system. If it was any other game I would just get it digitally but I need my Halos on my shelf.

Yeah I'm probably going to get it in a physical copy at midnight. Even though I'd have to listen to my friends playing the digital version before me thanks to the extremely long disc download time on Xbox One. I still don't really understand that.

Vooduu

Was going to skip out on the white Xbone I had reserved since I'll be away from home but fuck it, I want the MCC. Looks great.

dwells

Here's a little blast from the past (July 2004). Had this image lying around and figured I'd share it:

40nrS0T.png

Even the multiplayer beta had a bunch of content that didn't make it to the final release. The axe got dropped hard during crunch time to meet the deadline. There were a handful of things that were damn near finished but got the cut anyway.

VinFTW

So, I wasn't on (Halo)Gaf when this was announced, therefore I missed the discussion:

Does this video confirm sprint in Halo 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWnY4U_5avU

Two reasons:

1) well, they're sprinting in the beginning

2) How can you do a feet-first slide without being in a sprinting motion first?

bonus) Why does the spartan appear to be hiding behind cover?

I know it's just a trailer but usually with Halo sometimes it's literal and good indication of upcoming game mechanics.

RowdyReverb

So, I wasn't on (Halo)Gaf when this was announced, therefore I missed the discussion:

Does this video confirm sprint in Halo 5?

It also confirms that Spartans will shout, "Let's move!" before a match starts.
Really I think the big takeaways from the video as far as things that will be in Halo 5 are the arena setting and the spartan abilities.
On another note, does this trailer seem like it's actually a trailer of a trailer? Like these are a bunch of short cuts from a full-length video?

Sephzilla

Controller S is the champion of controllers.

m0tNRZf.png

This. Controller-S is still the superior Xbox Controller.

I was kind of hoping 343 would pull what Nintendo did for Smash and release an adapter that let you hook up an Xbox controller to your system for MCC.

Here's a little blast from the past (July 2004). Had this image lying around and figured I'd share it:

40nrS0T.png

Even the multiplayer beta had a bunch of content that didn't make it to the final release. The axe got dropped hard during crunch time to meet the deadline. There were a handful of things that were damn near finished but got the cut anyway.

There was a halo 2 MP beta? never knew and I followed the launch of that game quite a bit, so I thought.

It also confirms that Spartans will shout, "Let's move!" before a match starts.
Really I think the big takeaways from the video as far as things that will be in Halo 5 are the arena setting and the spartan abilities.
On another note, does this trailer seem like it's actually a trailer of a trailer? Like these are a bunch of short cuts from a full-length video?

I hope the arena we saw in the beta trailer is something we will get a lot of, it reminds me a LOT of space maps in quake 3 and that is a GOOD THING in my books.

The flamethrower and mongoose were in the beta but I don't believe either actually spawned on any map the tags were just in the .map files.

The mongoose works but the suspension on the model was broken.

There was also disitegrator and a flying human vehicle I believe. There was also a few references in the code to saved films and headhunter. None of it was even close to being finished.

Users could download maps during the beta. I think Lockout was a downloadable map.

RowdyReverb

I hope the arena we saw in the beta trailer is something we will get a lot of, it reminds me a LOT of space maps in quake 3 and that is a GOOD THING in my books.

There should totally be a Forge World in space in Halo 5 like Impact, but even more sparsely decorated. Imagine the remake possibilities! It would also be awesome if Halo 5 gave a lot more versatility in designing game types, to the point that you could actually make the game play like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament on a space map. Not StarCraft-level game creation, but adjusting things like HUD elements, specific weapon stats, physics, etc could be a real first for console games.

RowdyReverb

Godfather of all space maps.

Blog-FavoriteMapsUnrealTournamentFa.jpg

I was about to suggest DM-Morpheus as well, but then I saw that it had already been done in Halo 4!
0SbqHwL.jpg

Though I think it would look better with a plain black and white starfield.
Also I just realized that Halo 4 already had a space-themed forge map in Impact. Shows how much I know.

In fact, there are several classic UT remakes on that page. Is it still possible to download these somehow?

FyreWulff

The flamethrower and mongoose were in the beta but I don't believe either actually spawned on any map the tags were just in the .map files.

The mongoose works but the suspension on the model was broken.

There was also disitegrator and a flying human vehicle I believe. There was also a few references in the code to saved films and headhunter. None of it was even close to being finished.

Users could download maps during the beta. I think Lockout was a downloadable map.

Would have been neat to see some Halo 2 beta stuff as part of the MCC.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The launch event I've been invited to is being handled by MS' PR company Edelman - and it's definitely on November 10th. So I would say that game is definitely launching November 11th Worldwide.

We'll have details soon. 11th is US date, we're trying to make everything as close as possible where we actually have control. More deets soon.

Mix

We'll have details soon. 11th is US date, we're trying to make everything as close as possible where we actually have control. More deets soon.

I'd love to be able to play with the full gang (Elzar included) on the same day. I understand it's not always something you can control, but it would be cool to dong on Elzy day one.

belushy

Banned
There should totally be a Forge World in space in Halo 5 like Impact, but even more sparsely decorated. Imagine the remake possibilities! It would also be awesome if Halo 5 gave a lot more versatility in designing game types, to the point that you could actually make the game play like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament on a space map. Not StarCraft-level game creation, but adjusting things like HUD elements, specific weapon stats, physics, etc could be a real first for console games.

I hope we get a great map making tool in h5. Forge has been serviceable, but the maps always look the same. We need to be able to change textures or colors and modify terrain.

And the "simple scripting" makes me think they are going to add A.I units (a la Far Cry's editor) so we can do custom campaign missions and stuff like that.

VinFTW

I used this gif to land the girlfriend I've had for over two years lol

thats epic.

edit:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134600521&postcount=21

lmfao

edit2:

Yeah, a little OT, but we had been talking for a little over a week and she had just broken up with her boyfriend at the time and when she told me I sent her that and a week latter we got together and have kinda been together ever since.

mending the broken wings you little devil you

Mix

thats epic.

Yeah, a little OT, but we had been talking for a little over a week and she had just broken up with her boyfriend at the time and when she told me I sent her that and a week latter we got together and have kinda been together ever since.

ANYWAY, Halo PC maps in the MCC is something that'll keep me in Halo CE. I love the game and I love these maps. It's gonna be hella fun to play on console with HaloGAF.

Awesome, thanks Frankie.

Is the bulletin still dropping today?

I believe so, I don't see why it would get pushed again. I wonder what they even have to talk about at this point? lol IGN has done a fantastic job with their coverage I'd be surprised if they had something else they're hiding on top of all these badass feature.

Top Bottom