• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

:59 - shows a Pistol vs AR (very possible to miss shots, especially when strafing)
2:17 - shows a guy getting shredded by the AR while the Pistol dude's aiming is decent, but not good enough (weapon still takes skill, had that been Halo 2 that AR guy would've been dead)
There are some other shots of the Pistol in action, like shooting that dude from a distance on Infinity's bridge, but the two clips above better illustrate there's still skill with the Pistol.

BONUS: 1:37 - Plasma Rifle

Pistol fights are like:

giphy.gif

Speaking of vehicles, if future games include the Falcon and Hornet they should be equipped with something that can help defend against the Banshees maneuverability and heavy weapon. The Falcon in Halo Reach was a deathtrap..warthog of the skies it was not. Especially since you couldn't use it to carry objectives.

Has 343 commented on the possibility of adding a third person mode for MCC or Halo 5?

I know there was some reddit buzz the other day, but don't know if anything ever came of it.

Onikaan

Appreciate all the kind words on our coverage folks. Means a lot, especially coming from GAF. :)

As for the Halo 1 netcode? Well I guess we'll find out next week. On Wednesday (11am PT) we're livestreaming the game for 2 hours with Max Hoberman. He'll be here at IGN in SF with me and connecting to a group of 343 folks up in Kirkland.

We're doing nothing but taking requests, BTW, so you can tweet at us and tell us what game/map/mode/custom settings you want. I think it's going to be really fun!

From Gaming side.

Oooh.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Reach had too many pointless medals imo. Halo 3 medals are my favorite.
I agree that Reach had too many unneeded medals, but it also had the coolest looking medals. If I were in charge, I'd trim the medals like this:

Definitely Remove:
Headcase
Reload This
Pummel
Headshot
Close Call

Maybe Remove:
Revenge
Avenger
Protector

CyReN

How did it look better? I still noticed the pistol and especially the sniper reticule don't look right. Namely, the snipe reticule is still too large. I know this build is probably a month or more old, but I couldn't tell a difference.

Are you referring to the spartan armor? That does seem to look more like the original. =)

Someone put it best from another forum

As has already been stated in this thread, the footage of H:CE looks soooooo much better than what was released two days ago. From watching today's footage, it's clear that the pistol is not hitscan, and the game seems to be much more fluid.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
LMAO

Halo 4's bullet magnetism is far worse, though. Everyone was suddenly able to give noscope Beam Rifle headshots.

Bullet magnetism is just the worst.
I felt bad when I had to break the news to my friends who thought they suddenly got better at Halo. "This game feels great, and I'm landing headshots left and right!"

IHaveIce

Banned
The stream is good news, hope we see mote of this stuff.

IGN does a wonderful job of coverage, I am super hyped to play with guys from here (Kittens, Fracas with his magical host) and mmayve reliving amazing matches with the old games (ctf on sandtrap with elzar and co)

Frank. I gotta move mountains to pick up this console for MCC launch. You know the details man.

At least a hint even.

Help me save money and just blink if there's a chance for a MCC bundle for Ireland or even Europe.

Preferably in white. I don't want Sunset Overdrive and have no idea what to do with a download code. It's not like I can trade that in.

Just blink. Or quote some Wu tang or something.

Anything.

RowdyReverb

Frank. I gotta move mountains to pick up this console for MCC launch. You know the details man.

At least a hint even.

Help me save money and just blink if there's a chance for a MCC bundle for Ireland or even Europe.

Preferably in white. I don't want Sunset Overdrive and have no idea what to do with a download code. It's not like I can trade that in.

Just blink. Or quote some Wu tang or something.

Anything.

If you don't hear anything by November, I'd say not to hold your breath for a bundle. Until then, it's ok to wait. I would normally say of course there will be a bundle, but they already have 3 different bundles planned for November, so I'm doubtful.

dwells

Halo 2 didn't narrow the skill gap that much. The skill gap was still very much prominent at the professional level. While some elements of individual player skill were narrowed by things like increased auto aim and lunges (necessary evils for online play), teamwork was as important as it was in CE.

As such, the skill gap was much more obvious on the team level. Thus why even teams that were supergroups of accomplished players didn't necessarily do as well as one would expect. A team's ability to synchronize, communicate, and adapt was hugely important in Halo 2, and I think that's what made Halo 2 so beautiful as a competitive game.

they're just showing off the Fiesta skull. Everybody gets random weapons! Hunters get plasma rifles, grunts get rocket launchers, Marines come equipped with dual needlers

That Halo Channel app looks pretty sweet with the twitch integration and encyclopedia stuff. I wonder if it's possible to get a custom games "browser" in there. Snapping and stuff could be neat.

That Halo Channel app looks pretty sweet with the twitch integration and encyclopedia stuff. I wonder if it's possible to get a custom games "browser" in there. Snapping and stuff could be neat.

Really hope custom game browser is a thing. I honestly feel like that would be revolutionizing to console multiplayer kind of like H2 on XboxLive was the first time console players got to experience such a great online competitive game with matchmaking playlists.

If the MCC does that, then Halo will have such a long life. Would probably be played all the way until the Xbox One dies.

VinFTW

Really hope custom game browser is a thing. I honestly feel like that would be revolutionizing to console multiplayer kind of like H2 on XboxLive was the first time console players got to experience such a great online competitive game with matchmaking playlists.

If the MCC does that, then Halo will have such a long life. Would probably be played all the way until the Xbox One dies.

I don't think we'll see it for MCC, but I can't imagine Halo 5 shipping without it.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Halo 2 didn't narrow the skill gap that much. The skill gap was still very much prominent at the professional level. While some elements of individual player skill were narrowed by things like increased auto aim and lunges (necessary evils for online play), teamwork was as important as it was in CE.

As such, the skill gap was much more obvious on the team level. Thus why even teams that were supergroups of accomplished players didn't necessarily do as well as one would expect. A team's ability to synchronize, communicate, and adapt was hugely important in Halo 2, and I think that's what made Halo 2 so beautiful as a competitive game.

It's Called Teamwork Hotshy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57qqIOOpT2A

Zyos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcdNIFSDVhc

Top Bottom