• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

They were knocked out. One or two of them came out of anesthesia in the middle of the procedure, but they were all initially sedated.

Ah, I see. although its kind of odd the doctors in charge didn't see the guy trying to punch the drill and put it on pause to re-mediate them. These are multi billion dollar soldiers here...

...then again we didnt see enough of the scene for that to happen.

Flipyap

Getting caught and imprisoned by the Didact better happen early in the campaign... sigh... I was so happy about finally getting a Halo where you have zero clue of what's going to happen as you play (unlike ODST and Reach) and then they go and pull this shit.

That being said, the ad is growing on me. It doesn't flow nicely in general but the individual scenes by themselves are fantastic.
I wouldn't expect this to be a scene that actually happens at any point during the campaign, it being an entirely different kind of CG and all.

pFJXa.jpg

feel

I wouldn't expect this to be a scene that actually happens at any point during the campaign, it being an entirely different kind of CG and all.

pFJXa.jpg
I thought of this, but then I remembered 343 is now taking a different aproach to the franchise. Everything is canon and fits into the fiction.

I was thinking the same thing, being so critical over something no one will remember in 18 days is just silly to me.
We talk and reminisce about old Halo ads all the time.

Ramirez

We talk and reminisce about old Halo ads all the time.

Yea, mostly about how the games didn't even come close to living up to them, lol. That ODST commercial is so different from the actual game, & the Halo 3 ads promised these epics moments that never happened in the game either. Maybe with this trailer being a little lackluster, the game will surpass it! Brilliant move 343!

Polygon Commenter said:
I assume that’s Dr. Hasley calling to him. I remember Keys discribed her with that summer dress and hat in the original book when they went to first see him.
Come to think of it, this never crossed my mind. Is it possible that woman could be Halsey. It would explain why John is associating her with Cortana.

shfwE.jpg

I'M READY

My little brother has a 360 so I'm going to give him the regular edition of Halo 4.

Bah, my detonators mic is broken and the frame is cracked. I want to get the Halo 4 one but the bass is only 40mm compared to the 50mm Detonator one :(

I don't know what to do, is there any difference between the two?

broony

Speculation of how the trailer ties into the game, not really a spoiler but just me guessing:
the Enviroment where the chief is fighting in looks like the end of the E3 demo where you get surrounded and pinned onto the floor. I'm guessing its that level (4?) that you first meet the Didact.

http://i.imgur.com/4Jopf.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Mj1za.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/shfwE.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wUkLQ.jpg[/MG]

[b]I'M READY[/b]

My little brother has a 360 so I'm going to give him the regular edition of Halo 4.[/QUOTE]

Those headphones are so-so for audio. My biggest problem with them is that they make my ears and head hurt.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Those headphones are so-so for audio. My biggest problem with them is that they make my ears and head hurt.

Which ones are those? Are they like the 60 dollar ones?

I wore them for hours last week and I really did not like them. I would agree that the audio is so-so but they were just very uncomfortable for extended play sessions.

El_Chino

Which ones are those? Are they like the 60 dollar ones?

I wore them for hours last week and I really did not like them. I would agree that the audio is so-so but they were just very uncomfortable for extended play sessions.

That's really disappointing to hear, I was really looking forward to getting them :/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's really disappointing to hear, I was really looking forward to getting them :/

I'm sorry, I don't mean to make you feel like that about your purchases or future purchases. It might just be because I'm so used to my own setup.

How'd your friend get those photos nowise?

Its more of a contitioning thing. I know when I first got my Detonators it took me a good week to break them in (and I believe they are the same size as the Halo 4 ones). Once thats done you won't even notice they're on

Ryaaan14

Banned
Can someone please help me justify the $40 for the LE? I'm seeing all this shit about it not getting the season pass bonuses, and other pre-orders getting the specialization bonuses.

At this moment it literally looks like I'm paying $40 for the steelbook and the Recruit skin which I would wear for 1 hour before unlocking other armor that wouldn't even be able to use it.

HALP.

nillapuddin

Can someone please help me justify the $40 for the LE? I'm seeing all this shit about it not getting the season pass bonuses, and other pre-orders getting the specialization bonuses.

At this moment it literally looks like I'm paying $40 for the steelbook and the Recruit skin which I would wear for 1 hour before unlocking other armor that wouldn't even be able to use it.

HALP.

its not 40 extra, its 15 extra

GhaleonEB

HALP.

Season pass, steelbook, some printed fictional doo dads.

Digital Barbie costumes don't add anything for me. But they had me at "steelbook".

Ryaaan14

Banned

What.

Season pass, steelbook, some printed fictional doo dads.

Digital Barbie costumes don't add anything for me. But they had me at "steelbook".

Well screw it.

I'll go standard edition and buy the season pass separate. I keep my games in a CD booklet anyway.

This will be the first Halo game since CE I've bought the standard version for...feels bad man.

El_Chino

I'm sorry, I don't mean to make you feel like that about your purchases or future purchases. It might just be because I'm so used to my own setup

Its more of a contitioning thing. I know when I first got my Detonators it took me a good week to break them in (and I believe they are the same size as the Halo 4 ones). Once thats done you won't even notice they're on

I see, the thing is I have the Turtle Beaches Ear Force X11 for about two years now and I was looking to upgrade them but still stay in the $50-$60 price range.

Ryaaan14

Banned
map pass = 25 bucks

your paying 15 bucks for FUD digital, steelbook, nerd goodies, few skins + avatar stuff

Ah, I see.

G/F is getting me FUD BDR for free, I keep my games in a booklet, I am not into fictional print, and it seems like you get more digital skins/armor NOT buying the LE...so...

Not a lot of value for this Halo fan.

zap

To everyone PMing videos and stuff from the leaks:
I think it's really unfair to do so when people like David and Frankie, who post here and have given us so much clarification and details (often in their own time), have to spend their time having to trawl through the internet deleting these videos that you're sharing. I expect that from waypoint and bnet, but it feels really rude to do so here. Halo 4 is almost 2 weeks away, let's just be patient.

$108.61 = Price of LE
-$27.15 = Standalone season pass which comes with exclusive helmets
-----------
$81.46
-$65.16 = Price of Standard
-----------

$16.30 = Price of LE case + Prime skins/emblem/prop + UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.

These are the numbers on the receipt I hold in front of me in the state of NY (bes). Slick case, but not worth the money IMO.

What.

Well screw it.

I'll go standard edition and buy the season pass separate. I keep my games in a CD booklet anyway.

This will be the first Halo game since CE I've bought the standard version for...feels bad man.

..was gonna post this earlier - it hurts..

J10

Banned
I would've liked to see something more about how Master Chief actually obtained his status/rank, I don't follow the lore closely so it would be cool to see why he is who he is. Although I realize it may be something hard to portray in such a short time.

He's done a lot. The short of it is that there are no more commendations and promotions to give him without taking him off the battlefield. If they promoted him any higher he'd end up in a non-combat commanding role. The same is true of pretty much all the Spartans.

zap

$108.61 = Price of LE
-$27.15 = Standalone season pass which comes with exclusive helmets
-----------
$81.46
-$65.16 = Price of Standard
-----------

$16.30 = Price of LE case + Prime skins/emblem/prop + UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.

These are the numbers on the receipt I hold in front of me in the state of NY (bes). Slick case, but not worth the money IMO.

..was gonna post this earlier - it hurts..

You're forgetting FUD comes with it.

My attempt at something a little... more. Best I could do with youtube doubler.
http://youtubedoubler.com/5sy5

This is awesome.

Shadders

I think the trailer works as a "hey there's a human behind the Master Chief." For everyone who has already read the novels, it comes off as boring and already known information. For everyone else, this might be the first step to get people to think of the Chief as someone more than the green space marine that shoots out one-liners, blows up the Halos, and doesn't afraid of anything, which seems to be 343's goal with the H4 campaign going by their BTS stuff.

I think this is on the money. A lot of people still think Master chief is a robot.

You're forgetting FUD comes with it.

I personally don't consider that as something to pay for because not only is some of that going to be on Waypoint, but it'll be on YouTube/various sites shortly after the game releases anyway. Making the FUD series, etc. as a digital download is only convenient if you want to watch it that night, otherwise I'm more than fine waiting for an upload.

zap

I personally don't consider that as something to pay for because not only is some of that going to be on Waypoint, but it'll be on YouTube/various sites shortly after the game releases anyway. Making the FUD series, etc. as a digital download is only convenient if you want to watch it that night, otherwise I'm more than fine waiting for an upload.

The extended cut won't be on Youtube (well, legally), but I see your point.

For me:

LE= $128 (NZD)
SE= $88
2000MSP= $33

Difference: $7

I'm ok with that the $7 for the above stuff.

Top Bottom