• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Re-posted
Some pics I took:

GJFwF.jpg

o6fif.png

vc6cD.jpg

agbcY.jpg

9iwY4.jpg

u1q6Z.jpg

3xhgm.jpg

p4oov.png

I see, the thing is I have the Turtle Beaches Ear Force X11 for about two years now and I was looking to upgrade them but still stay in the $50-$60 price range.

I'd say go for it, All you have to remember is that with the Tritons is that for the first few days they will feel odd on the ear because they have the ear shaped earpiece. Once you get past those first few hours/days, your ears will get used to it.

All you have to remember is unlike the Turtle Beaches it's not compatible with PC out of the box (Err, well the Headset is, but the microphone wont without a little rigging), but if you want to have it take input from the PC you will need to purchase an RCA Female-3.5mm Male Jack (for the audio) and a 3.5mm Male-3.5mm Male cable (for the microphone)

Other than that sound quality tends to be good on the trittons, and I found that the mic is really sensitive so its great for late night gaming/chatting.

Damned you chief, You're the perfect troll. All you had to do was turn a little bit more to the left.

TheOddOne

Microsoft registers HaloExchange.com, USNCExchange.com domain names
If domain names are any indication of Microsoft’s plans for its biggest Xbox franchise, the company may be opening some type of new store with the launch of Halo 4.

On October 17, Microsoft registered the names HaloExchange.com (Whois), HaloExchange.net (Whois), HaloWaypointStore.com (Whois), HaloWaypointstore.net (Whois), USNCExchange.com (Whois), and USNCExchange.net (Whois) through the brand protection company MarkMonitor.

While it could be nothing more than Microsoft protecting its Halo brand, the registration of both the dotcom and dotnet may signal bigger plans.

In the U.S. military, the term “Base Exchange” is a common name for a type of retail store, originally akin to trading posts.

At the time of this story being published, the domain names redirect visitors to Bing.

Conor 419

Banned
Well that trailer was a fucking disaster.

I mean, jesus christ how many times have we seen these hench, bald teenagers go through the augmentation process? "Oh, b-but it shows they're human on the inside, and they've all been through terrible thi-" NOBODY CARES FOR FUCK SAKE.

And seriously? Stretching the entirety of the Master Chief's life over the course of two minutes? It was stretched wayyyyyyyyy too thin, the overall trailer was scatty and absolutely lacked focus and a clear message. I'd even go as far ahead to say that your average Gary down the pub would find it quite confusing.

I mean, it's perplexing how they can come out with this after a launch trailer which perfectly captures the greatness of the previous Halo trailers. Serenity, followed by mystery, followed by SHOCK OMG ACTION, followed by a cliffhanger. That formula is perfect, and it has worked for the series so well. This trailer was just bloated, and what Starry Night achieved in 45 seconds this trailer couldn't achieve with two.

Dark day for the series.

S1kkZ

fantastic trailer, only rthing lacking was the music (which was pretty bad). it need a shorter, more intense version. i love the trailer because its 100% fan-service, but i am not sure what the "normal" gamer will get out of it.

and microsoft: just make the fucking halo movie already.

Spiders

Instead of flashbacks from the Spartan-II program the trailer should have had iconic scenes from the Halo trilogy, rendered in glorious CG.

IHaveIce

Banned
Trailer was awesome.

The Build up for the Didact is impressive, better he is also this badass in the game or through the next games.

When does the new FUD episode goes online?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
That trailer was fucking awesome.

I'm guessing that this has already been discussed, but that enemy is definitely
The Didact
, right?

Killer

Banned
Good trailer but I still think the previous halos had better ones.

Anyway, what happened to Exile CTF match ? Someone here said he/ she will upload it.

Seance

Banned
The extended cut won't be on Youtube (well, legally), but I see your point.

For me:

LE= $128 (NZD)
SE= $88
2000MSP= $33

Difference: $7

I'm ok with that the $7 for the above stuff.

http://www.wowhd.co.nz/games/halo-4-xbox-360/dp/29181379/56569799

Got my copy from Bond and Bond for $75, but at least I will get it day 1.

Edit: Just got back from Armageddon and watched the trailer there. Was intending to upload to YT and be all cool and shit but I guess it was already released.
yBWZf.gif

Conor 419

Banned
Seems like a lot of you liked this trailer. Would anyone like to put forward an analysis as to why it is a good trailer?

I'm legit interested

It was by far the worst main TV commercial in series and fairly mediocre by normal game commercial standards too. I would have preferred even an edited version of the CE Anniversary's 10th terminal video, which created a far more foreboding atmosphere, as the TV trailer.

Then again, the previous Halo commercials always hyped myself for a more epic and mature Halo campaigns that never came to be. Tempering the hype with a crappy commercial this time may be a good thing.

Maybe wait and see what the story is in Halo 4 before criticising it?

Or since they are trying to integrate the books more, why Flip a 180 on the characters?

Neither Didact hates humans. The bornstellar didact had chakas and riser. and the other didact admits to respecting them as warriors.

TheOddOne

Or since they are trying to integrate the books more, why Flip a 180 on the characters?

Neither Didact hates humans. The bornstellar didact had chakas and riser. and the other didact admits to respecting them as warriors.
What are you complaining about actually without having played the game?

Your perception = not reality.

S1kkZ

we dont know anything about him and what his role in h4 is (or what happend to him since the forerunner trilogy). just wait for the game dude.

Krispy

To everyone PMing videos and stuff from the leaks:
I think it's really unfair to do so when people like David and Frankie, who post here and have given us so much clarification and details (often in their own time), have to spend their time having to trawl through the internet deleting these videos that you're sharing. I expect that from waypoint and bnet, but it feels really rude to do so here. Halo 4 is almost 2 weeks away, let's just be patient.

lol no

broony

Just being safe to spoiler, no real spoilers from the games, just a bit from the books:
In the books he is made out to be huge and intimidating. Is that not how he appears in the trailer? I didn't hear anything in the trailer about him hating humans

Also, loved the trailer myself. Big baddie looks amazing, loved the feel of those shots, reminded me of atmosphere in Alien 3 where Ripley is being looked by the alien.

Conor 419

Banned
Seems like the general reaction to this trailer is definitely in line with what I'd expect, no hating going on here chums, it really was underwhelming.

^ Oh brilliant, great timing.

Omni

Well that trailer was a fucking disaster.

I mean, jesus christ how many times have we seen these hench, bald teenagers go through the augmentation process? "Oh, b-but it shows they're human on the inside, and they've all been through terrible thi-" NOBODY CARES FOR FUCK SAKE.

And seriously? Stretching the entirety of the Master Chief's life over the course of two minutes? It was stretched wayyyyyyyyy too thin, the overall trailer was scatty and absolutely lacked focus and a clear message. I'd even go as far ahead to say that your average Gary down the pub would find it quite confusing.

I mean, it's perplexing how they can come out with this after a launch trailer which perfectly captures the greatness of the previous Halo trailers. Serenity, followed by mystery, followed by SHOCK OMG ACTION, followed by a cliffhanger. That formula is perfect, and it has worked for the series so well. This trailer was just bloated, and what Starry Night achieved in 45 seconds this trailer couldn't achieve with two.

Dark day for the series.
So salty

Top Bottom