• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

I would play Halo 3 way more if it wasn't for the netcode and that crappy BR. So many headshots needed on unshielded people.. the same shit happening when H3 was populated!

Thank goodness the H4 BR is hitscan, otherwise it would've been useless.
Yeah, it was annoying having to drain like 7 or 8 shots into someone because of spread and what-not, but it was cool to play on some decent maps again.

dfd.png

u518U.png

Edit: Beaten like Talents
These look awesome, thanks

And who still plays halo 3, want to start playing ranked ts

After fiddling around in Windows Movie Maker (Ergh, kill me now), I think this is the best I'm going to be able to do unless someone wants to donate a copy of Premiere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mev3U7hVfJs&feature=youtu.be

Still waiting on that gameplay trailer.

Wow, conceptually that was much better. I really like how you cut back to him being scanned a few times, it really ironed the effect and meaning in. Also, your music choice works a lot better in invoking emotion. Basically, I think they need to recut the trailer, use different music and then bingo, Dino DNA!

Yeah, it was annoying having to drain like 7 or 8 shots into someone because of spread and what-not, but it was cool to play on some decent maps again.

Definitely.. and the art style is so much more appealing than Reach.

These look awesome, thanks

And who still plays halo 3, want to start playing ranked ts

YKLcm.png

..made it earlier, but never got around to posting it - a simple Didact logo that works with the effect

-EDIT-

Updated the avatar for ya.

Wow, conceptually that was much better. I really like how you cut back to him being scanned a few times, it really ironed the effect and meaning in. Also, your music choice works a lot better in invoking emotion. Basically, I think they need to recut the trailer, use different music and then bingo, Dino DNA!

Most of that cut came from the 60s trailer, which IMO, is a much better edit to begin with.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I "Didactified" my Facebook Cover photo earlier.

Now my friends are asking what it is. Someone seriously asked me if I "got hacked" lol

ZalinKrow

Damn, we're almost down to 2 weeks left. Makes me wonder when they're going to talk about the things they said they'd tell us more on "closer to launch". Either way, I've got the IGN map walkthroughs, the bulletin and most importantly FUD to keep me going :) Still curious as to when we might hear more though.

Tawpgun

Yo.

What if Dax is right and Didact isn't the ancient evil, and at the end of Halo 4 we become bros, and then arbiter comes and its like the 3 musketeers.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yo.

What if Dax is right and Didact isn't the ancient evil, and at the end of Halo 4 we become bros, and then arbiter comes and its like the 3 musketeers.

I really, really doubt that's correct give the information we've been given so far.

But this really should be discussed in the other thread.

Sure, may be on at 11 est. Be warned that I have not played any shooter in months. gt: pjay56

Oh YOU'RE pjay56? lol I think I deleted you by accident..

"Wait, who the heck is this?" -delete- Damn 100 friends limit... When the hell are they going to not only increase that, but add a turn-off timer for the 360?!

senador

Banned
I definitely don't think Didact is the ancient evil. I think it has more to do with Precursors and Graveminds and I think we'll see the Flood again in Halo 5.

If you know the plot to Halo 4 already, shut up.

Shadders

Yo.

I'm still feeling like Didact will turn out to be an OK dude. He just ain't evil enough for that tagline.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I'm still feeling like Didact will turn out to be an OK dude. He just ain't evil enough for that tagline.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. There's isn't anything
in Cryptum to imply he's a bad guy unless something major happened in Primordium.
(possible slight Cryptum spoiler, I doubt it, but covering my bases)

GhaleonEB

in Cryptum to imply he's a bad guy unless something major happened in Primordium.

Non-spoiler answer to your post:
He's not evil in Primordium either. I'll be disappointed if he's the evil in the game.
I don't think he is it.

wwm0nkey

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. There's isn't anything in Cryptum to imply he's a bad guy unless something major happened in Primordium.

A person can change in 100,000 years, always keep that in mind, also with how much The Thursday War was like "So yeah that Didact guy is totally evil and we will repeat his name a billion times just to get the point across" I think its safe to assume its him but then again which one? and why?

We will have to wait and see when the game comes out though and Silentium should shed more then enough light on the whole situation too.

Tawpgun

"If anything major happened in Primordium" lol. Good joke.

I never want see stuff like 2nd form, or final form even implied in a Halo game.

That reminds me, we should do some castlevania before H4 comes out.
It already is! Forerunners can change forms :p

A person can change in 100,000 years, always keep that in mind, also with how much The Thursday War was like "So yeah that Didact guy is totally evil and we will repeat his name a billion times just to get the point across" I think its safe to assume its him but then again which one? and why?

We will have to wait and see when the game comes out though and Silentium should shed more then enough light on the whole situation too.

Well, I assume for most of those 100,000 years he's been unconscious in a cryptum.

Top Bottom