• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Yo.

What if Dax is right and Didact isn't the ancient evil, and at the end of Halo 4 we become bros, and then arbiter comes and its like the 3 musketeers.
YS1eT.jpg

Most of that cut came from the 60s trailer, which IMO, is a much better edit to begin with.

Oh, have a link to this edit?

Non-spoiler answer to your post:
He's not evil in Primordium either. I'll be disappointed if he's the evil in the game.
I don't think he is it.

Hm, the only I can think of is
he isn't evil, but his motives still greatly threaten humanity, thus being evil from our perception. But I too suspect things won't be so black and white.

Swarmerr

So after playing a lot of lone wolves today in h3 I learned some things.

1. Default snowbound is a terrible map arguably worse than orbital.
2. Starting with Ar's sucks.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I would really, really, hope and appreciate that people who have seen/know the ending/storyline are NOT contributing to this discussion. If you are and are acting like you don't know anything, you're a fucking prick.

Also if you know shit don't drop little vague comment about the ending either, no matter how vague or "well intentioned"

Fracas

#fuckonami
I wish the Needle Rifle was a 5 shot kill. I love the look and sound of it so much, but it's so limited because of it.

That, and my game is still fucked up and all Needle Rifles fire at 100% bloom.

Shadders

I would really, really, hope and appreciate that people who have seen/know the ending/storyline are NOT contributing to this discussion. If you are and are acting like you don't know anything, you're a fucking prick.

Also if you know shit don't drop little vague comment about the ending either, no matter how vague or "well intentioned"

My comments were pure, uninformed speculation. :)

But yeah, people who know the story had better not contribute, because even subtle comments can reveal a lot.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

For real. Such assholes.

heckfu

Banned
I literally said a couple months ago its not the Didact who is the ancient evil. But as soon as BK Tawpgun says it whoaaaaa do we have a theory.

He basically got put inside of Bornsteller's body. So there is the Bornsteller Didact and the Ur-Didact.
I did some Googling and it seems I was right:
Didact was executed by the Master Builder in Cryptum. I think you're confusing what you said with the brevet mutation, which allowed the Didact to transfer all of his knowledge and memories to Bornstellar.

I've never really liked the idea of the whole brevet mutation and Bornstellar becoming the new Didact. It's not really the Didact (and makes his relationship with the Librarian kind of creepy). I feel like there was never a point to Bornstellar.

aj1467

My comments were pure, uninformed speculation. :)

But yeah, people who know the story had better not contribute, because even subtle comments can reveal a lot.

I'm staying out of the speculation for that very reason. Would hate to accidentally spoil it for anyone.

senador

Banned
Cryptum/Primordium Spoilers

He basically got put inside of Bornsteller's body. So there is the Bornsteller Didact and the Ur-Didact.

It doesn't explicitly say but I assume he died. Why else would he have transferred himself to Bornsteller in an awkward advanced mutation that he wasn't really ready for? I think having 2 would be too confusing for those just playing the games.

You haven't look at any Silentium stuff, have you?

Just saw the synopsis. Hmm.

My thoughts on the ancient evil and Halo 4 plot:
This doesn't change much for me. I think one of the Didacts will be the ancient evil at first, and he will awaken from a cryptum. We'll fight him and stuff and he will be the ancient evil for Halo 4. But near the end, we'll discover there is a deeper evil and things will get hairy for the upcoming games/books.

Again if you know, shut up.

Shadders

I literally said a couple months ago its not the Didact who is the ancient evil. But as soon as BK Tawpgun says it whoaaaaa do we have a theory.

Haha, that was my theory too, I did a blog about it around E3. As more media came out it became increasingly likely that Didact was the Ancient Evil. For me it's the launch trailer that's swayed me back again. Just feels like it could be a bluff.

Tawpgun

oh I know what the HaloGAF likes...

Also, I mentioned Dax because he's the one that said it a few pages ago.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've had someone spoil the "ending" 3 times, but the things I've heard all contradict each other, so I don't believe it, and what I'm speculating has absolutely nothing to do with it, I swear.

-Based on what we've seen, I think the Didact is the bad guy. Mainly due to the Fincher trailer and the ARG stuff.

-I don't think they'll just throw the Arbiter away. I bet he makes an appearance in this new trilogy somewhere. No idea if he could be in Halo 4, although (these are small actual spoilers, from that terminal on Waypoint a while ago)
could he be with that ship? I haven't read the books, so I have no clue here

-Something's gotta happen with Cortana. I don't know if they'd go so far as to kill her off, but IMO the only way to satisfy this buildup with her rampancy is to have something major happen.

I did some Googling and it seems I was right:
Didact was executed by the Master Builder in Cryptum. I think you're confusing what you said with the brevet mutation, which allowed the Didact to transfer all of his knowledge and memories to Bornstellar.

I've never really liked the idea of the whole brevet mutation and Bornstellar becoming the new Didact. It's not really the Didact (and makes his relationship with the Librarian kind of creepy). I feel like there was never a point to Bornstellar.

i thought that this is what happened. also i cant how humans are portrayed in thursday war. they seem like bitches. still only half way through. maybe my opinion will change. i feel the jul could make a good character and same with aribter.

not really a major spoiler (just ranting about halsey...) but just covering my basis, just in case
i also dont understand the hate for halsey. shouldnt pragnosky get more hate? she feels sorry so her part in all this is excused. also didnt oni hire halsey to kidnap kids and make them into supersoldiers? its not like she had a secret hideout where she ran her experiments, she used oni funding. end rant

Top Bottom