• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

I hope not. Can you even IMAGINE how dumb he's look and sound now (if that mock Japanese language from the terminal is any indication)?
He's my favorite in-game character and I'd rather see him die from Traviss's hand, than to watch him get his ass rebooted into something so profoundly lame.

Maybe once 343's art and sound teams change, but not right now. No way. Nuh uh.

The day this happens I will celebrate.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of glad I haven't seen Halo Legends.

And I've tried, but the Halo 4 OST still does nothing for me. I think need to experience it in game -- with some context, action, and emotion -- before I'll really appreciate it.

I'm curious as to how you guys would create a female for a species like the Elites (honorable, samurai culture). The Duel was very underappreciated ;[

I even liked how when the Elites spoke with "class" and sophistication when talking amongst each other, then when the Arbiter went nuts his individual jaws would separate in a moment of pure rage.
sSfEz.jpg
And it showed us the turning point when the title of Arbiter became a mark of shame ;]

Flipyap

I'm curious as to how you guys would create a female for a species like the Elites (honorable, samurai culture). The Duel was very underappreciated ;[

I even liked how when the Elites spoke with "class" and sophistication when talking amongst each other, then when the Arbiter went nuts his individual jaws would separate in a moment of pure rage.

And it showed us the turning point when the title of Arbiter became a mark of shame ;]
I certainly wouldn't give them human tits and hair. Trying to make them appear attractive to a sort-of-normal human being would also not be very high on my list.

I liked the thing they did with jaws not splitting all the time, but that's something CE-era Bungie deserves credit for.

Arnie

OST's on Spotify for me (UK), really don't enjoy the themes as much as Marty's stuff, but I'm willing to give the thing another try when the audio's married to specific imagery. 'Nemesis' did get me quite excited, but only because I'm yet to find out who this nemesis really is, even if I can make an educated guess. Love how 343 have kept that one close to their chest, brilliant move.

Highlight of the OST is Awakening remix by Gui Boratto, for sure.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm kind of glad I haven't seen Halo Legends.

And I've tried, but the Halo 4 OST still does nothing for me. I think need to experience it in game -- with some context, action, and emotion -- before I'll really appreciate it.

Yea it makes a world of difference. You have nothing to associate the music to. After you play the game and hear the music, it will have more meaning.

GhaleonEB

The Ur-Didact isn't in Primordium.

Pretty sure the original Didact got killed in Cryptum (or Primordium).

Spoiler'd just in case.
That's my understanding as well. It was said a few times in each book.

You haven't look at any Silentium stuff, have you?
The Master Builder didn't kill Didact, he abandoned him on a flood infested planet.

....you've got to be freaking kidding.

blamite

Alright, I think I figured out a decent way of doing Didact avatars in GIMP. I'll probably take a shot at making some for people who want them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yea it makes a world of difference. You have nothing to associate the music to. After you play the game and hear the music, it will have more meaning.
Yeah, exactly. I'm sure I'll love it just as much as all the other Halo OSTs once I have some quality in-game time with it.

And okay guys, I'll give Legends a shot. :lol

Sorry Arbiter, but your Chief is in another trilogy.

Sorry Arbiter, you're actually an interesting character, so we can't have you in Halo anymore.

Cryptum/next book
Read Cryptum and had no idea what happened to the Didact (or in general lol) at the end of the book, and based on what I'm reading you don't find out at all what happens to him in the next book, but in the third book he was left on some flood invested world...glad I didn't read the second book, this series of books is a mess.

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

lol get shit on

Top Bottom