• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Fotos

The Didact symbol is becoming so popular.

1350846109-frankie-didact.gif

Any HaloGAFers play Battlefield 3 on 360? I'm thinking about picking up the BF3 premium edition so I have something else to play online with Halo 4 but I don't know if the population is still big enough to justify paying $60 for BF3. Thanks in advance.
Would be smarter to pick up borderlands or another sp game

Omni

Any HaloGAFers play Battlefield 3 on 360? I'm thinking about picking up the BF3 premium edition so I have something else to play online with Halo 4 but I don't know if the population is still big enough to justify paying $60 for BF3. Thanks in advance.

Yes! Get it. So worth it. Plus the population is still quite big

One of the biggest games on Xbox Live. Population is very healthy.

Not available in the United States.

Yep. That's why I couldn't find it through search.

There's like 1 good episode tha deals with the young kids. The dragonball one and the elite one are both terrible.

I literally rewatched Legends a couple of hours ago. There are like 2 good sections. Otherwise the direction is..odd.

Tunavi

Banned
I traded it in, it was fun for a week.

Fotos

Starting to see the live action trailer a lot now. Saw it earlier during an NFL game and saw it again during the Giants game right now.
EDIT: just saw it again. I have seen it 3 times today on TV and they were all different.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. There's isn't anything
in Cryptum to imply he's a bad guy unless something major happened in Primordium.
(possible slight Cryptum spoiler, I doubt it, but covering my bases)
Nope. I haven't read Thurday War yet, but I don't think we'll get
a clear idea of the Didact's motivations
until Silentium, which was pushed back to March. We'll probably see a map pack by then.

CyReN

Starting to see the live action trailer a lot now. Saw it earlier during an NFL game and saw it again during the Giants game right now.

Been seeing it all day on Youtube banner too, guess they are going hard for the last 2 episodes (guessing they will be the best)

Maybe that shadow is the shape of Didact's unlocked Cryptum sphere and 343 have desperately been trying to warn us. Our lack of info so far has been because Didact's been jamming their communications.

He's coming for us.

Moa

Anyone got a stream to watch something sporty where all these ads are popping up? Can't watch nothing in the UK.

Omni

Any one know a good summary of Halo 2 & 3's story?

And a good crash course in Forerunner history?

Thanks!
Play the games? They're not very long. Plus you'll get a better explanation.

As for Forerunner history... Here's the basics.

Created by the Precursor. Thousands of years later proceeded to wipe the Precursors out once they realised that the Precursor were planning to get rid of them (for failing to uphold the mantle).

Afterwards, waged war on ancient Humanity for stumbling onto their territory (Humans discovered the Flood and only survived by sacrificing worlds). Humans lost and the Forerunners sent us back to earth, somehow sending us back to the stone age.

Precursors made the Flood as a solution to the mantle and sent it to the galaxy after failing to get rid of Forerunner. Rest is pretty simple (Forerunner was attacked by Flood, resorted to blowing everything up with the Halos)

That's the gist of it, I think. Might be a bit off though... Been a while since I read the books.

I work for my local FOX affiliate as a production assistant for the news. I walked into the studio just a few minutes ago and saw the Scanned trailer playing on a huge 3-HDTV array during the Cardinals game.

Feels good. =)

Top Bottom