• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Moar Gamestop preorder theme codes

3QG47-7KXYY-PR33V-2K9RG-QJ3VZ
4PJFG-TTT2T-KQ9W9-2DGPH-TPCWZ
XJV39-3WX2V-P994W-2TW2J-TFW7Z
KTD32-7KJRK-6CV2T-2X4VP-9V3YZ
FRK93-D9Q4W-QFX3Q-XGW9D-DFDQZ
H9Y2K-JKKDX-7D4GM-3WVVR-3D2TZ
KWXHG-394DH-JCHFF-362XQ-7VWXZ
TDFD4-FH749-D3C49-JQ6KX-973MZ
KTT47-GWDJ3-P3HWP-W6RDD-HWFYZ
724XV-V3F24-VGWJ4-CG2H9-VKH3Z

Claimed. Wow, gracias!

I redeemed this one Thanks!

Bronion

Got the bolded one.
Thank you!

RIP Slayer Pro, dead-on arrival

Combine KotH with Oddball for 5v5 Capture Playlist, add BtB Objective, replace Regicide with actual FFA, SWAT weekend playlists or some shit

/hireviewtiful

I love the concept of one gametype per playlist. Play what you actually want to play. That said, there needs to be some objective BTB.

Slayer Pro will be fine as long as there remains a small number of playlists, but obviously it was never going to compete with the infinity slayer lists.

RIP Slayer Pro, dead-on arrival

Combine KotH with Oddball for 5v5 Capture Playlist, add BtB Objective, replace Regicide with actual FFA, SWAT weekend playlists or some shit

/hireviewtiful

No for Oddball and KotH in one playlist. KotH and Oddball are so different in 4, and so fun in their own ways.

YES for the BtB Objective. Seriously. Why is it not in?

I don't give a shit about Regicide or any FFA... and SWAT in weekend sounds slick, same with Grifball, Rocket Race, Snipers, etc.

Also, Team Doubles, anyone? Why is that not in? I know that maps aren't that small... but Haven, Solace, Adrift and perhaps Relay, would work fine. That was my favourite playlist since 2. :(

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
No for Oddball and KotH in one playlist. KotH and Oddball are so different in 4, and so fun in their own ways.

YES for the BtB Objective. Seriously. Why is it not in?

I don't give a shit about Regicide or any FFA... and SWAT in weekend sounds slick, same with Grifball, Rocket Race, Snipers, etc.

Also, Team Doubles, anyone? Why is that not in? I know that maps aren't that small... but Haven, Solace, Adrift and perhaps Relay, would work fine. That was my favourite playlist since 2. :(

I gotta believe it'll be one of the first they add. Figure 343 was really committed to a barebones list to avoid the population from fracturing.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The MLG stream is much better than it used to be all things considered. There's no Dr. Pepper or Bagel Bites ad every 5 minutes anymore, it's getting better.

If they could just give higher quality and better commentating. I don't know anything about SC2 so I couldn't tell even if I watched it, but apparently it's pretty top notch. Never hear that about the Halo one though, they need to get on that.

I wrote up some impressions of Halo 4. I would have posted it here but it's just over 3400 words long. I don't know why. I talk a lot. Please forgive typos. It is long.

It's a good video game.

Reading...

"Friendly AI is most certainly not best-in-class. Following a well-known Halo tradition, UNSC forces are morons."

Bahaha! So true... I never really understood that, despite enemy AI being damn near incredible, the friendly AI has always sucked.

Edit: Concerning backdrops, I noticed that, too, and instantly understood why they did it. Somewhat disappointing, but considering the hardware Halo 4 is running on, it's an absolutely worthy tradeoff.

Edit 2: "I loved that the Active Roster let you know when a team of Inheritors was going to dump on you so I could prepare myself for Banshee abuse. No longer. Patch it in!" Press X for the Roster, dude.

I wrote up some impressions of Halo 4. I would have posted it here but it's just over 3400 words long. I don't know why. I talk a lot. Please forgive typos. It is long.

It's a good video game.

Those expecting large, Ark-style vehicular arena sections should keep their expectations in check–the vehicle sections in the game are more restricted in nature

iKl253PJ47olO.gif

Seance

Banned
The MLG stream is much better than it used to be all things considered. There's no Dr. Pepper or Bagel Bites ad every 5 minutes anymore, it's getting better.

If they could just give higher quality and better commentating. I don't know anything about SC2 so I couldn't tell even if I watched it, but apparently it's pretty top notch. Never hear that about the Halo one though, they need to get on that.

You remind me of that EGM reviewer. Halo stream has been like this since forever and there are thousands that love it for what it is. Get over yourself already.

Overdoziz

Banned

I personally like the Walshy - Bravo combo the best, they know their shit and don't say dumb stuff too often.

@ dax: after replaying it, i think the
second level of h4 could be among the best halo levels. jaw dropping visuals, lot of variety, great set-pieces, good flow.
Isn't this kind of like a spoiler? I don't want to go into the 2nd level thinking it's supposed to be great and then be disappointed for having my expectations set too high. People who have the game early really need to limit how much they talk about the campaign, because you know, not everyone has the game yet. Ugh.

Dayum, I miss give-aways all the time! Curse you fast people :p
How are you posting, you're supposed to be in prison.
Reading...

"Friendly AI is most certainly not best-in-class. Following a well-known Halo tradition, UNSC forces are morons."

Bahaha! So true... I never really understood that, despite enemy AI being damn near incredible, the friendly AI has always sucked.

Ah, no, not again. I'm so tired of giving a Marine a rocket launcher only to watch him shoot it into a wall two feet in front of him.

S1kkZ

Isn't this kind of like a spoiler? I don't want to go into the 2nd level thinking it's supposed to be great and then be disappointed for having my expectations set too high. People who have the game early really need to limit how much they talk about the campaign, because you know, not everyone has the game yet. Ugh.

edit my quote, i edited my original post.

Some bad news: coop netcode is still awful. I wasn’t lucky enough to be chosen as host, so I was instead bestowed with a full second of input lag.

Welp, single player Spartan Ops it is, then :/

Rtas

Yeah I'd like to second this, even with the black spoiler bars, can we keep the campaign spoilers to a minimum for those of us who didn't get it early? Make a thread or something for it, but please keep it out of here, almost had something fairly important spoiled for me earlier because I clicked the wrong place and had to close my browser to avoid seeing the spoiler

edit my quote, i edited my original post.
Thanks. I think more or less I'm just jelly of everyone who already has the game when it's not even supposed to be out for 3 days. So I'm gonna have to go dark or listen to impressions for the next 72 hours. Needed to vent lol.

Dude - the commentary is so much better than before. Puckett, u4ix, unbreakable, bravo, elamite + guest commentary? C'mon. I don't care what anyone says, Gandhi/Shockwave/Dmaq/etc were just plain painful and never that great.

Starcraft commentary is quite good, though. Day[J] / Wheat for lower level, goofy commentary, and the casting Archon for more detailed and high-level stuff.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I personally like the Walshy - Bravo combo the best, they know their shit and don't say dumb stuff too often.

Puckett coined a phrase once that maybe made it to a shirt iirc, at least the MLG forums one time.

Now he just.doesn't.stop. Every 30 seconds its something dumb.

Some bad news: coop netcode is still awful. I wasn’t lucky enough to be chosen as host, so I was instead bestowed with a full second of input lag.

It's not really fair to say that at this point. I mean, there's hardly anyone even playing right now, and even he said in the review that it took him a long time to find a game. It really is a worst case scenario at that point.

That said: I've never really had a problem with the campaign or firefight netcode, so I take that with a grain of... sand (fuck you guys for ruining that expression).

<3

Wait, like Halo CE:A? Or Reach? This is VERY important.

I've never had an issue playing my friends in NY from out here in LA in Reach. Halo CE:A impossible. The game suffers disgusting lag.

Karl2177

Great post Karl! I agree with your points on the previous progression and ranking systems in Halo and the problems the Halo 4 ranking probably will encounter. In my opinion, another problem with the Halo 4 ranking is that there are no separate ranked playlists. Some people may see this as a positive but for me, it would be a big problem. Probably so big that I won't even bother to play the game to rank up my CSR.

Your proficiency ranking system sounds interesting. Simply said, you're proposing an individual ranking system (like Arena used to be) combined with the ranking system from Halo 3, right?
Yes and no. It's not tied to matching opponents like Halo 3 was, but it is used as a progression. Strict TrueSkill is still working in the background to do the matching. When TrueSkill loosens, this would act as a secondary factor.

Good post, Karly Rae Jepson.

Oddly enough, I'm fine with this. She's good lookin'.

kylej

Banned
saw and went into a Microsoft store for the first time when I went out to dinner tonight. was pretty impressive. was more pleasing to be in than the Apple store. There was a giant wrap around bar of monitors filled with Halo 4 stuff that was cool

Havok

Wait, like Halo CE:A? Or Reach? This is VERY important.

I've never had an issue playing my friends in NY from out here in LA in Reach. Halo CE:A impossible. The game suffers disgusting lag.
It was identical to the Reach experience. I mention one or two sentences later that I don't know if the guy was European or not, because that would certainly make it worse, but it was a pretty awful experience I was having.

I'd guess that the experience a given player gets in Reach Firefight now, whether good or bad, is probably close to what you'll experience in 4's Spartan Ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom