• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have vid?
(or just tell me what happened)

if you're familiar with NFL on FOX they have robot football players before commercial breaks. They were playing football and had a Halo-esque hud, got a touchdown and master chief celebrated. Then someone said "DONT FORGET HALO 4 COMES OUT THIS TUESDAY"

and that's about it.

One last reminder.

Time remaining: TWO HOURS

Acceptable submissions:
- Photoshops of HaloGAF photos
- Photoshops of Halo 4 screenshots
- MS Paint drawings
- Overused meme pictures

Email them to ncsuDuncan@gmail.com

Contest details at HaloGAF.com

I'm still dark (i.e. not reading GAF threads) until Tuesday night or possibly Thursday, depending on whether or not I beat Campaign before surgery. If you have anything you want posted to HaloGAF.com please email me.

If for some reason I never return, donate my GAF account to EazyB. And then ban it.

Mmmm Tempting.

Woorloog

Banned
Promethean Vision is hilarious. No situational awareness? No problem! Just see through EVERYTHING!

Doesn't help those who lack situational awareness. If you don't notice some enemy close by, how does activing the PV help? None.
Or even worse, it makes them think they can shoot through walls. With, say, a rocket. While next to the wall in question...

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
CTF on MLG is a mess. What a surprise. It completely takes one person out of the match, just diddling around the base waiting to cap. Saw a few people with power weps hesitate to pick it up, and then when they die they help the counter cap by also dropping a power wep.

nillapuddin

if you're familiar with NFL on FOX they have robot football players before commercial breaks. They were playing football and had a Halo-esque hud, got a touchdown and master chief celebrated. Then someone said "DONT FORGET HALO 4 COMES OUT THIS TUESDAY"

and that's about it.

very familiar, bummed I missed it
I allowed myself to sleep in and miss the pregame show since the falcons dont play til tonight
thanks dude

Doesn't help those who lack situational awareness. If you don't notice some enemy close by, how does activing the PV help? None.
Or even worse, it makes them think they can shoot through walls. With, say, a rocket. While next to the wall in question...
Prom vision makes it clear when it's activate who's actually in view and who's obscured by a wall or something. One comes out as a solid red silhouette, and the other a red outline.

Holy shit, the mindgames. I honestly think I'm going to have to make a second "primary" loadout that's something like:

Light Rifle
Boltshot
Plasma Grenades
Hologram
Stealth
AA Efficiency

It seems like it's one of the only things besides standalone Camo that works as a hard Promethean Vision counter. Just vomit a few holograms into the playing field and they'll be going after the solid silhouette, not you (Stealth turns you into a quiet outline).

BigShow36

CTF on MLG is a mess. What a surprise. It completely takes one person out of the match, just diddling around the base waiting to cap. Saw a few people with power weps hesitate to pick it up, and then when they die they help the counter cap by also dropping a power wep.

Totally didn't see that one coming (rolls eyes). They will obviously remove the indicator above the carriers head in future tournaments. Roy even said in his post-game interview that once they get a cap, they just play defense because it makes it really difficult for a team to run a flag with the indicator.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Every time someone joins the game the entire game stops?

Nice to see that "starting game" is still not fixed since Halo 2

Could you actually please stop trolling? It's super annoying. This is the OT for the game. People are talking about their experiences, or the game in general. You're looking around for things to say that will disrupt or negate those experiences and conversations. You may not realize you're doing it - benefit of the doubt - but you are. Go look at your post history. It's embarassing, unless you are very young, like, twelve.

There are LOADS of normal posters with legitimate concerns bringing up net negatives, or unfavorable impressions of things they don't like. They are salty, but genuine. You are not one of them.

If this was a wrestling or Brony thread you'd have been nuked from orbit days ago.

So again, please.

Woorloog

Banned
Holy shit, the mindgames. I honestly think I'm going to have to make a second "primary" loadout that's something like:

Light Rifle
Boltshot
Plasma Grenades
Hologram
Stealth
AA Efficiency

It seems like it's one of the only things besides standalone Camo that works as a hard Promethean Vision counter. Just vomit a few holograms into the playing field and they'll be going after the solid silhouette, not you (Stealth turns you into a quiet outline).

I like this. But i'd use automatic weapon instead of the LR for this loadout, maybe. Deadlier at close range than semis, no?

heckfu

Banned
Could you actually please stop trolling? It's super annoying. This is the OT for the game. People are talking about their experiences, or the game in general. You're looking around for things to say that will disrupt or negate those experiences and conversations. You may not realize you're doing it - benefit of the doubt - but you are. Go look at your post history. It's embarassing, unless you are very young, like, twelve.

There are LOADS of normal posters with legitimate concerns bringing up net negatives, or unfavorable impressions of things they don't like. They are salty, but genuine. You are not one of them.

If this was a wrestling or Brony thread you'd have been nuked from orbit days ago.

So again, please.

WooferZ

Havok

Truly... the join in progress appears to be pretty seamless overall. At least from the streams watched.
Yeah, it definitely doesn't go to black every time, it's a pretty smooth experience. I've had a few Reach-style "three black screens in a row" matches, but they're definitely not the norm.

GhaleonEB

So again, please.

And I'm confused about his complaint.

A game yesterday:

Our party on Exile gets control of the Banshee, Gauss Hog and Scorpion in Infinity Slayer BTB. We're wreaking things, start pulling far ahead. The other team starts quitting. Soon, just one guy is left. He's doing his best, hanging in there, but it's going to be another nine minutes of misery or so for him, and a slow slog of hunting him down for us.

Then he gets a kill. A moment, later, another. And we're like, hey, he's pretty good! But he seems to be everywhere at once. So we check the score board.

And the other team is fully populated now, it's back to 8v8 from 8v1. Join in progress meant both the lone dude on the other team and our party finished up a fun game, and it happened without our realizing it was even happening.

Akai__

So again, please.

Frankie is right. I had a ton of people joining the game in progress and not a single blackscreen appeared. Halo 4 is so much fun and I can't understand his troll-attempts.

I've only played a couple of matches so far but in one it initially matched us up as 4v3, but then someone snagged the last spot shortly after the game started. No black screens yet.

BigShow36

not being able to play classic CTF in customs is so dumb

While I wish you could play classic CTF in customs, I don't mind some of the changes they made for matchmaking. I like that you get pistol, but I absolutely hate that it has huge bloom. I can even live with the no-drop and auto-pickup, but the waypoint above the head is completely asinine. I want to play and enjoy the new CTF in matchmaking, but there's just so much going against it that I can see it being much more frustrating than it needs to be.

willow ve

Frankie is right. I had a ton of people joining the game in progress and not a single blackscreen appeared. Halo 4 is so much fun and I can't understand his troll-attempts.

It seems to happen rarely (I personally have only seen it happen in some streams). I'm sure with more and more people getting the game and coming online over the next week this will virtually disappear altogether as the game figures out what hosts are best, where to add you in game, etc., for best networking experience.

Although I'm confident in thinking it can't be eliminated entirely from the game. There will be a time when the host suddenly leaves (at which point - correct me if I'm wrong here - it would have to to black screen to find a new host?). And HaloGAF playing with (and joining with) other HaloGAF people might not be the best for network accommodations. We're a fairly widely distributed group...

Nah no way. Puckett all day.

Would like to see Puckett and u4iX team up as casters - throw in Bravo or Walshy for random color commentary during breaks or low points in action.

While I wish you could play classic CTF in customs, I don't mind some of the changes they made for matchmaking. I like that you get pistol, but I absolutely hate that it has huge bloom. I can even live with the no-drop and auto-pickup, but the waypoint above the head is completely asinine. I want to play and enjoy the new CTF in matchmaking, but there's just so much going against it that I can see it being much more frustrating than it needs to be.

Frankie assured me weeks ago that the indicator over your head does not aid the casuals, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I agree that with the bloom hate, but you actually can pace the pistol to be as fast as the DMR going full speed and retain perfect accuracy with it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
And I'm confused about his complaint.

A game yesterday:

Our party on Exile gets control of the Banshee, Gauss Hog and Scorpion in Infinity Slayer BTB. We're wreaking things, start pulling far ahead. The other team starts quitting. Soon, just one guy is left. He's doing his best, hanging in there, but it's going to be another nine minutes of misery or so for him, and a slow slog of hunting him down for us.

Then he gets a kill. A moment, later, another. And we're like, hey, he's pretty good! But he seems to be everywhere at once. So we check the score board.

And the other team is fully populated now, it's back to 8v8 from 8v1. Join in progress meant both the lone dude on the other team and our party finished up a fun game, and it happened without our realizing it was even happening.

Stories like this make me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom