• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

Zwt1T.png

Oh shit when is the boom ball tourney tonight?

I'm down for that. The Grenade Launcher was a dream last night while playing some Reach.

So nice that 343 actually designed this game/gametypes around matchmaking, some actual good objective setups, King looks very nice. It always felt like Bungie never really designed the game for matchmaking.

Anyone know if MM kicks idle players?

Also, I would like it to be in the record that Ghaleon is a cruel cruel guy for sending me a Halo 4 invite last night.

S1kkZ

whats weird in spartan ops: there is zero penalty for dying. you respawn instantly, all killed enemies stay dead. if you play with others, its even easier. even when all players die, they just respawn.

you dont seem to loose points and it makes spartan ops pretty easy, even on legendary.

i dont mind it, since its perfect for a short gaming session with friends. but maybe they should offer a "hardcore" mode where you earn more xp.

Woorloog

Banned
whats weird in spartan ops: there is zero penalty for dying. you respawn instantly, all killed enemies stay dead. if you play with others, its even easier. even when all players die, they just respawn.

you dont seem to loose points and it makes spartan ops pretty easy, even on legendary.

i dont mind it, since its perfect for a short gaming session with friends. but maybe they should offer a "hardcore" mode where you earn more xp.

What? No checkpoints?

Havok

Anyone know if MM kicks idle players?
Doesn't seem like it, or at least it takes its sweet time doing so. I had a couple guys idling on the enemy team for an entire game, through the next voting lobby, and up until 30 seconds to the end of the next game.
What? No checkpoints?
No, it's like Firefight in that regard (sort of). If you have teammates, it will try to do a coop campaign style "spawn on your bro" spawn, but when everybody's dead, it just does a Firefight/MP style respawn and you keep all your progress. It tracks deaths when you hit the back button, as well.

Zoolader

Anybody have luck changing just the thumb stick pads on controllers? I was looking at buying a new controller because mine are so worn, just don't really have money to splurge on a new controller now.

Doesn't seem like it, or at least it takes its sweet time doing so. I had a couple guys idling on the enemy team for an entire game, through the next voting lobby, and up until 30 seconds to the end of the next game.

Hmm, even Reach kicks idle players out of the lobby.

That's exactly my problem with SpOps at the moment. No fail state, no penalty for anything. If you want just keep respawning with your loadout plasma grenades and cheese away or whatever you can do it. It's Bioshock all over again!

Havok

Hmm, even Reach kicks idle players out of the lobby.
I'd guess that they kept that system, then. This was a weird case, it was a guy and his guest. I may have missed one of them moving occasionally, which might have kept both of them in despite one of them idling.

Woorloog

Banned
No, it's like Firefight in that regard (sort of). If you have teammates, it will try to do a coop campaign style "spawn on your bro" spawn, but when everybody's dead, it just does a Firefight/MP style respawn and you keep all your progress. It tracks deaths when you hit the back button, as well.

nope. you die, you spawn somewhere safe (sometimes with new vehicles/weapons right next to you) and keep going.

Well, duh. That will make the solo SpOps achievement a cakewalk. Was hoping for some true challenge.

S1kkZ

That's exactly my problem with SpOps at the moment. No fail state, no penalty for anything. If you want just keep respawning with your loadout plasma grenades and cheese away or whatever you can do it. It's Bioshock all over again!

it also seems to make no difference if you play on legendary or easy, or how much you die. i always seemed to get the same amount of xp points (when playing alone).
but i could also see that some mission could get very, very frustrating with badly placed checkpoints.

Havok

It's probably worth mentioning that the Service Record keeps track of the number of Spartan Ops missions you've completed without dying or restarting, so there is some incentive to do it all in one go. I assume there will be challenges at some point to that effect.

Ramirez

UHHHHHHHHHHH...i love kiki

sJWpb.jpg

What's your prediction?

Ambush is gonna get crapped on.

Is this real life? E-(mbarrassing) Sports.

Dax never said.
FyreWulf hasn't given a time for his GBP 8v8 either. I'm thinking we should combine those.
I did. Today from 6pm - 8pm EST.
Oh shit when is the boom ball tourney tonight?

I'm down for that. The Grenade Launcher was a dream last night while playing some Reach.

I'd like to do the Boom Ball marathon, but I haven't gotten many responses. Just you three. I mean, we could do 2v2, but...

Edit:
I'm up for Boom Ball / Gib Nerfles, what time though? I'm CST.

Okay. That's four. Again, 6pm - 8pm EST. We could push it back if that suits everybody better.

willow ve

And you get a trophy, and you get a trophy, and you get a trophy, we're all getting TRRROOOPPPHIIIIESSSS.

GhaleonEB

Sticky detonator shenanigans will ensue. I had a partner plop a sticky detonator on me, and then follow me around as I tried to run into other enemies while playing Infinity Slayer. Some great things will come from that, as well as tagging your bro with a plasma grenade, then having them use thrust pack to round a corner.

Gray Man

Banned
Sticky detonator shenanigans will ensue. I had a partner plop a sticky detonator on me, and then follow me around as I tried to run into other enemies while playing Infinity Slayer. Some great things will come from that, as well as tagging your bro with a plasma grenade, then having them use thrust pack to round a corner.

Wow, sticking someone with plasma grenade, and having them thruster pack into you, could be hilarious.

GhaleonEB

I thought FF was turned off? Are vehicles exempt from that?

I think so. That's how it worked in Reach.

Definitely got a Betrayal in the Ghost, and then polished off a buddy who was fighting someone some other guys. (Dude was beasting, it was just a funny series of events.)
haah I have no idea what's wrong with me. When I play any vehicle game (Halo, GTA) I just lose all control and basically hold the stick forward and hope for the best.

I'm kind of the same way, when it gets crazy. And Infinity Slayer gets pretty crazy. I just kinda drive into the throng and hope for the best. :lol

One last reminder.

Time remaining: TWO HOURS

Acceptable submissions:
- Photoshops of HaloGAF photos
- Photoshops of Halo 4 screenshots
- MS Paint drawings
- Overused meme pictures

Email them to ncsuDuncan@gmail.com

Contest details at HaloGAF.com

I'm still dark (i.e. not reading GAF threads) until Tuesday night or possibly Thursday, depending on whether or not I beat Campaign before surgery. If you have anything you want posted to HaloGAF.com please email me.

If for some reason I never return, donate my GAF account to EazyB. And then ban it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom