• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
H4 equivalent of Reach's "Protector". Kill an enemy right before he kills a teammate.
I don't think that's it. I've seen people get "Protector" this weekend too. I'm thinking its related with some special conditions.

Yeah, jungle has those windows which are super handy, they generally have a more open base than the sunny side overall (for example, you can sit at the hallway/snipe junction and see people moving up from the lower level tunnel, where you couldn't do that on the other side because the entire structure is pretty different), which gives them a little better sightlines within their base and to see people coming. The lift seems to be a little closer to the jungle side as well, you can bounce backwards from the lift to the jungle side's sniper ledge but not to the sunny side's (though that's partially due to a fat piece of geometry in front of and above the sunny side sniper ledge). I'm not really all that surprised that one base is favored over the other, when I first saw the differences between the two halves of the match I thought it might turn into an issue for high level competition.
THANK YOU! These are all the things I noticed, lol :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the games, guys. That was a lot of fun. I'll miss the pro-pipe.

Anyway, just to clarify. I was told in the party that the spec policy has been changed so that everyone (in the US, as Over kept repeating) so that people who buy the standard edition won't have to wait for a certain period of time to be able to access certain specs. They will all be available to me at launch (after I reach the necessary level)?

Is this true?

Yes. I believe it's anyone who plays prior to November 20 gets access.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Has team doubles been confirmed? Jess just did. It will come later, not at launch.

Made my day

palmer.gif

Redford

aka Cabbie
What happened? Was it unexpected? :(

VVV

He was 27.

And his health issues were pretty serious; he still had nerve issues related to his spine due to his Klippel-Feil syndrome and because he was born with water on the brain (hydrocephalus), he had a shunt installed a few days after birth and still had one as an adult. I know he mentioned that it had never needed to be updated. He had had medical issues (priapism) that was suspected to be related to one of these that he'd posted about in the past; I suspect that it will turn out that his death will be related to one of those ongoing medical issues.

OT, why can't we have Relay in MM...

-solace isn't perfectly symmetrical-

Figures 343 made a mistake in describing Solace..

Yeah, melee bleeds through now. If I hit someone twice with the DMR and melee them, I'll kill them even though their shields aren't popped. (Numbers not exact.)

You don't have to wait for the shields to pop for a melee to kill anymore. That was the way it was in Halo 3, yeah?

I'm referring to the player getting hit with a melee and not losing all of his shield. What's up with that?

kylej

Banned
just beat Mass Effect 3. wow, phenomenal game. kinda wonky ending but still, incredible. An amazing trilogy.

I am legitimately bummed out though, I feel mentally burned. Someone get me some Paxil or something. 48 hours of gameplay where people are dying and it's the end of the world and all life as we know it is constantly on the verge of being wiped out. Started to mentally wear on me after a while. Then I come to this thread and see Gaborn died. I need sunshine and rainbows for a few days.

Fracas

#fuckonami
just beat Mass Effect 3. wow, phenomenal game. kinda wonky ending but still, incredible. An amazing trilogy.

I am legitimately bummed out though, I feel mentally burned. Someone get me some Paxil or something. 48 hours of gameplay where people are dying and it's the end of the world and all life as we know it is constantly on the verge of being wiped out. Started to mentally wear on me after a while. Then I come to this thread and see Gaborn died. I need sunshine and rainbows for a few days.

1 sleep

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

No bullshit, that game actually made me feel depressed after I beat it. So I feels ya.

m23

Great series loved it, probably my favourite new IP this gen. The universe, story, characters all just pulled me in.

God damn, one more sleep. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight...and I have work of course.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

With ya there. ME3 is fantastic save the ending. Gaborn was a legend. I need a drink.

blamite

Speaking of active rosters, I need more HaloGAFers on my friends list. I want to end up actually playing Halo 4 with people this time!

add me: blamite prime

Tunavi

Banned

To make things worse, you aren't even going to like Halo 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom