• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well that ain't right.
BlkAA.png

TommyT

Frankie, odd question: When you guys took over Halo, did it include anything movie related? I remember that Halo movie dvd floating around and being talked about that was the 'pitch' being sent to studios and it obviously had Bungie ties. Curious to know if something like that were to go around again would you guys be involved now that Halo something you're now in charge of.

I say it every time, but that movie was terrible.

Maybe you didn't get it?

When I went to film school I was a part of a breakdown of this movie. it was super interesting. over 50 hours, our lecturer got 30 minutes into it.

It's so impressive once you deconstruct it, and realize what made into it. I don't claim to understand the heavy symbolism, and I guess just referencing shit by being obscure doesn't mean anything is great, but The Fountain is F**KING Amazing.

The soundtrack, the camera, the acting. It's unpredictable, it's bold. But this movie really has it's haters. When it was first shown in Paris, people left their seats because they thought it was such a bad film. I don't get it.

It's like how people left during the first viewings of 2001 or Clockwork Orange. Movies don't have to follow the usual dramaturigical conduct as done since ancient greece.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Frankie, odd question: When you guys took over Halo, did it include anything movie related? I remember that Halo movie dvd floating around and being talked about that was the 'pitch' being sent to studios and it obviously had Bungie ties. Curious to know if something like that were to go around again would you guys be involved now that Halo something you're now in charge of.

We got everything, including some canned sardines. There is no movie currently in production or negotiation. But there's no such thing as the movie "pitch" you describe.

TommyT

We got everything, including some canned sardines. There is no movie currently in production or negotiation. But there's no such thing as the movie "pitch" you describe.

Thanks, that's what I was wanting to know :D.

edit: Sorry, I was trying to pull it from memory and best I could use to describe it was "pitch". Looking back, I see the word "companion" was used.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You know, playing h4 ... One thing bugs the hell out of me in campaign

BRs, light rifles and DMRs are sooooooo rare that they've essentially made them power weapons. 50% of the game my lead weapon has been a suppressor or storm rifle or assault rifle. Irritating as fuck. That and the BR and DMR ammo you carry is absolutely pathetic so within a minute you have no ammo and you're stuck with a suppressor or storm rifle again.

Most of the damn time I have very few options and I become forced into pop out and shoot gameplay instead of the style I am accustomed to in halo 1-3 which is run and gun.

Because of this I feel the sandbox in campaign is so screwy

Having to take out watchers and nights from a distance with those guns which barely hit anything 10 feet in front of them becomes very tiresome. There was even one point my ammo became so poorly constrained I was forced to walk around with a shotgun and a PP... In a wide open environment with banshees flying overhead

So many times I have felt so powerless with ultimately little control on the outcome but having circumstances line up to become more favorable.

And it certainly isn't helpful still that grenades are not even much consideration in the game due to their near uselessness.

Sigh

This is one game where half the time you see a needler, you pick it up. It is by far the most useful weapon in the game.

There is a lot more to complain about but I'll get into it after the game launches and I finish the game.

Where's jesse? Jesse!

You gotta get to work on that then. I'm still sad the first deal fell through, I really hope FUD being awesome may help things out.

OT but I thought why not share for those that may find this interesting to watch
Best Live Action Show Imo
--
Also I still plan on giving away 1 Armor or Armor Skin code after Midnight Release.

I'll still giveaway DEXP Codes to you nerds later this week and hopefully next :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Maybe you didn't get it?

When I went to film school I was a part of a breakdown of this movie. it was super interesting. over 50 hours, our lecturer got 30 minutes into it.

It's so impressive once you deconstruct it, and realize what made into it. I don't claim to understand the heavy symbolism, and I guess just referencing shit by being obscure doesn't mean anything is great, but The Fountain is F**KING Amazing.

The soundtrack, the camera, the acting. It's unpredictable, it's bold. But this movie really has it's haters. When it was first shown in Paris, people left their seats because they thought it was such a bad film. I don't get it.

It's like how people left during the first viewings of 2001 or Clockwork Orange. Movies don't have to follow the usual dramaturigical conduct as done since ancient greece.

They thought it was a bad film because it was a bad film. There's nothing complicated to understand. It's another convoluted multi-tiered "love" story that revolves around a central theme that "tries" way too hard and just becomes a pretentious borefest.

neoism

sorry for taking so long to post that pm Frankie... I'm serious by the way...
I apologize for the spelling errors, I'm drunk and happy!
i
guys I think the HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE just hit me!!!! been hold-ed it in....

BRs, light rifles and DMRs are sooooooo rare that they've essentially made them power weapons. 50% of the game my lead weapon has been a suppressor or storm rifle or assault rifle. Irritating as fuck. That and the BR and DMR ammo you carry is absolutely pathetic so within a minute you have no ammo and you're stuck with a suppressor or storm rifle again.

Most of the damn time I have very few options and I become forced into pop out and shoot gameplay instead of the style I am accustomed to in halo 1-3 which is run and gun.

Having to take out watchers and nights from a distance with those guns which barely hit anything 10 feet in front of them becomes very tiresome. There was even one point my ammo became so poorly constrained I was forced to walk around with a shotgun and a PP... In a wide open environment with banshees flying overhead

So many times I have felt so powerless with ultimately little control on the outcome but having circumstances line up to become more favorable.

And it certainly isn't helpful still that grenades are not even much consideration in the game due to their near uselessness.

Sigh

This is one game where half the time you see a needler, you pick it up. It is by far the most useful weapon in the game.

There is a lot more to complain about but I'll get into it after the game launches and I finish the game.

Where's jesse? Jesse!

Oh dear.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
guy I think the HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE just hit me!!!! been hold-ed it in....
Yeah, my hype is through the roof right now. I'm going to have to go to bed early and read a boring book to get through this one last sleep.

daedalius

Sigh

Where's jesse? Jesse!

Look around more, I had a precision weapon with me basically the entire game. Mostly Lightrifles... but yea, I had one.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Look around more, I had a precision weapon with me basically the entire game. Mostly Lightrifles... but yea, I had one.

I do look around, and I have been forced to backtrack sometimes quite a distance. Thing is, sometimes you CAN'T backtrack. Sometimes you need to live off what's being given to you. And most of the time, it's nothing.

malfcn

Any change the pre-orders will be included in DLC? Maps + Skins? Sort of how Gears 3 re-released everything.

I wish more games with MP components like maps could go F2P. Put the armor and skins and helmets behind cR and $ and give all the maps away for free.

daedalius

I do look around, and I have been forced to backtrack sometimes quite a distance. Thing is, sometimes you CAN'T backtrack. Sometimes you need to live off what's being given to you. And most of the time, it's nothing.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I was playing on heroic and didn't have much of an ammo issue. There were only a few times I didn't have a precision weapon.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
OMG I just changed my Gamertag.

I've had NYSTOFMIND23 since November of 04. Wow.

"Tashi" just wasn't clearing up so I went with "TashiGAF"

I'm still going to try to get "Tashi" eventually

Ryaaan14

Banned

Big mistake.

Tashiii was better.

May you live the rest of your life in regret.

TommyT

Same, I've been waiting for Tommy to become available for EVER! That account still has an original Xbox avatar.

Thought I'd see how GAF guys'n'gals are prepared for the imminent launch day of play.

Here's mine so far:

1. Brownie points for taking care of my 7 month old daughter and 3.5 year old son with high temperatures last night. Practically. Zero. Sleep.

2. LE Preorder confirmed waiting for me at EB Games midnight launch tonight.

3. Man cave set up with bar fridge stocked, snacks on hand, curtains drawn and new onza controller waiting to be opened and adapted to for Halo 4 (I didn't like any of the control schemes).

4. Work responsibilities all taken care of (barring any server hosting emergencies).

5. Horse racing bets placed for Melbourne Cup, I live in Australia and this is a huge world wide racing event. It's also the only time I gamble throughout the year (except for Vegas baby).

6. Now to just pass out for a while after the kids go to bed and hope my alarm actually wakes me up to execute this night of Halo 4 campaign epicness! It's tradition for me to play through Heroic for the story on launch day with Halo games.

Only 8 hours to go for midnight launch here! Best of luck with your launch day play through!

TommyT

Thought I'd see how GAF guys'n'gals are prepared for the imminent launch day of play.

Been putting in quality time with the fiance and helping her do things with her mom so I'll be able to play as I've been wanting:

Monday - Work until 5. After which I will make sure everything is ready
- Drinks in the fridge in my room nice and cold
- Snacks in room so I don't have to leave
- Cash withdrawn for delivery of food
- Proper comfy clothes for playing all night
- Bathroom stocked with everything needed for fast in-and-outs
- Pillow for the couch in my room in case I want to nap during the all-nighter
- Last minute audio/visual checks
- Ensure all devices are charged or have chargers available

There's a possibility of a nap before getting the game at midnight.
Tuesday 12:01 - (vacation day off of work) Acquire game, install, and play.
Wednesday - (vacation day off of work) Play.

Kind of hard to have the kind of game release hype that I had with previous halo games for halo 4 after seeing everyone else play it for several days leading up to release and no beta to try it out for myself.

My hype for Halo2 came from Halo:CE blowing my mind. My hype for Halo3 came from me hoping they'd return Halo matchmaking (and Halo2 matchmaking was pretty fun) more to Halo:CE and bring the campaign side back to its former glory. Hype for ODST and Reach have both come from hoping the game would be more like the first two Halo games. Sigh... I'm still waiting.

For Halo4, I feel more like it's a game that's been out for 6 months and I'm just now deciding to try it out. Plus, I know far more about the campaign than i ever wanted to thanks to all the discussion from the books. Wondering if I'll get the same ho-hum vibe after playing through the campaign that I did with Halo2 - Reach. I sincerely hope not, but my expectations are always way way too high. I will send naked pictures of myself to 343 if the campaign delivers.

Been putting in quality time with the fiance and helping her do things with her mom so I'll be able to play as I've been wanting:

Monday - Work until 5. After which I will make sure everything is ready
- Drinks in the fridge in my room nice and cold
- Snacks in room so I don't have to leave
- Cash withdrawn for delivery of food
- Proper comfy clothes for playing all night
- Bathroom stocked with everything needed for fast in-and-outs
- Pillow for the couch in my room in case I want to nap during the all-nighter
- Last minute audio/visual checks
- Ensure all devices are charged or have chargers available

There's a possibility of a nap before getting the game at midnight.
Tuesday 12:01 - (vacation day off of work) Acquire game, install, and play.
Wednesday - (vacation day off of work) Play.

The bold ones are pure gold mate :)

One sleep. Also new or renewed prez.

Not for me, no more sleeps! Ok I lie...
just one nap before midnight due to kids giving Daddy no sleep last night.

I will send naked pictures of myself to 343 if the campaign delivers.

Streaking a Halo event is considered better form than naked pictures PM'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom