• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's OK, really.
well hello there wink wink
haha
springbreakgif2.gif

EDIT:
That sounds like a threat, not an incentive.

...Or are you really that amazing?

http://i.imgur.com/TtWz7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Alas, I don't think I can claim that amazing status. You might ask Heckfu though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Same, I've been waiting for Tommy to become available for EVER! That account still has an original Xbox avatar.
Unfortunately for me, 'kittens' is taken and actively used.

Thought I'd see how GAF guys'n'gals are prepared for the imminent launch day of play.
  • Wake up at 6:30 AM.
  • Go downtown and put up fliers at this university I'm holding a Halo 4 LAN party at.
  • Have a conference with my mom's doctors to talk about her condition.
  • Do some grocery shopping (enough to last me a few days).
  • Clean my room.
  • Make some phone calls for this Kickstarter project I'll hopefully be telling you guys about soon.
  • Go for a bike ride to burn off some anxiousness.
  • Go to Gamestop at 10pm. Grab a number.
  • Go back to Gamestop at midnight, buy my copy of Halo 4 when my number is called.
  • Bike home as fast as fucking possible, sprint to my 360, install both Halo 4 discs, redeem my Gamestop BR code, and hop into War Games.

Got my whole Tuesday planned out, essentially.

1. Midnight release. Get game, XBL, soundtrack, and MS points.
2. Get back to dorm, play MP for a couple of hours.
3. Few hours of sleep.
4. Wake up, start campaign, then maybe more MP.
5. Last-minute studying for test.
6. Take test
7. Head back to dorm for more Halo 4.
8. Head out to get familiar with equipment for a film festival I'll be a projectionist for. This one.
9. Dinner/more Halo 4
10. Go over to friend's house to watch election results. Call it when Obama wins Ohio.
11. Watch victory/concession speeches.
12. Go home and go to bed.

Aggrotek

Hey guys, do any of you know of any reasonably cheap multiregion Blu Ray players? I have a few collector's editions I wanna pick up but a lot of them are Region 2. So when I upgrade to Blu Ray this coming holiday I want to get a player that will affirm this decision.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What's your gamertag now? I had you when you were popular revolt but I don't know what your new one is.
kittens dx

"kittens dicks" joke from Ryaaan or Karl in 3... 2... 1...

I'm going to stick with this name unless "kittens" miraculously becomes available.

Unfortunately for me, 'kittens' is taken and actively used.

• Wake up at 6:30 AM.
  • Go downtown and put up fliers at this university I'm holding a Halo 4 LAN party at.
  • Have a conference with my mom's doctors to talk about her condition.
  • Do some grocery shopping (enough to last me a few days).
  • Clean my room.
  • Make some phone calls for this Kickstarter project I'll hopefully be telling you guys about soon.
  • Go for a bike ride to burn off some anxiousness.
  • Go to Gamestop at 10pm. Grab a number.
  • Go back to Gamestop at midnight, buy my copy of Halo 4 when my number is called.
  • Bike home as fast as fucking possible, sprint to my 360, install both Halo 4 discs, redeem my Gamestop BR code, and hop into War Games.

I like how your list seems to get more urgency with every point, classic tone.

3. Few hours of sleep.
6. Take test
8. Head out to get familiar with equipment for a film festival I'll be a projectionist for. This one.
9. Dinner/more Halo 4
10. Go over to friend's house to watch election results. Call it when Obama wins Ohio.
11. Victory/concession speeches.
12. Bed.

How very responsible of you, I think my international prez vote goes to you. There's Halo 4 and you're more about school and politics, impressive.

Still can't believe I asked for Wednesday off instead of Tuesday. Oh wells.

You sure showed those fellow Halo players at your office! Fuck I'm still laughing at this one mate, so much fail it's morphed into win.

Ryaaan14

Banned
In exactly 24 hours from now, I will be waiting by the electronics register at Wal Mart wearing my Daft Punk Master Chief tshirt, with 3 other greasy nerds behind me that will most likely be high off of methamphetamine, and the one single electronics employee will quickly scan my tightly wrapped, glossy, shining copy of the Halo 4 Standard Edition. They will scan it as if it's a loaf of bread, or something to toss away. I will watch it glide across the counter as the theft device is deactivated, and is clumsily tossed into a bag.

The Wal Mart employee will quickly glance at me and flash a very brief, toothless smile, and tell me to have a good night like I just crashed into their car and we traded insurance information. I will grab the bag with my sweaty hands and speed walk past the grocery aisles, trying as hard as possible not to look like I'm counting every minute passed not playing the game I'm holding. I'll be slightly nervous crossing the threshold of the store, in fear I may set off the theft alarm, detaining me for another 45 seconds.

I will then be outside of the building, and jogging to my dirty 2011 Kia Soul. I will mash the unlock button and jump into my car. I will speed across the empty parking lot and pray for a quick green light at the intersection. I will then drive exactly 3 blocks to my apartment, swiftly activating the entrance gate, speed up to my apartment, and park in my car port. I will run full speed to my door, throw it open, and sloppily begin unwrapping the shrink wrap to my game. I will crack open the case very slowly, and absorb the fresh fumes that rise from the case. I will remove any DLC codes and ignore everything else for the time being.

I will turn on the Xbox, redeem my Oceanic skin code, and boot up the game.

17 months in the making.

One sleep.

Fucking hold me.

3. Few hours of sleep.
6. Take test
9. Dinner/more Halo 4
11. Victory/concession speeches.
12. Bed.
I get off work tomorrow morning at 8am. After that:

1. Go home, sleep for 5-6 hours.
2. Get up and check Halogaf.
3. Consider whether or not I should go preorder the game the day of release and decide whether to go Walmart or Bestbuy
4. Activate xbox live gold subscription which i intended to do way beforehand
5. May play some Reach?
6. Wait until midnight.
7. Play through campaign first. Will probably try and do it all in one run on Heroic.

Anyone know a good link to see all the different pre-order offerings based on which store you buy from?

Aggrotek

Speaking of this, if anyone from Florida didn't early vote, good luck on Tuesday. HuffPo reported three- to four-hour lines for early voting. I waited an hour and a half. There's no telling how long the wait will be on Tuesday.

I live in NC and heard lines for early voting were taking about an hour. Going in at 7am to vote on Tuesday, really hope it isn't that long.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In exactly 24 hours from now, I will be waiting by the electronics register at Wal Mart wearing my Daft Punk Master Chief tshirt, with 3 other greasy nerds behind me that will most likely be high off of methamphetamine, and the one single electronics employee will quickly scan my tightly wrapped, glossy, shining copy of the Halo 4 Standard Edition. They will scan it as if it's a loaf of bread, or something to toss away. I will watch it glide across the counter as the theft device is deactivated, and is clumsily tossed into a bag.

The Wal Mart employee will quickly glance at me and flash a very brief, toothless smile, and tell me to have a good night like I just crashed into their car and we traded insurance information. I will grab the bag with my sweaty hands and speed walk past the grocery aisles, trying as hard as possible not to look like I'm counting every minute passed not playing the game I'm holding. I'll be slightly nervous crossing the threshold of the store, in fear I may set off the theft alarm, detaining me for another 45 seconds.

I will then be outside of the building, and jogging to my dirty 2011 Kia Soul. I will mash the unlock button and jump into my car. I will speed across the empty parking lot and pray for a quick green light at the intersection. I will then drive exactly 3 blocks to my apartment, swiftly activating the entrance gate, speed up to my apartment, and park in my car port. I will run full speed to my door, throw it open, and sloppily begin unwrapping the shrink wrap to my game. I will crack open the case very slowly, and absorb the fresh fumes that rise from the case. I will remove any DLC codes and ignore everything else for the time being.

17 months in the making.

One sleep.

Fucking hold me.
NpD4f.png

<3

Enfinit

Speaking of this, if anyone from Florida didn't early vote, good luck on Tuesday. HuffPo reported three- to four-hour lines for early voting. I waited an hour and a half. There's no telling how long the wait will be on Tuesday.

Passed by early voting on Friday and the line was literally a block long. Sent in my absentee vote over a week ago!

Ryaaan14

Banned

There's a LOT more places to vote on Tuesday...

Monday-Tuesday Plans:

1. Smash my Reach disc into 1,000 pieces. There's no turning back.
2. Vote.
3. Pickup Halo 4 at whatever soulless chain store around here sells it at Midnight.
4. Play Halo 4 until I pass out.

Ken

I'm going to go to the mall at 10 AM and walk out with a bunch of eggrolls and Halo 4. Then I'll post a picture of it in the pick up thread while installing the discs. If any HaloGAF people are on and playing MP maybe I'll ask for an invite and demonstrate how terrible I am at Halo now.

Anyone know a good link to see all the different pre-order offerings based on which store you buy from?

This Waypoint sticky is quite comprehensive.

17 months in the making.

One sleep.

Fucking hold me.

So true I think we may be long lost twins.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plans for Launch:

-Not getting the game at Midnight but I might go and give away a bunch of Halo Swag. Don't know yet.
-Then I'm going to play some Halo Reach
-Cry myself to sleep
-And then I will outside my front door waiting for the UPS man to bring me Halo 4.

Is Amazon doing 1 day delivery or am I going to cry myself to sleep for a couple days?

Monday-Tuesday Plans:

1. Smash my Reach disc into 1,000 pieces. There's no turning back.
2. Vote.
3. Pickup Halo 4 at whatever soulless chain store around here sells it at Midnight.
4. Play Halo 4 until I pass out.

Bregmann WINS!!! We will put a plaque with your name on it on the wall to commemorate the occasion right next to Trounce's plaque :)

Plans for Launch:

-Not getting the game at Midnight but I might go and give away a bunch of Halo Swag. Don't know yet.
-Cry myself to sleep
-And then I will outside my front door waiting for the UPS man to bring me Halo 4.

Is Amazon doing 1 day delivery or am I going to cry myself to sleep for a couple days?

Delivery Date: November 6th, 2012 - November 9th 2012

Ken

If you have day 1 delivery on it then you'll get it day 1 unless they have "airplane malfunctions" or something.

I sent you a FR BTW, kittens. If anyone else wants to add me, my GT is Capcpom.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Plans for Launch:

-Cry myself to sleep

It will most definitely be release day delivery.

Amazon better have my game delivered on the 6th. Will go out and vote early and patiently wait for Halo 4. Once in my hands will look at Reach and toss it in a bin. That game's multiplayer will never be played again.

There's a LOT more places to vote on Tuesday...

Here's a link to the HuffPo article. Some early voting locations closed due to poor infrastructure. Essentially, Rick Scott refused to extend early voting hours. With less time to vote, the amount of voters during that time exceeded expectations. That means that the people who were turned away from voting plus the people who weren't willing to wait in line for hours -- the article reports up to nine hours in one case -- are voting on Tuesday.

Yes, there will be more locations open, but there will be quite a few people voting on Tuesday. Bring snacks.

Sorry for the politics. One more sleep 'til Halo 4.

I'm going to go to the mall at 10 AM and walk out with a bunch of eggrolls and Halo 4. Then I'll post a picture of it in the pick up thread while installing the discs. If any HaloGAF people are on and playing MP maybe I'll ask for an invite and demonstrate how terrible I am at Halo now.

Aren't you Chocopolka? The last time we played Halo together, you were murderous. There's no way you're terrible at Halo now. That kind of talent doesn't fade.

Plans for Launch:

-Cry myself to sleep

My condolences, I think I'd go postal not playing on launch day :(

On another topic does anyone think SmartGlass will include real time integration with CSR? It would give me reason to use my windows phone or iPad during games.

Sanjuro

That's why I avoided Amazon this time around. They usually deliver my release-day shipping from 5-7PM. I'd be going nuts the entire day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom