• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
As weird and abrupt as that ending was, I thought ME3 was great. Thrilling sci-fi entertainment, wrapping up years of plot threads and character arcs in a very satisfying manner, building on so many of your choices from five years ago. And there were ninja assassins, and foot chases and alien sex and you can headbutt a reporter!

I'm only a junior on here and don't want to go around adding everyone in case they only want the more well-known people, but if anyone wants to add me, feel free. Gamertag is the same as my username. FUBAR McDangles

As weird and abrupt as that ending was, I thought ME3 was great. Thrilling sci-fi entertainment, wrapping up years of plot threads and character arcs in a very satisfying manner, building on so many of your choices from five years ago. And there were ninja assassins and you can headbutt a reporter!

The only thing I didn't like about ME3's ending was that it really didn't seem to pay off. Few of your choices seemed to matter, IMO. Like letting the "last living" alien in ME1, only to find out that there was another one in ME3, that was so lame. And it feels like one had to truly try hard to screw things up at the end, unlike ME2.

Walking Dead is about to come on, if anyone on HaloGaf watches.

Just reached my online XP limit. :<

Little over two days with it and still lovin' it. It's been a long time since I've been able to have fun playing Halo without friends. Hasn't been this way since two. Also, I've got almost 100 matches played; I've come to truly despise getting dropped into games in progress. Getting put into the game near its very end only to lose is the worst. I wish we had an option to disable getting placed into active games.

Enfinit

So, the metacritic is down to an 88 due to that other shitty review. That sucks when its something like that dragging down the overall score.

That shitty review was a joke. Halo 4 will jump back up to a 90+ a week or so after launch.

Also, who gives a shit what the critics say? Although that's the more prominent score, it's the user score that really is a true reflection on the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, the metacritic is down to an 88 due to that other shitty review. That sucks when its something like that dragging down the overall score.
Wait, did someone else publish a review that is void of coherent analysis and completely missed every point?

Fuck yall' who have the game early.

I'm salty as fuck. The wait is killing me! lol

Edit: Also, that guy that gave the game a 20/100 can literally hand in his gaming journalist badge. That's just dumb.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Playing Halo while listening to the Nemesis Remix is such an amazing experience. I feel like I'm in a montage and everything I do is awesome.

TCKaos

Made my own stuffed crust pizza. Made the terrible mistake of putting too much dough in the crust and ended up with what amounted to a manly-ass cheese stick with a small bacon and pepperoni flag attached to it.

The relevant part of this is that it was completely sponsored by HYPETRAIN Enterprises.

The cool thing is that that hoodie is a Halo 2 hoodie from middle school that I can finally fit in again. I'm a sophomore in college. It's a large. In January I was in a 3XL.

Havok

Wow such bias.
Tom Chick just lives on controversy. Which is fine, I guess, if that's the image he likes to portray. Thing is, even beyond the massive, massive spoilers in there, there are a few factual errors, which I won't be getting into. He also mentions on the QT3 forums that all the Spartan Ops missions reuse levels, which is flat out untrue for most of them.

Has nothing to do with "release plan." Has everything to do with stores breaking rules.
Hey I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something :)
I'm worried about Solace. This is the second time I've seen a team get the lead and hide in the jungle-side base.
Is Solace, Swordbase's spiritual successor?

Just played Reach for the last time for the foreseeable future. Got some Boom Ball in and took some dumps on BKs in Double with Heckfu. Good shit.
The road to recovery begins now

Fuck yall' who have the game early.

I'm salty as fuck. The wait is killing me! lol

Edit: Also, that guy that gave the game a 20/100 can literally hand in his gaming journalist badge. That's just dumb.
We should be friends lol
I have like 70+ games of double xp. Imma hit the cap quick as hell.

What gives...
I have hardly any double exp lol. I forsee myself getting left behind unless I go on a Dew shopping spree before tomorrow night.

Both the Edge and Eurogamer review for Halo 4 talked about how the competitive multiplayer had been infected by elements from other shooters like COD, and thus have lost a bit of what made it special.

What does this mean? I don't like Call of Duty multiplayer, because dying is meaningless. its a never ending rag tag of fire bullets, use streaks and get kills while dying and then surviving.

In the old Halo games at least it was different, and it felt different from other games thanks to its pacing, its gravity and it was really strange how much health people had. Is this what Halo 4 has lost?

or are they refering to scoring, perks and load outs and that sort of stuff? I dont mind those things a bit.

I've just realized that I am sick of objective based games. I long for a FPS experience that is FFA or Team FFA, and just sort of... hypnotizes you. the simple, yet complex slayer.

but having not played a lot since Halo 2/3.. I mean.. even the jet packs give me a headache. what sort of thing can you expect? How far are we from a simple, game of FFA?

Is it no-scope instant sniping, of death streaks and convoluted rules and scoring systems? Im tired of Battlefield, Call of Duty, Tribes.. im tired of all these games with cluttered huds and tons of objectives. I just want the old school, kill-or-be-killed. Like we used to have in the old Quake games.

Free for All died from many shooters a long time ago. everyone doing all these sort of crazy modes.

willow ve

Just reached my online XP limit. :<

Little over two days with it and still lovin' it. It's been a long time since I've been able to have fun playing Halo without friends. Hasn't been this way since two. Also, I've got almost 100 matches played; I've come to truly despise getting dropped into games in progress. Getting put into the game near its very end only to lose is the worst. I wish we had an option to disable getting placed into active games.

Hit the XP cap again :C

How many games have you played today?

Didn't count, I know it was more than 30 though.

What??

Theres a daily cap? The fuck is this?

NO!

Also I did, I've been spacing out my play so I imagine those who want to play a lot are not going to be very happy....

I probably won't hit the cap. Ever. But this still makes no sense to me from a developer standpoint. If you want to stop boosting/cheating/gaming the system then put a limit to how fast you can earn XP, not on how much you can earn in a given day.

IE : Lock someone's XP if they're earning 20,000 in 5 minutes (they obviously found a loophole in Sparty Ops, etc.). Don't put a limit on the XP per day as that will only frustrate gamers and get them to turn your game off...

Edit - Also scale the XP limit with character progression (at the very least). Add 5% to the cap for each rank level you achieve.

Ken

I probably won't hit the cap. Ever. But this still makes no sense to me from a developer standpoint. If you want to stop boosting/cheating/gaming the system then put a limit to how fast you can earn XP, not on how much you can earn in a given day.

IE : Lock someone's XP if they're earning 20,000 in 5 minutes (they obviously found a loophole in Sparty Ops, etc.). Don't put a limit on the XP per day as that will only frustrate gamers and get them to turn your game off...

Just pretend you're in China and it all makes sense.

Aggrotek

Tom Chick just lives on controversy. Which is fine, I guess, if that's the image he likes to portray. Thing is, even beyond the massive, massive spoilers in there, there are a few factual errors, which I won't be getting into. He also mentions on the QT3 forums that all the Spartan Ops missions reuse levels, which is flat out untrue for most of them.
Hope the spoiler wasn't in the final paragraph...

TCKaos

Edit - Also scale the XP limit with character progression (at the very least). Add 5% to the cap for each rank level you achieve.

Better yet figure out how to throttle the amount of points they're getting. Instead of completely shutting down the EXP gain just start to wittle it down percentage wise. After ten games you get 90%, after 15 you get 80%, after 20 70%, and then after 25 60%.

Finished Thursday War this morning. Overall I liked it more than Glasslands. Interested in seeing how the third book plays out.

Unrelated, I'm looking for people to play H4 with later in the week. I'm on the East Coast. GT: BlueThunder850.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom