• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plans:

-Prep art shit for art classes at 5:30
-Get to the college two hours early to submit my schedule for next semester (I'm a collegiate senior so it works differently for us)
-Spend remaining ~hour and a half or so doing a graphite texture study
-Art history, 2D design, working on three research papers a little bit, drawing class
-Spend a few hours with a lady friend of mine on campus
-work out
-nab season pass from gamestop because I have a $13 credit
-Go home for an hour or two, relax, get caffeine
-Pick up Halo 4 from Walmart that's about ten minutes away
-Try and run through Campaign on normal or heroic
-Art history and English classes in the morning
-Work out AGAIN ugh
-Go home, shower, settle in, play Halo 4 until my eyes bleed

GhaleonEB

Wait, don't you already have it?

No. I was fortunate enough to play for a while this weekend, some of which was on Live using my own gamertag, so I've progressed a bit, SR-8 currently.

Playing it for two days and then not playing for two days has been difficult.

No. I was fortunate enough to play for a while this weekend, some of which was on Live using my own gamertag, so I've progressed a bit, SR-8 currently.

Playing it for two days and then not playing for two days has been difficult.

Withdrawal will subside with the next hit of official Halo 4 release :). Until then enjoy your cold sweats and itching trigger fingers.

1. Stay up late swapping manly stories
2. In the morning, I'm making waffles.
3. Waste the day away
4. Sit in line
5. Grab Halo 4
6. Play forever

Kibbles

I'm still catching the midnight release tomorrow. I haven't got much sleep these past couple days and I had work at 6 in the morning today, only got maybe an hour of sleep last night, somehow I'm still awake, but I feel like when I go to bed it'll be a deep hibernation, lol. Should be ready to go for midnight tomorrow, still want in on the excitement, will go with friends and pickup my limited edition and get a new XBL mic as my current one is a POS

Enfinit

tumblr_m55j17PLTI1qh2fy2o1_1338911934_cover.png

nillapuddin

specifically referring to the last 30 minutes of them hunting to get girls to call into the skype account and asking everyone to get their mom/girlfriend/sister on webcam...

hootin and hollerin, etc

these are grown men acting ridiculous about "girls on the internet"

specifically referring to the last 30 minutes of them hunting to get girls to call into the skype account and asking everyone to get their mom/girlfriend/sister on webcam...

hootin and hollerin, etc

these are grown men acting ridiculous about "girls on the internet"

That entire stream has been a joke. Nothing but people who are bad at Halo and/or life.

'cause everyone is posting their plans here is mine:
Monday:
1) Survive the boredom
Tuesday:
1) Wake up at 8:00AM or 9:00AM, Halo 4 should be delivered by Amazon.co.uk already.
2) Go to the gym to do my workout
3) Come back home, wait for the Halo 4 console to arrive
4) Start playing Halo 4 campaign on Heroic
5) Finish Halo 4 campaign
6) Play Spartan Ops first 5 mission
7) Rest of the day: Wargames.

My plan for Monday/Tuesday:

1) Go to work super early -- 7 a.m. Finish work by 1 p.m. Like a boss. Train new guy 'til 4 p.m.
2) Take a nap. Wake up at 7 p.m. Pound an energy drink.
3) Drive an hour and a half to hometown GameStop. Wait in line with high school friends. Punch people who blurt spoilers. Run away. Go to another GameStop.
4) Get the game. Pound another Monster. Then drink an energy drink. Drive home. Start playing at 2:30 a.m.
5) Try to finish Campaign before school at 11 a.m.
6) Nod appropriately during class. Go home. Nap for two hours.
7) Wake up. Finish leftover Campaign. Hop into War Games.
8) Play until my eyes bleed.
Nice. But I like your eyes. :(

Kevin Franklin is now definately interested in the MLG thing it seems.
Who said he wasn't interested in before?

Omni

Halo 4 has dropped to an 87 on Metacritic. Pack your bags 343, it's all over. A 2/10, and a 5.5/10 review. This game must be broken garbage.

That actually kinda annoys me a lot. Why don't some websites do proper reviews instead of fishing for page hits? It's ridiculous. 2/10 is an absolute joke.

sp3000

That actually kinda annoys me a lot. Why don't some websites do proper reviews instead of fishing for page hits? It's ridiculous. 2/10 is an absolute joke.

Maybe, but 10/10 is a joke as well. The IGN review reads like a paid advertisement.

I think metacritic should just filter out the extremes and give a median score

GhaleonEB

Maybe, but 10/10 is a joke as well. The IGN review reads like a paid advertisement.

I like the Rotten Tomatoes approach. Include everyone in the aggregate rating. And add a filter for "top reviewer" from mainstream or otherwise respected publications.

10/10 is not a joke, as it seldom denotes a perfect game. In the context of outlets such as Edge, which use the number to denote a new high watermark, rather than perfection, there's nothing wrong with awarding something from the top end of their spectrum.

Trey

wake up and turn my swag on
school
workout
work
pick up the game
play the game non stop
sleep as long as necessary
re-swag
vote
play the game for the rest of tues night.

Or the IGN reviewer was just a Halo fan and enjoys the fact that a new studio made a game that feels like Halo.
That is not a bad thing to the majority of people interested in purchasing the game.
Apparently, a game that feels like Halo might be a 5.5 to some.

Not every action game has to be extremely linear and filled with cinematic events every few minutes.
Just because Halo has a different pace and style, doesn't warrant a low score.

I like the Rotten Tomatoes approach. Include everyone in the aggregate rating. And add a filter for "top reviewer" from mainstream or otherwise respected publications.
I agree completely.

Stuff like this really shouldn't matter, but its a joke that a few shitty reviews can have such an effect.
It's less a fault of the individual reviews and entirely the fault of placing any importance on the overall aggregate imo. Metacritic is a good one stop spot to look for the reviews, but like any review itself it's more about the content therein rather than simply looking at the number. Which isn't to say I'm absolving individual reviews of being poorly done either. :p

Trey

Just because Halo has a different pace and style, doesn't warrant a low score.

Yes it does if it's in their opinion. That is all a reviewer does: give their opinion. None of those dudes are any more qualified than any of us to give their opinion on games.

A evidenced by the fact that the two low scores are basically from "some dude's blog." Shit, let it ride, no filtering. Metacritic is given undue weight, and it's not each respective reviewers' responsibility to adjust their scores accordingly.

Ramirez

Halo 4 has dropped to an 87 on Metacritic. Pack your bags 343, it's all over. A 2/10, and a 5.5/10 review. This game must be broken garbage.

lol, where are those from?

Reminds me of all of those 4 & 5s RE6 was getting. The game had problems, but it wasn't a freaking 4 or 5 out of 10 game.

nillapuddin

Quarter to Three 2/10 said:
A shiny old dog without any new tricks. I got more out of the Halo 1 remake, which at least had the appeal of nostalgia. Playing through an updated version of the original Halo was at times tired or tedious. But it was also a reminder of the raw genius that launched the series. There is none of that in Halo 4, which is a drawn-out retread without any fresh perspective or energy, and furthermore missing a lot of what I need to pull me through a Halo game. Halo 4 demonstrates that if there's one thing worse than more of the same, it's less of the same.

BigPond GameArena 5.5/10 said:
The combat overall leaves much to be desired. Halo is so rigid in its linearity that the player is forced to learn gunfight sequences by rote - remember where the snipers are, make sure you find the Watcher quickly to put him down, memorise where extra ammo is.

EGM 7/10 said:
It's been an impressive run, but after a decade of the same basic experience, I can't escape the feeling that Halo needs to try a bit harder. Fans of the game will have a blast here, and the multiplayer is something special, but if you expected Halo 4 to keep up with the Joneses, you might be disappointed.

"modern gaming" = call of duty

"modern gaming journalism" = sucks fucking ballsack

edit:
their other reviews for reference

http://www.metacritic.com/publicati...games&num_items=100&sort_options=critic_score

http://www.metacritic.com/publicati...um_items=100&sort_options=critic_score&page=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom