• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got an order confirmation e-mail from Newegg a couple hours ago so Halo 4 360 console. But I had canceled that order when I made it over a month ago. And when I search for the order on their site using the order number in the e-mail, the site tells me it doesn't exist.

Weird.

Either cached data or poor database update/delete cascade rules.

Nirvana

Another 5.5/10 review.

Christ. He literally says that the biggest thing wrong about the game is that's it's Halo. They really do let anyone write these things, eh

"the relationship between MC and Cortana plays a huge role in Halo 4, though I personally don't understand why. "

I nearly stopped here.

These reviews all seem to criticise the game in the same contradictory way. They praise it for being Halo, while also praising it for not being Halo and they criticise it for being and not being Halo as well.

I'm still wondering where all of these reviewers that are bashing Halo 4 for 'more of the same' were when MW3 came out; is it possible that the bottomless pockets of Microsoft aren't quite as far reaching as Activision's?

Was going to go to the midnight launch, but decided against it

I made the same decision. Hopefully I can stay away from the interwebz until I get it tomorrow.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Already got a sizable line here even though its only Ballarat.

Just sitting in the carpark blasting metallica at near 1600watts waiting until its closer to midnight.

Nirvana

Wow, Quarter to Three gave it a 20/100? I think when the score gets THAT low, someone is trying to make a name for themself rather than actually reviewing it legitimately.

Not to mention he chastises the game for being more of the same when he gave Borderlands 2 a 90; for the record, I enjoyed Borderlands 2, but nobody can say it wasn't just basically the same game with a few tweaks.

I think regardless of all the reviews, IGN is the big one and they scored ludicrously high over there.

m23

All you lucky bastards and your days off. My plan, which really sucks:

Go to work 9-5.
Go straight downtown, hang out with friends and enjoy launch event.
Pick up the game at midnight.
Get home around 1am and play a bit.
Go to sleep as I have work and have to wake up 6:30
Work 9-5
Repeat

:(

Tuesday is going to go like this for me:

1. Wake up early and go vote
  2. Work
  3. Pick up Halo 4 during Lunch
  4. Go back to work and not be able to concentrate
  5. Go home and play MP

Nirvana

Funny you say that because we all know if CoD was rated higher there would be endless comments on how you can't spell ignorant without IGN...

I'm not saying I like and trust IGN, I'm just saying that if I'm 343 that despite the bad reviews here and there, a good score from IGN is a big win.

Wake up early and go vote for Obama
Skip Work
Pick up Halo 4
Fap
Play Campaign
Fap
Play MP
Fap
More MP

I just made your day a whole lot better

Stupid Media Markt. Yesterday, the guy told me: ''Yeah, the game releases on Monday'' to which I replied: ''Okay, than I'll pick it up tomorrow!'' ''Sure'' he said. So today, I go to the store and now, another guy says ''No, the game comes out tomorrow!''

IHaveIce

Banned
Stupid Media Markt. Yesterday, the guy told me: ''Yeah, the game releases on Monday'' to which I replied: ''Okay, than I'll pick it up tomorrow!'' ''Sure'' he said. So today, I go to the store and now, another guy says ''No, the game comes out tomorrow!''

Lol, Media Markt is always stupid.

Yeah my order didn't arrive today, and it seems it won't come tommorrow either because of problems with the post here.

I will go to a midnight launch here in hamburg and pick a copy up

Ramirez

Dunno. It also says I placed the order last night at 2 AM when I was sleeping. And there's been no charge to my debit card.

EA sent me a copy of MOH a couple years ago, I had cancelled the order about 7 months prior to it coming out. I called customer service and was basically told it was an error on their part and to keep the game. I would have been excited, but it was MOH.

Maybe you got lucky.

Blueblur1

EA sent me a copy of MOH a couple years ago, I had cancelled the order about 7 months prior to it coming out. I called customer service and was basically told it was an error on their part and to keep the game. I would have been excited, but it was MOH.

Maybe you got lucky.

:lol

Well, we'll see I guess.

TheOddOne

jnDcVTKCjsyd.jpg

My state right now:

tumblr_mc06zbqJdb1qbo0x5o1_500.gif

Conor 419

Banned
Despite reassurance from shopto that this game was being delivered to the right address, they went ahead and delivered it to the wrong address anyway.

Absolute.
Fucking.
Disaster.

So when 343 kept releasing more and more details about Halo 4 regarding things like perks and CTF changes, I was like
1349600153150.gif

and
HjNMr.gif

now that the release day is upon us I still have largely conflicting emotions about the game, but part of me is like, "whatever, I just wanna play some non-Reach Halo." 343 is giving me that opportunity. So thank you, 343. You get one of these from me this morning and it's a very rare thing, indeed.

citizenkaneclapping.gif

tonight when I finally start playing the game, I have a good feeling I'll be doing this
tumblr_m9crleHh6a1rb5e48o2_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom