• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about other pages but Xbox IE's facebook page has been sharing some Evil Awakens pics from none other than Shadder's site. They link to the blog and everything. Thought it was cool to see.
I think the same person manages both the Xbox UK & Xbox IE Facebook pages, as a I follow both, and they post 90% of the same stuff at the same time.
The 10% being anything that applies to one but not the other.

willow ve

Is it better re-activate my gold subscription online or to get a subscription card from say walmart or bestbuy?

I say buy a card, it is usually cheaper.

Only if there's an offer on your dash for 2$ for 2 months or something, otherwise, you're better off with the in store card

Don't they have a 1 month for $6 at the moment on the dash?

Almost always better to use a card from a retailer - Ebay usually has deals as well. It also helps you avoid the headache of having a credit card number associated with your Live account. 12 month cards usually dip down as low as $35 and can be found for ~$40 routinely.

I think the same person manages both the Xbox UK & Xbox IE Facebook pages, as a I follow both, and they post 90% of the same stuff at the same time.
The 10% being anything that applies to one but not the other.

Have you seen what Gamestop Ireland posted earlier? Lemme go screencap it.

Is the "Search Gamertag" option not coming up with results for anybody else? I don't know the password for my damn MSN Passport e-mail account, so searching gamertag is the only way I can find my service record

TheOddOne

Halo Waypoint app on Xbox looks great.

Classified section: You can unlock the Raider armor by playing the Spartan Ops missions. Really cool idea!

Project

Finally caught up with a buttload of pages. Had a terrible linear algebra exam this morning, but many brighter things on the horizon (Halo 4 midnight release).

I watched MLG last night and thought it was awesome, totally brought me back to that nostalgic H3 excitement. The final push by Warriors on Solace was incredible.

Also, did anyone watch Walking Dead last night?? Crazy shit..

GhaleonEB

Might be taking a Halo 4 break in December. It's been a long, long time since two games will have held my interest as strongly at the same time; the Skyrim Dragonborn trailer gave me freaking chills between the music, the Dragon Priests, and that thing you can do.

willow ve

This day is going by so slowly... At least my new phone should arrive soon and help ease the pain... (Finally able to get the new Xbox Smartglass app).

Might be taking a Halo 4 break in December. It's been a long, long time since two games will have held my interest as strongly at the same time; the Skyrim Dragonborn trailer gave me freaking chills between the music, the Dragon Priests, and that thing you can do.

Thanks for sharing this. Will watch now.

EDIT: Holy Cow! This add-on looks so good. And the music!

I think I'm with you in that I am going to take a break in December to play this.

GhaleonEB

Not participating in the league?

I think it's 2v2 right now? Not my forte. As it expands I may join up. I won't be turning heavily to War Games until I'm through Campaign and Spartan Ops first couple weeks anyways. Plus the launch playlists don't cater to what I want to play. Hoping that changes soon, though.

Has anyone watched the first SpOps cinematic on waypoint yet? If you wanna be totally unspoiled for campaign, I wouldn't recommend watching it.

It is pretty good though!

Amazon release day delivery (amazon prime 2-day) has never failed me before, but it is the day before release and it still says, "Not yet shipped."

Not even, "Shipping soon."

00MarkItZero.gifg

MARK IT SHIPPED.

JHall

After watching the MLG tournament this past weekend, I'm impressed with the game. But there is a few things I'd like to see changed.

1. Sprint didn't seem as bad as it was in Reach I still don't like it, but the stopping power did its job.
2. Jetpack is still overpowered and has no place in Halo. I really hope the 343i team watched as it was was constantly abused to break map control and flow.
3. Ordinance drops don't have a place in competitive Halo, I'm fine with them in matchmaking however.
4. Instant respawn needs to go.
5. Strafing still seems to follow the Halo 3/Reach pattern of not being very effective, which I'm very disappointed in.

There are a few minor things, but since I'm on my phone I'll refrain from typing them.

I'm excited to play the campaign tonight!

willow ve

Amazon release day delivery (amazon prime 2-day) has never failed me before, but it is the day before release and it still says, "Not yet shipped."

Not even, "Shipping soon."

MARK IT SHIPPED.

My standard edition just got switched to "Shipping Soon" and it will most likely be delivered less than 24 hours from now (UPS usually gets to my house around 11:30). I'm nervous as well, but they haven't failed me yet with release day shipping (although this might be their biggest release title yet...)

I would have just bought a local copy, but I had around $45 of Amazon credit...

Arnie

Woke this morning to an email from them saying there was a problem with my card, I checked, there wasn't, all details correct and bank balance healthy. Re-entered my details and then, after having the LE ordered since September on release day delivery, they say estimated delivery as the 8th. Fuck that. Cancelled and ordered the standard from Shopto, with free first class shipping, and it's been in transmit since this morning.

Sorry 343, wanted the LE, Amazon fucked me over.

How good is it? Rate it in sexy thong scale.

So far, in terms of sci-fi atmosphere, it's the best I've seen. Note, I haven't played much ME.

In terms of gameplay, it's Halo polished to the max.

In terms of graphics, the best I've seen this gen.

In terms of sound, second only to BF in its design. But, as it encompasses a different setting, there is nothing like it, The music is also fantastic.

On the thong scale, I would rate it Cisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom