• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Uhhhh images in Moa's post may contain spoilers.

also: does the vinyl really only have 4 remixes? that is damn disappointing. Seriously. That is just...man.

:(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wu was too busy making his list and checking it twice. He wasn't really "focused" on Halo.

<3 Wu
So, you think an actual first time Normal run will go by even faster for the average player?

I don't really care, honestly, I'm just curious. I love Halo campaigns, but I'm not particularly picky about their length. I remember a lot of people saying ODST was too short, and it felt fine to me.

Moa

Uhhhh images in Moa's post may contain spoilers.

also: does the vinyl really only have 4 remixes? that is damn disappointing. Seriously. That is just...man.

:(

Didn't even notice that, haven't got a record player to test it, but looking at the front and back, yup.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So, you think an actual first time Normal run will go by even faster for the average player?

I don't really care, honestly, I'm just curious. I love Halo campaigns, but I'm not particularly picky about their length. I remember a lot of people saying ODST was too short, and it felt fine to me.

I think I got through it in about 7 hours. Seems about the same for my first Reach playthrough on Heroic. I'm not a campaign guy though so I don't play them over much but I've really loved all the Halo campaigns. Don't know how "good" I am at them.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I think I got through it in about 7 hours. Seems about the same for my first Reach playthrough on Heroic. I'm not a campaign guy though so I don't play them over much but I've really loved all the Halo campaigns. Don't know how "good" I am at them.

Tashi: Matchmaking King, Campaign Scrub.

:p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Slight spoilers, you fuckin kidding me Moa? There is a reason they chose not to release this until the 6th. That slight spoiler is a potential huge revelation. Don't watch this people.

Hmm, I looked through them all and didn't see one. Looked quick though, must have missed it.

heckfu

Banned
Slight spoilers, you fuckin kidding me Moa? There is a reason they chose not to release this until the 6th. That slight spoiler is a potential huge revelation. Don't watch this people.
He could redeem himself if he had some sort of animated picture of frank.

Or a list of 60 things he needs before buying the game.

Moa

Edited the post to remove the word slight.

Curious, is the huge spoiler
the logo on one of the three discs?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Oh, hmm, didn't know that was a spoiler. I don't quite know what that is, but from reading Cryptum I have a guess. Not that big of a spoiler being in Cryptum and all.

Moa

Yes Moa, that would be it... Aren't you a Waypoint member or some shit? You should know that images implications.

Hey, just because I'm on Waypoint doesn't mean I know all about the fiction.

Campaign spoilers below...
The terminals from Halo: Anniversary were a dead giveaway though.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hey, just because I'm on Waypoint doesn't mean I know all about the fiction.

Campaign spoilers below...
The terminals from Halo: Anniversary were a dead giveaway though.

Lets not start spoiler discussion in here please.

It's too close now.

Abdozer

Has it been confirmed that Theater will need a HDD to watch clips again? I remember both H3 and Reach not working with USB flash drives for Theater.

Tunavi

Banned
playtests are BK bonanzas full of people playing on those maps for the first time and waving around ARs. wouldn't put too much weight on those death locations
but the sword base deathmap is so compact because bad players camp with the shotgun room

but the sword base deathmap is so compact because bad players camp with the shotgun room

longbow-ctf-trans.png
adrift_slayertrans.png

EpoH0.jpg

Also, the maps that they show are symmetric, as opposed to Sword Bases highly asymmetric design. (Not defending sword base, btw).

What speaks well for those maps, is even though they are symmetric, they are reasonably diffused.

Irrelevant. People naturally want to run around and explore the maps in playtests, hence people dying all over the place. Map flow and death choke points have nothing to do with asshats on XBL.

Then again all the spawns in Halo 4 are random like COD so maybe it will be all over the place.
People naturally want to run around and explore the maps in their first games of matchmaking too, and playtest data takes that initial exploration into effect.

I'd also argue that people who have learned all the exploits that a map, power weapon locations, and maybe even certain loadout combinations provide can greatly affect map flow/choke points. A lot of this data can truly only come from the massive amounts of play time registered over matchmaking/xbl, which is the global version of Mos Eisley.

Moa

I'm not caught up yet, but what did he do? In the quote block above, I see both a spoiler warning and links to images, not direct image embeds.

When I originally linked the images, they were spoilerific, no warnings, hadn't even thought about it at all, added spoiler warnings now.

TheOddOne

I’m not too bothered by the campaign length, because usually my playthrough time is often longer then GAF’s. Dishonored took me like 20 hours, but it GAF said it was 6 to 7 hours long. Halo 3 took me around 15 hours on Heroic (take in account deaths and so on).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Isn't that image only a spoiler to someone who had read all the books? I'd bet most of the people have no idea what it even is. Still, here in HaloGaf it's a spoiler. I don't think Moa meant anything by it.

Isn't that image only a spoiler to someone who had read all the books? I'd bet most of the people have no idea what it even is. Still, here in HaloGaf it's a spoiler. I don't think Moa meant anything by it.
It was hardly intentional, no one (hopefully) thinks that. It was reckless.
I'd explain how it was a significant spoiler for me personally, but I'd be in danger of spoiling others.

Anyway. Lets move on. Just give me the goddamn game now. I've had enough of being spoiled :(.

Team Snipers on Abandon

There are no comments on the video, but I would still stay away from that section just in case some pop up from now.

Dayum that assassination at 2:00 was sweeeet. Loving the gameplay so far. Some really cool jumps.

The only thing I am worried about at the moment is how quickly players can traverse the map. Maybe once I get my hands it'll fall into place a bit better.

Snipers is seemingly just Slayer Pro with Sniper/Pistol starts and drops containing Beam rifles, Snipers and more grenades.

Are you sure? A friend of mine is using the 4GB Xbox with a USB flash drive and he can't access Theater in Reach.

I could have sworn... *puts on detective pants*

EDIT: Whoops! Apparently just just made it so you didn't need a HDD to play Co-op campaign and Firefight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom