• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished it (on Normal), with a lot of breaks, in about 8 hours. A GOOD player could shave a couple of hours off that, easy (the first time through).

There'll be 2-hour speedruns in a year or so.

I'm curious how long it'll take me on Heroic. I'm guessing considerably longer. ;)

What do you recommend in terms of first run for a person on here, heroic or normal?

Louis Wu

What do you recommend in terms of first run for a person on here, heroic or normal?
I knew I had to finish it in one run-through. I took Frank's advice and played on Normal - I'm glad I did.

If I were playing for the first time at home, I'd probably go with Heroic... and take my time. (You can always drop down - or move up - if it's too hard, or too easy.) On my own time, I'd spread it out over a couple (or a few!) days, and wouldn't mind the extra difficulty.

Probably not the answer you were looking for. Sorry. :(

Canadians, Futureshop has the regular version of Halo 4 for $39.99 and the coupon code expires tonight.

http://www.gametactics.com/2012/10/halo-39-99-plus-taxes-super-hot-deal-for-canadians/

They removed the in combat, under attack, and killed indicators from team waypoints?
That's disappointing. Those were very useful for supporting your team, especially when playing with people that do not talk. Of course, then there was this scenario:

My teammate's waypoint turns yellow. I ask, "How many guys are you fighting?"

"None."

"So you're just firing your gun at nothing."

"Yep."

"Great."

On my own time, I'd spread it out over a couple (or a few!) days, and wouldn't mind the extra difficulty.
Heh, the opposite of what I want to do, but what I'll likely end up doing.

Has the difficulty description text changed then?
No more "The way it's meant to be played."?

Extraction on Complex

This might be interesting to those wanting further clarification on extraction.

Again there are no spoilers in the comments because there are no comments, he also has a few MP only videos on his channel, pretty good.
I'm just not seeing how this is supposed to be a better objective gametype than something like Assault. I guess it's kind of like Territories, where you have to hold down a spot until it's locked/whisked away. Seems like there's only one disco ball gun per team, is that right?

Certainly doesn't seem better than 3-Plots.

neoism

It won't let me load the video for some reason. When I open the link it's in mobile format.

(i'm on a desktop)

edit: nvm I got it to work.

Yea, I just noticed that. D'oh.

just copy the Abandon Snipes and use goggle.... shitty quality video that guys plays weird too....

I knew I had to finish it in one run-through. I took Frank's advice and played on Normal - I'm glad I did.

If I were playing for the first time at home, I'd probably go with Heroic... and take my time. (You can always drop down - or move up - if it's too hard, or too easy.) On my own time, I'd spread it out over a couple (or a few!) days, and wouldn't mind the extra difficulty.

Probably not the answer you were looking for. Sorry. :(

No that answer is great, I will have to decide between a more challenging initial campaign run or a quicker campaign run and more multiplayer time is all. :p

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm just not seeing how this is supposed to be a better objective gametype than something like Assault. I guess it's kind of like Territories, where you have to hold down a spot until it's locked/whisked away. Seems like there's only one disco ball gun per team, is that right?

Certainly doesn't seem better than 3-Plots.

Once you "get" the reinforcement aspect, it makes defending a base do-able for a single person, which really, really changes the feel. Like, it doesn't suck to be stuck ina base holding it yourself, it's actually challenging and not as chaotic as territories can be.

Tunavi

Banned
Once you "get" the reinforcement aspect, it makes defending a base do-able for a single person, which really, really changes the feel. Like, it doesn't suck to be stuck ina base holding it yourself, it's actually challenging and not as chaotic as territories can be.
Why didn't anyone mention campaign theater being cut?

Bases in Extraction?

shaddup, Tunavi.

This is actually good news, as I hang back and play defense a lot in objective games. Nice to know that I could potentially defend an area solo, as is the case a LOT.

Bases in Extraction?
I guess the boxes are considered "bases" to defend.

neoism

Extraction on Complex

Again there are no spoilers in the comments because there are no comments, he also has a few MP only videos on his channel, pretty good.

looks fun but damn the the sprint sway sucks donkey balls... doesn't flow like Reach did at all... when turning is looks weird like he's sprinting sideways....

BigShow36

...except that the second shot was wide-right by a huge margin. Someone screenshot that.

This is a sequential screencap of the "kill."
Wat-1.jpg

You can see when the shot is fired because the reticle blooms.

Blueblur1

They removed the in combat, under attack, and killed indicators from team waypoints?
Wow, why do they remove all the small details that we've been used to for years? Hasn't 343's approach been to simplify UI elements and such? Why would you remove helpful cues? This along with the simplified combat dialog confuse the fuck out of me. No player cues, simplified the combat dialog to the point where its useless but they still display in all caps that YOU HAVE THE FLAG. What the hell?

Team Snipers on Abandon

There are no comments on the video, but I would still stay away from that section just in case some pop up from now.

I admit, I haven't been following the development of Halo 4 as much as I should be, so this may not be a surprise to some people, but did they remove the secondary weapon icon from the HUD? That was an incredibly useful feature and I'm baffled by its exclusion. Has there been any reason given for this change?

orznge

Banned
Wow, why do they remove all the small details that we've been used to for years? Hasn't 343 approach been to simplify UI elements and such? Why would you remove helpful cues? This along with the simplifie combat dialog confuse the fuck out of me. No player cues, simplified combat dialog but they still display in all caps that YOU HAVE THE FLAG. What the hell?

It's simpler because there's less information.

broony

You don't need Frankie for this one.

No and probably not.

I wasn't trying to be awkward about it. It was a genuine question. Did someone confirm it or is it just based on leakers / early copies? I'm just vainly hoping what seems to be true isn't the case.

So, I think people were jumping on Moa too hard this time.. If I would have got the boxset I would have never recognized that as a spoiler.. it was just a disc image. Now after everyone freaked out over it I think I have had something spoiled since my brain tried to fill in the blanks. Needless to say, the way he 'spoiled' something was fairly subtle and innocent, at least from what I can see.

I did an unboxing video of the Limited Edition Soundtrack. Go easy on me, it's my first time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv5oAtoW-68

Hah, that looks like a nice set.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
QMZr6.gif

Thats an amazing gif.

Team Snipers on Abandon

There are no comments on the video, but I would still stay away from that section just in case some pop up from now.

+

Extraction on Complex

+

Cool, looks like I have some fun things to watch.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I admit, I haven't been following the development of Halo 4 as much as I should be, so this may not be a surprise to some people, but did they remove the secondary weapon icon from the HUD? That was an incredibly useful feature and I'm baffled by its exclusion. Has there been any reason given for this change?

Because lots of dumb players in play test never noticed it

(Ie they're making the game for people who abandon it in a week and not for the people who play it for years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom