• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no shit. They have to recap what's happened thus far for the general audience to know and promote.

i expected more gameplay, which will probably happen this weekend based off of what ellis said.

also surpised walking dead won GOTY, would have picked journey or dishonored.

Omni

This?
wPIOg.jpg

You guys are on drugs. That's clearly a scarab.

The "head" on that thing (ot front, whatever) looks like the redesigned Flood head that we see in matchmaking. Wouldn't surprise me if it were

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reusing the same CG from previous episode with no gameplay = BADASS?

Kill me now.

i expected more gameplay, which will probably happen this weekend based off of what ellis said.

also surpised walking dead won GOTY, would have picked journey or dishonored.
Why would you guys expect gameplay? If anything, there were flashes at locals, but gameplay? No thanks. I know what encounters with Prometheans and Covenant and the MP maps we have look like. I don't need to see a dude jumping and missing all his DMR shots trying to pop a grunt.

Vire

Scarab looks neat.

Anything is an improvement over the first half of Spartan Ops, so hopefully it's all uphill from here.

ie: Not same shit recycled repeatedly.

DeadNames

Banned
People actually believe that our new IS works just fine in a competitive environment, and will defend jetpack/pv/AC.

And that having classic settings is overrated.

SMH.

Karl2177

If anyone wants to test my map tomorrow let me know. I have a version with static weapon spawns and a version with ordnance. Also figured we could play some no sprint, no instant settings.

DeadNames

Banned
Speaking of classic settings, anyone have the no sprint-no instaspawn Halo 2-esque gametype? I'd like to give it a try!

Noricart

If anyone wants to test my map tomorrow let me know. I have a version with static weapon spawns and a version with ordnance. Also figured we could play some no sprint, no instant settings.
I will!
Speaking of classic settings, anyone have the no sprint-no instaspawn Halo 2-esque gametype? I'd like to give it a try!
Second!

Aww man that trailer was disappointing. Nothing intresting in the rest of show either. (besides GAF having orgasm over Dark Souls 2.) Keighley knows how to hype.
Suck a lazy hackneyed job. It's practically indicative of the content. But I'll reserve some judgement for January 21st.

Shatter and Wreckage are each going to be implemented only 2 matchmaking playlists.

Seems like map pack that really helps matchmaking...

jenn taylor didn't win for cortana's voice acting :/

(haven't played walking dead so maybe the girl who won is better)

Clementine was awesome in The Walking Dead, but I agree that she should have won for Cortana.. such a good performance.

reTHr.jpg

44% for Brand New Environments

+

Yup.

Urk plays bass for Linkin Park?

:lol

This?
wPIOg.jpg

You guys are on drugs. That's clearly a scarab.

Why didn't we fight one of these? Holy crap it looks crazy.. and why isn't that thing part of the wreckage on Wreckage? It would help that map look a lot more interesting IMO.

Karl2177

I have a survey in this post so that way lurkers aren't filling it out immediately. I'd like to gain a broader idea of what people think of Halo 4 as a whole.

If you'd fill it out, it would be appreciated. Your usernames are optional, but I placed it in there if you wanted me to know your specific feedback.

Just doesn't make any sense.

How do you not take into account how the maps will fit into matchmaking when making DLC maps?
Yeah I don't know. Perhaps we'll see some maps designed specifically for rotating playlists only. Then we won't even see them at times :p Seems to be the logic.

I do think there was big focus on making BTB a more popular playlist for halo 4. So maps were likely prioritized with that in mind. However, 4v4 and 5v5 games have always been Halo's bread and butter, at least population-wise. So nothing makes much sense right now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't think the SpOps trailer was for anyone who has played through and watched all the eps of SpOps.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I may have to get this game.

You do. You really do.

I'm waiting till Christmas...

One of the "reviews" i was watching; Midway through the guy was ranting about Weapon Balancing/Firing from the hip. Bitch Bitch Bitch Complain Complain... SUDDENLY WILD ANIMAL ATTACK.

He screamed, mashed buttons, etc... but yeah. I love moments like that in videogames where humans aren't your only enemy. Be mindful of your surroundings and the environment you happen to be in ;)

Omni

I may have to get this game.

Don't get it on console. At first I thought it was alright, but after playing Halo 2 at 60FPS on PC and then Halo 4 at 30FPS or whatever it is, the game seems really jarring (It runs at less than 25FPS with dips down to 17FPS if I'm not mistaken)

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Good stuff.

Makes me sad that Palmer had two magnums though. I wantz to dual wield..

Thank you for pointing yet another thing out that I have the potential to complain about.

>>Show off Extraction in DLC maps, don't offer Extraction in MatchMaking
>>Show off Dual Weiding in CGI cutscene, Don't include in the game
>>Show off Cortanas new ass, Don't pull a Rockstar and include adult minigames (joke...)

malfcn

I felt dumb the first time I played SpOps. I thought I twas part of Majestic at first, as was confused why Palmer kept shouting Crimson.

I have a survey in this post so that way lurkers aren't filling it out immediately. I'd like to gain a broader idea of what people think of Halo 4 as a whole.

If you'd fill it out, it would be appreciated. Your usernames are optional, but I placed it in there if you wanted me to know your specific feedback.

dpne.

Thank you for pointing yet another thing out that I have the potential to complain about.

>>Show off Extraction in DLC maps, don't offer Extraction in MatchMaking
>>Show off Dual Weiding in CGI cutscene, Don't include in the game
>>Show off Cortanas new ass, Don't pull a Rockstar and include adult minigames (joke...)

what?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
But players that do not buy the map pack will not get to play extraction.

This.
Before the game came out, I was psyched for Extraction and Grifball.
Where are they? Stuck in Custom Games or offered in DLC only playlists.

I really dislike this self imposed limit on Hoppers that 343 has placed.

This comes in, that HAS to go out. This does well for a week, but not well enough? Out.

Why not put Oddball and KotH in their own damn hopper to make room for something else?
Why not have FFA VANILLA slayer, Oddball, and Regicide in a single hopper?

Make room for hoppers that people want, like Team Snipers... or Team Doubles... or BTB Objective... or Vanilla Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom