• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh. I thought there would also be an extraction playlist. That's weird.

When the fuck am I getting 1 flag :(
An Extraction playlist was originally announced for December 10th, but it was announced by IGN, so I think there was a miscommunication, as I don't think 343 ever said anything directly themselves about Extraction. (I may be wrong about that.)

I want an Extraction playlist, they're already taking away King. :/
But players that do not buy the map pack will not get to play extraction.

Yep, the gametype that is on the disc is essentially paywalled in MM for the time being.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
JIP:

Ragnorok CTF

Enemy team: Sniper, Mantis, DMR, Incineration Cannon watching the only spawn.

My team: 1 AFK, Me.

4 - 0

Thanks, 343.

Edit- Stayed in the lobby. Currently starting a CTF match with only me on blue team.

This?
wPIOg.jpg

You guys are on drugs. That's clearly a scarab.
Wth. How did it get on Requiem?
Spills It David. Do Spartans have to fight inside that Precursor Scarab Baby of Doom thing?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I was expecting Destiny & Next Gen stuff, meh.

Outside of MGS5, Dark Souls 2, Tomb Raider, and South Park, I was pretty disappointed. Especially with Bioshock Infinite. Framerate was really bad, and the enemy AI was sluggish.

I still can't get over how crazy the guerilla announcement of MGS is though.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Something I just noticed about regicide;
You literally have the potential of winning the game with less than 10 kills if you get a bunch of assists and max bonus kings only, where a person who takes the lead and holds it the entire game would need ~30 kills.

JIP:

Ragnorok CTF

4 - 0

Thanks, 343.

Edit- Stayed in the lobby. Currently starting a CTF match with only me on blue team.

I've never had that happen.

We had multiple occasions tonight where the match started and our team was full, but nearly everyone on the enemy team left. Like one dude would have been playing CTF against 5. Nightmare scenario. JIP filled it up before we even got to sprint to the power weapons. Which is to say, I love JIP. It's just a shame they're somehow letting people into matches that are nearly over.

Then again, it's certainly possible that the time it takes between finding a match that needs a JIP player and actually having your Spartan spawn is enough time to take a winnable fight to completely out of balance one. I mean, if they find you a match that's CTF, 5 vs 1 with a score of 2-0, should they put you in there? The enemy team needs to score three times, that's not terrible. At the same time, if it takes you even just 2 minutes to get into the match, that's enough time for the game to ultimately be at 4-0 with the final cap in progress.

It's probably a hard thing to balance out.

Something I just noticed about regicide;
You literally have the potential of winning the game with less than 10 kills if you get a bunch of assists and max bonus kings only, where a person who takes the lead and holds it the entire game would need ~30 kills.

It's fun that players are still baffled by the party settings that are Regicide. It's a game about killing the king. If you're the king, it's hard to rack up score. Blue shells left and right. This should no longer be surprising.

Nearly every game is fucking lag city.

Where do you live? You should do a speedtest. We only had one lag-tastic game tonight, but otherwise it's more or less silky smooth.

GhaleonEB

I was expecting Destiny & Next Gen stuff, meh.

Bungie has said a few times their game is getting revealed next year, so I wasn't sure where all the expectation came from for Destiny. I wouldn't expect next gen stuff until after the holidays, don't want to hype up next year's model when you're trying to sell this one.

CES or E3. MS might even make their own event again.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
It's fun that players are still baffled by the party settings that are Regicide. It's a game about killing the king. If you're the king, it's hard to rack up score. Blue shells left and right. This should no longer be surprising.
I honestly can't play the gametype unless i have a friend in the party. When I'm by myself, I constantly rage. When I'm with a bud, I'm always laughing at the ridiculous shit happening because it's not always on me! lol

m23

This year's VGAs reveals were probably the worst in a while, nothing really blew me away. Next gen must be close. E3 can't come soon enough.

This year's VGAs reveals were probably the worst in a while, nothing really blew me away. Next gen must be close. E3 can't come soon enough.
Speaking of, has anyone compiled a list or links to all the stuff that was revealed? Gaming side is failing me, I don't want to look at whole bunch of different threads for this stuff.

rakka

black screens every couple of games... sometimes while other players are still playing :(

seems a bit worse today.

Ramirez

Will someone at 343 please add a god damn respawn timer to this game? We can't even get respawn timers to work in the league.

How many times must I suffer through being killed by a jetpack guy who I just killed, but he instant respawns & flys to the sky and kills me before I can even regain my shield. What a complete & utter joke it is.

Omni

We need Halo Wars on PC.

Hell, I don't understand why Halo titles aren't developed simultaneously for PC... MS would get more money, people would be happy... Even if it were bundled with GFWL or whatever, it would still be worth it.

I love your stream description.

"The casuals all buy our game then quit after getting destroyed 15 times. They choose things like AR starts on Valhalla and companies think thats what we want. They leave us, the real Fenrir Spirit's who come back night after night chasing the ghost of a good game".

Thank you much.

Just played ten or so games of Hallo.

I still got it!

Enfinit

JIP:

Ragnorok CTF

4 - 0

Thanks, 343.

Earlier tonight:

>Me and buddy playing
>JiP
>Black screen with score board showing us down 3-0 before joining
>Join game
>"Enemy Captured Flag!" before even picking loadout
>Down 4-0
>Quit immediately

Thanks, 343.

raindoc

A War Sphinx isn't that big imo. Seems like a Flood/Precursor thing.

as much as i'd love for the reclaimer-trilogy's story to take a turn and follow the Precursor/Flood story (pre-release, i did expect that to happen at the end of H4...) i don't see it happening, not now.
there's been a few hints to the upcoming task (confrontation between man and precursors/flood) by the librarian (when she explains why chief carries a "gene-song", iirc), but there's been not enough talk about precursors (not any at all in SpOps so far) to make me believe that we will get to see a full precursor battle-platform in Season 1. they haven't even been mentioned by name yet, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom