• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie

Banned
So is this game fucking unplayable for anyone else? I have my NAT set to OPEN and I can't get a goddamned match that isn't totally worthless due to severe lag. I'm not sure what to do. I only have this issue with Halo 4. What gives?

WELCOME TO REACH HALO 4.

Pop

So is this game fucking unplayable for anyone else? I have my NAT set to OPEN and I can't get a goddamned match that isn't totally worthless due to severe lag. I'm not sure what to do. I only have this issue with Halo 4. What gives?

Download a bunch of files right when the game starts to bottle dat dere connection so you pull host.

Terrible connections and wifi get host 99.99999999% of the time online.

Download a bunch of files right when the game starts to bottle dat dere connection so you pull host.

Terrible connections and wifi get host 99.99999999% of the time online.

Bring your Xbox to Starbucks, make it a drinking game. You have to buy a cake pop every time you get a Killing Spree, take a sip of scalding coffee every time you get an ordnance drop. Donate a cent to them every time white text shows up. If you get a Binary Rifle, take a gulp of scalding coffee. Win the game with it? Pour it on your lap.

Pop

Bring your Xbox to Starbucks, make it a drinking game. You have to buy a cake pop every time you get a Killing Spree, take a sip of scalding coffee every time you get an ordnance drop. Donate a cent to them every time white text shows up. If you get a Binary Rifle, take a gulp of scalding coffee. Win the game with it? Pour it on your lap.

I'm all set...

gaems.jpeg

Light Rifle with Stability in BTB...holy shit.

Also, DLC maps in this lobby, but everyone thinks they're so bad that they never even get voted for.

stktt

Banned
It really ruins the game.
It's nice that is has a pretty big skill gap, but it is not large enough for its effectiveness.
It literally puts every other weapon to shame and ruins so many maps.
It pretty much completely ruins BTB.

I think giving it a lower ROF would help in close to midrange encounters, at least.

Duji

Managed two games before quitting in a pit of frustration and sadness. Boltshot camouflage seemed to be order of the day on both Complex and Adrift, and I was being sniped by invisible Spartans who'd got fortunate with their personal ordnance. So many terrible, terrible balance decisions it's beyond belief.

Halo 4 is far worse than Reach, for me. Bloom was bad, no doubt, and the slower movement options sucked, too, but there's an absolute wealth of almost equally inane decisions in Halo 4 that combine and transform into one humungous pile of nonsense.

The problem is, the little faults all add up and multiply, and my patience is so thin that even little things start to rile me up whilst playing. I'm being pinged by a DMR from the other side of Complex immediately after I spawn, immediately, and I'm just too tired to even bother continuing. It's a consistent stream of poor game design, wrapped around a solid core that's entirely Bungie's doing, and I'm struggle to give a shit and play through it.

I can't think of one thing that 343 have added to multiplayer which I believe fits Halo, or makes sense. I could write 3,000 words on the changes they've made which I believe do the opposite.
I always love reading your posts.

And THANK YOU. I was starting to feel like the only one who thinks HR > H4.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
hey if it makes you guys feel better the blops II thread bitches about their game almost as much as we do.

Its funny you mention Call of Duty because people would often criticize COD for not innovating enough or for being a '$60 map pack' (which it isn't) but I think most people would have been a lot more happier if Halo had gone down a similar route.

All the new core changes have really ruined Halo for me and I haven't played it in weeks. COD has kept its core game play mechanics largely intact and unaltered over its many games (Perks, Scoresteaks, Create-A-Class, Gunplay) and I believe a lot of players wish Halo had done the same from Halo 2/Halo 3.
COD remains popular to its fans because its the same fun game play and experience that attracted them to the series in the first place but with improved systems (Pick 10, Theater), new maps/campaign/gametypes and new weapons but nothing drastic different with the core game.

Halo did not need the create a class, perks, armor abilities, ordinance, random weapon spawns. Nor did it need a focus on bigger maps (the maps in Halo 4 are really poor Halo maps).
Its such a shame because the engine, technology, graphics and the gun play are really good but the crap that didn't exist in Halo before is what brings it down. I'll play COD instead, not a poor man's attempt.

Shit, someone just posted a Walking Dead spoiler on Facebook. I haven't had the chance to play the later episodes yet, I honestly didn't expect I'd get spoiled on fucking Facebook.

Oh well, it's only one little thing from Episode 3, I just put the guy on permanent ignore. :lol

Gotta love how the mainmenu they used for the E3 demos and such gave away a spoiler to the campaign.

Beli343.

Omni

OT: Egh. New years plans just fell through...Which sucks. Trying to get in on something else two days before is soo awkward.

Gotta love how the mainmenu they used for the E3 demos and such gave away a spoiler to the campaign.

Without context that main menu is just a cool background.
Having finished the game its the most tame of spoilers anyway, its a backdrop for a visited location. We always knew more Halo rings existed.

Running around campaign with the blind skull on. Think I might set up my cap card and a SkyDrive account and go wallpaper hunting.

The LoD on Geometry really sucks because you can see it in effect easily.

TheOddOne

I wonder how hard it would be to add a Weapon via DLC (to existing maps)
The question then is will only the people that get the DLC get the new weapons? Cause the DLC is in away the unlocker, right? They could avoid it by just added weapons via a Title Update. I don’t know if that is possible, but if it technically could then everybody regardless of the DLC would get it.

Akai__

I got my Halo Wars General achievement.

2shod.jpg

I just want to say thank you fuck you, to the person which was in charge for this terrible achievement. Thanks!

The tag set containing the weapons has been built into each .map since CE. Either a Global Tag weapon tag that overrides the weapon Tag's in each map (not sure if possible) or patching of the maps with an updated tag set would be required I know you can do something like this on a pc using a PPF patch I think a special coded version for use on a xbox could work maybe.

Otherwise it means redownloading all the maps.

Please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong anyone

Moa

The tag set containing the weapons has been built into each .map since CE. Either a Global Tag weapon tag that overrides the weapon Tag's in each map (not sure if possible) or patching of the maps with an updated tag set would be required I know you can do something like this on a pc using a PPF patch I think a special coded version for use on a xbox could work maybe.

Pretty much spot on, same reason why we can't have Armour DLC in any of the Halo games.

Although, I'm quite curious, Armour DLC was planned to be released with Anniversary (hence the 'GRD' helmet in the Defiant Map Pack screenshots), I would love to see how they were gonna pull that off.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

You are correct, probably still the same with armor too.

FyreWulff

Since they aren't concerned about LAN compatibility they can just now add the data in a patch that's applied to all the map files in memory. If they're going to have a classic throwable flag, this is practically what they'll need to do anyway, since flags are treated as weapons and as far as I know, the original flag weap doesn't exist in the maps anymore.

Of course, there's always a gulf between possible and practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom