• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

I think you're being far too generous with this assessment. They made some incremental improvements, but calling them "big" isn't particularly accurate in my opinion. Certainly they don't change the trajectory of Spartan Ops population or Halo 4 online population in general. If the idea was that Season 1 was a taste to get people to purchase a Season 2 they have a long ways to go. If they were hoping to keep pumping out quick and easy Spartan Ops to keep people engaged until Halo 5 they need to step it up a hell of a lot more than the jump from 1 - 1.5.

Fair enough, for what is worth it. I did have fun in Episode 6. It can be better, but as we have know, it can also be worse...

Hilarious! 10/10!

nwpGIpW.gif

willow ve

No. What's strange is how the bulletin is done so last minute. Why isn't it done Tuesday and then published at 9PM on Wednesdays? I've never understood this.

I've always wondered this as well. If BS Angel knows that literally every week she's supposed to have a Bulletin posted on Wednesday then why is it always done at the very last minute. If her other responsibilities take up too much of her time it's time to get an intern to write the Bulletin.

No. What's strange is how the bulletin is done so last minute. Why isn't it done Tuesday and then published at 9PM on Wednesdays? I've never understood this.

So they can get all the latest scoops fresh of the press of course! You never know what kind of exciting developments may occur at 343 studios.

Because they are subject to their non-disclosures too. Companies need to release exclusive info to press so more people will see the new DLC maps in all their oversized glory.

I'm sure they want to give us all the info but thats not how the gaming industry works folks. Nobody will know Halo is a game without the advertisement of companies via limited exclusivity!

Akai__

So guys... I did Halo 4 on legendary and beat it but I did it offline...

Is there still a way to get the armor?

The easiest way is playing through the last check points of each mission on Legendary, because that's what's really needed for the achievments/armor, at least people here are claiming so.

Omni

Imagine if Halo 5 came out this year because MS wanted to compete against CoD again.

It's sad that I could see it happening

TCKaos

Are people here enjoying the Forge playlist because the rest of Halo 4 is that bad? I remember a lot of folks here loathing Forge-centric playlists in Reach. Was the rest of Reach that good in comparison? Or is it more specifically that the Forge offering so far in Halo 4 is just better than the offering in Reach? Basically, what I'm asking is: what the hell is going on?

The aesthetics of the maps are done well enough (in part due to the maps selected, in part due to the new Forge lighting and palette) that it's not difficult to differentiate between them. Even the ones that are done on the same maps as others. Shutout, Garoutte, Simplex and Scythe are on Ravine and they're all easy to tell apart. With very few exceptions most of the maps also play well.

The initial Forge maps were mostly shit, and the dull gray didn't help.

EDIT: Top of the page.

Yeah, that is what I am getting at. It always seems like she writes it at the last minute, why not write it during the day on Wednesday. I'm not upset about it, I just don't understand forcing yourself to have to crunch at the last minute like that.

heckfu

Banned
Yeah, that is what I am getting at. It always seems like she writes it at the last minute, why not write it during the day on Wednesday. I'm not upset about it, I just don't understand forcing yourself to have to crunch at the last minute like that.
I don't think that's the case at all and the ire shouldn't be directed at her. She has to get the information from several different departments and still has to probably get everything OK'd so that she isn't busting any secrets wide open.

What I mean to say is that she probably doesn't procrastinate to publish, rather she gets all the info and then quickly writes it up to give it to us.

zap

Juices, check your PMs.

Juices hired
as a CC
?

Felt like you guys should see this.
https://twitter.com/aegies/status/294257509026394112
Destiny reveal imminent?

They were just interviewing some Bungie guys about the atmosphere and culture post-Halo.

Polygon was recently invited to Bungie's Bellevue, Wash., headquarters for an exclusive day-long visit. We spoke with Staten, Parsons, award-winning audio director Marty O'Donnell, technology director Chris Butcher, studio manager Harold Ryan, Destiny sandbox designer Danny Bulla, Destiny interface designer Kevin McGinnis, community manager Eric Osborne, character animator Tom Sanocki, writer Eric Raab and more for exclusive, in-depth interviews on the culture of Bungie and the stress of following up Halo. You can read that feature this Thursday, Jan. 24, on Polygon.

Source

Blissful

Neo Member
I think Kevin Franklin should get the boot. Dude single-handedly killed matchmaking and provided us with false promises, like a politician.

I don't think that's the case at all and the ire shouldn't be directed at her. She has to get the information from several different departments and still has to probably get everything OK'd so that she isn't busting any secrets wide open.

What I mean to say is that she probably doesn't procrastinate to publish, rather she gets all the info and then quickly writes it up to give it to us.

Yeah, I'd assume that is the case. You'd think the whole process would be more streamlined so that nobody was forced to hurry on the account of anybody else. Just release at a set time a day later, no big deal.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The Forge maps having more traditional weapon spawns (for the most part) does make me wonder if maybe this is the first step for major changes. It's easily the best playlist imo, and the maps play like actual Halo maps (Simplex is really, really good).

I want to like this game so badly.

I think Kevin Franklin should get the boot. Dude single-handedly killed matchmaking and provided us with false promises, like a politician.

nah. obviously it's been said now, but it's pointless to single out one person. multiple people made the decisions for h4's multiplayer.

343 has potential. They can probably make a good Halo game. But for whatever reason (whether it be their own decision, or Microsoft telling them) they made a generic modern day FPS that happened to be in space instead of modern day. Maybe next time around we'll get a good Halo game.

J10

Banned
What does bs angel actually do? She doesn't actually work on the game or anything right?

She has Frankie's old job (what he did at Bungie).

He doesn't need the boot. Just stop him from spewing PR drivel in interviews. Not everything is fucking "dynamic." Some shit is just "dumb."

I think we're overhyping Polygon's interview with Bungie. I guarantee you it's just going to be some vague crap like
"We really want to do something new."
"We're putting a lot into Destiny and will continue to do so for the years to come."
"This experience will be like no other we've done before."

They may just wait until E3 and use Polygon as a "remember to be hyped up for us" tool instead of giving out any worthwhile information. Just a warning

I think we're overhyping Polygon's interview with Bungie. I guarantee you it's just going to be some vague crap like
"We're putting a lot into Destiny and will continue to do so for the years to come."

They may just wait until E3 and use Polygon as a "remember to be hyped up for us" tool instead of giving out any worthwhile information. Just a warning
"The jetpack in Destiny is one of the coolest bits of gear a player can equip in their loadout..."

;p

We know it's not going to include any direct information about the game, I think people are looking forward to hearing about their process.

Top Bottom