• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

J10

Banned
S4ilo.gif

Who is this woman?

Nowise10

Just played a game on Abandon against a team using NOTHING but Jetpack+AR, and even team shooting with the AR. Only time they stopped using the AR was to use an ordnance they receive.

Why is this game so bad? :'( I just wanted Halo 3 with a 4 slapped on... why did I get Halo:Reach 2.0.

Okay, seriously you are bad if you loose to a team of JETPACKING ASSAULT RIFLES.

I somewhat get it with Camo Hiding, but jetpacking with assault rifles? lol?

so Doubles Pro is pretty fun. Gameplay is Halo again.

Complaints: Doubles version of Haven is better than original, but it's too big for 2v2. Abandon is still awful. I'm not a huge fan of the power weapon spawns, particularly the railgun. It's probably just me, but I don't find that weapon satisfying at all. Also, why are there never any rockets? I don't know when the last time I saw rockets in Halo 4 was.

As for Infinity Doubles, it's garbage. Instant respawn still sucks. It still has all the base Halo 4 BS in it. Haven't played Doubles CTF yet so I can't comment on that

Gordon

Just another reason why AA's don't belong in Halo.
In Halo 3 you could do the same thing by walking against a wall the right way. My wife's brother did it a disgusting amount. You basically had to stick him and then the nearest wall lol

It's staying. It's going to be tweaked and improved over time too.
Sweet - hopefully Infinity game types can get reduced weighting at some point to see how they do. I wonder what the JIP numbers look.

zap

How do you guys NOT like Community? One of the best comedies to come out for a long time. Such an amazing show.

Fracas, give it a few more episodes. I found the first couple the weakest of the entire series. There are so many god-tier episodes that I can't name them all, but I'll try give some to watch for:
Modern Warfare (Season 1 Episode 23)
Contemporary American Poultry (Season 1 Episode 21)
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (Season 2 Episode 14)
Remedial Chaos Theory (Season 3 Episode 4)

The doubles pro settings need to be global. That's all I want to play. 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, whatever, I just want those competitive settings

also throw out current CTF and replace it with classic CTF thanks

Madness

Known facts being presented.

TV is in a new golden age now with the explosion of new distribution from Premium and Basic Cable and now original content with digital distribution as well. It's getting more creative freedoms than film at this point.

Yup, I pretty much only watch HBO/AMC/FX etc. I haven't watched broadcast television since Lost or possibly the Office while Steve Carell was still there in the first few seasons.

It's like these shows are just filler for ads/product placement/social commenfary. You get like 16 minutes of a show. Compare it to what you get on premium channels. They don't pick actors because they are teeny boppers or hot celebrities. They cast the best actors. They tell a great story, good locations. For me, nothing beats The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire etc. So many more.

I don't think I've ever watched two and half Men, how I met your mother, glee, big bang theory. I'm not sure I missed much either.

heckfu

Banned
Yup, I pretty much only watch HBO/AMC/FX etc. I haven't watched broadcast television since Lost or possibly the Office while Steve Carell was still there in the first few seasons.

It's like these shows are just filler for ads/product placement/social commenfary. You get like 16 minutes of a show. Compare it to what you get on premium channels. They don't pick actors because they are teeny boppers or hot celebrities. They cast the best actors. They tell a great story, good locations. For me, nothing beats The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire etc. So many more.

I don't think I've ever watched two and half Men, how I met your mother, glee, big bang theory. I'm not sure I missed much either.

lol look at this fuckin tv hipster. get out of here with that crap.

Computer

Just played a game on Abandon against a team using NOTHING but Jetpack+AR, and even team shooting with the AR. Only time they stopped using the AR was to use an ordnance they receive.

Why is this game so bad? :'( I just wanted Halo 3 with a 4 slapped on... why did I get Halo:Reach 2.0.

This is one thing that makes me rage hard as fuck. Every time I get close to someone they fly above me and fuck me up with a angle that gives them perfect head shots on me and I can only shoot them in the ass. I don't understand why the Y axis in this game is so slow when people can fly around like idiots.

Okay, seriously you are bad if you loose to a team of JETPACKING ASSAULT RIFLES.

No it does not make him bad you will loose to AR+jetpack almost every time especially at when they are directly above you it is complete shit like most of the game.

Havok

If we're talking TV, folks with Netflix should really check out House of Cards if they haven't. It's quite good.
Complaints: Doubles version of Haven is better than original, but it's too big for 2v2. Abandon is still awful. I'm not a huge fan of the power weapon spawns, particularly the railgun. It's probably just me, but I don't find that weapon satisfying at all.
The railgun is one of maybe two new weapons that I think 343 really nailed. Nothing really tangible, it just feels right and more importantly, doesn't really have an analogue from the past games to compare to like the sticky detonator does (and fails to live up to). It has weird issues with latency and hit registration, but if any of their additions are going to carry forward, I hope that's the one (and not the incineration cannon or the boltshot or the binary rifle or the scattershot, thanks).

Doubles Pro is the best playlist in this game and there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Why did Halo 4 have to ship the way it did?

cry.gif

heckfu

Banned
Is squad slayer ever going to come back?

edit: actually, let me come back to this post. I typed it out tongue-in-cheek the first time but holy shit how much better would this game play with an extra person on (most) maps?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just challenged SPIKY117 to 1v1 Elite Slayer on Zealot, but he refused.

How do you guys NOT like Community? One of the best comedies to come out for a long time. Such an amazing show.

Fracas, give it a few more episodes. I found the first couple the weakest of the entire series. There are so many god-tier episodes that I can't name them all, but I'll try give some to watch for:
Modern Warfare (Season 1 Episode 23)
Contemporary American Poultry (Season 1 Episode 21)
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (Season 2 Episode 14)
Remedial Chaos Theory (Season 3 Episode 4)

Flashback episode and the psychologist flashback episodes are two of my favorites. It takes a special writing staff to make flashback episodes (normally pointless filler episodes) and make them flashbacks OF STUFF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN!

By far my favorite episodes are all the spoofs, like the Law and Order episode, and ones that make fun of TV tropes and cliches, like the "bottle episode." Damn is that one good.

Flashback episode and the psychologist flashback episodes are two of my favorites. It takes a special writing staff to make flashback episodes (normally pointless filler episodes) and make them flashbacks OF STUFF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN!

By far my favorite episodes are all the spoofs, like the Law and Order episode, and ones that make fun of TV tropes and cliches, like the "bottle episode." Damn is that one good.

That was a slick intro lol, didn't know it was a show like that. Might have to check it out.

really though, what happened with rockets? Why are they never on the map? Sniper and Rockets are the most Halo power weapons, but most of the maps just seem to have needler, scattershot, and sticky det spawns.

I still need to watch Parks and Rec.

inb4 yuhas batshit
batshit

Yep, agreed.

There are a few good comedies on network TV (see batshit Domino post above), but for dramas, it's cable or bust, and there are so many quality ones on cable now.

Shout out to House of Cards, watched the first six episodes so far and it is very good (Netflix).
lol look at this fuckin tv hipster. get out of here with that crap.
Well look at this, a hipster in the South that also sucks at TV.

J10

Banned
really though, what happened with rockets? Why are they never on the map? Sniper and Rockets are the most Halo power weapons, but most of the maps just seem to have needler, scattershot, and sticky det spawns.

Play BTB.

Actually, don't. It's terrible.

Top Bottom