• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

This is going to seem incredibly selfish of me, but I need some cheering up. HaloGAF, today's my birthday, and I've been depressed as hell throughout the entire day. Say happy birthday to me, or something.

Welcome to the club, you are not alone, Happy birthday and happy random gif.

h21ADA054

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
Sorry but every one who wants to win will go the route which is the easiest. Halo 3 had also some things that you could have abused or there were cheap tactics.

Eventhough I have to agree that Infinity Slayer is shit I think your other complains are not that bad.

Especially the Movement Speed, I think the normal movement speed is way better than Reachs, strafing is affected by other things I think.

And I really like the Railgun, probably because it is so strong.
Playing Doubles Pro on Haven rushing down grabbing the speed boost and then getting the Railgun... <3

The base movement speed is very slow obviously to accommodate sprint (gimmick). This to me is a negative as it makes the game less skilful and less varied in terms of gameplay.

Halo 3 had a minute percentage of cheap tactics compared with halo 4.

The fact that players will do whatever it takes to win is exactly the reason that having a game full of viable cheap tactics is a bad idea.

Fuchsdh

Lately it's been a weekly thing.

Got donged on in doubles pro on Rail today. I really like the verticality of the map.

Rail is a pretty nice map, although it also reminds me why I really enjoy the move to "visible" transit like mancannons and grav lifts. Teleporters feel really outmoded to me now and it's something I definitely don't miss about old Halo maps. On the plus side with Rail, you can easily tell when someone's going for the TP so you can still lock down the top pretty easily.

Yesssss yes they were. Reach had some stinkin' beautiful explosions, too. Best in the series I think.

Yeah, I'd say so, save for probably the Scarab explosions in Halo 3. One thing Reach absolutely nailed was : the Covenant environments. I was so sad when we got nothing even close to this in Halo 4 - these types of levels were always so amazing to me. The Truth and Reconciliation. High Charity. Long Night of Solace. Here's hoping that look comes back in the next game, even crazier than in Reach. I think I'm going to go play T&R now, I can't remember how good it looks in CE:A.

DeadNames

Banned
What?

I honestly was just listening to the Beta music 5 minutes ago, and it sounds wonderful. Even the final OST sounds amazing.

I dunno. Halo 1-3 felt more like Halo music to me. ODST was a bit Halo, but a bit more jazz fusion I guess. Was a neat mixture. Reach's felt... overdone, for lack of a better word.

Am i the only one that doesnt like Halo 4's OST?

There are some nice tracks, but for the most part it's not too good.

I dunno. Halo 1-3 felt more like Halo music to me. ODST was a bit Halo, but a bit more jazz fusion I guess. Was a neat mixture. Reach's felt... overdone, for lack of a better word.

There are some nice tracks, but for the most part it's not too good.
ODST's soundtrack was just god tier. Best Halo soundtrack by far.

Karl2177

Are the weapon spawns on Abandon Dubs every minute? Was just playing Slayer Pro and got the sniper at the start of the game. About 1:10-1:15 from me picking it up, I get sniped.

Hmm, I think Reach's soundtrack wasn't that great to listen to outside of the game, but as far as atmosphere is concerned, it does a really good job at making you feel like you're on another planet. The colours and sounds are all just a little alien and far-off sounding, which contributed to the mood they were trying to go for. "From the beginning you know the end" type deal. The main theme percussion is kick-ass, though.

I loved the music played in New Alexandria (especially the night sections), Long Night of Solace, and Pillar of Autumn. The skyboxes and set-pieces in the game are just beautiful, and the "almost" Halo sound really added to that. Made the whole game feel somewhat sad and mysterious, despite what it was.

Top Bottom