• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

heckfu

Banned
New playlists and SpOps up.

Also, no stability added in Snipers...this needs a fix soon. So awful to play with flinch when stability could be universal.

(this is all assuming they have the ability to add it, that is)

blamite

This week's episode was pretty great, although I'm a bit concerned about where the story's going... Sucks the season's almost over and we're not going to get anything more for a while. I would love for Spartan Ops season 2 to be nothing but the CG series focused on a different set of Spartans and with longer more fleshed out episodes. Seriously, in both campaign and SpOps, the cutscene work has been amazing.

Moa

Episode 9 was great, hoping the CGI for Episode 10 is a long one, so many things need to happen still.

I'm quite concerned over the Genesis Key, if that goes into the wrong hands by the end of the Season, we are fucked.

For those who weren't playing close attention on Chapter 5 of Episode 9, the map you activated located both pieces of the Genesis Key on Requiem.

Could I also apologize for being a flat out dick last night? Apologies to the person who I flat out insulted and to those who I pissed off :/

PS: Here's an image detailing Episode 9's mission names, map which it takes place on and description: Episode 9 - spoilers.

TheOddOne

Actually I don't mind Palmer (Yeah, yeah, stop pointing finger on me being her fanboy since day one), because she has been pretty toned down compared to the first half of the season.

SpOps9:
Am I hearing it correctly, sounds like Janis Key. And it needs to be taken to the Absolute Record? What's that? I really wish these episodes were longer, so little can be told in 5 minutes. I'm guessing there's going to be a big cliff hanger next week. Question is whether that cliffhanger is for Halo 5, SpOps Season 2, or something else...

Omni

First chapter of episode 9...

What the fuck did 343i do to
the design of the UNSC ships?
Did they HAVE to ruin everything?

Ominym

Banned
First chapter of episode 9...

What the fuck did 343i do to
the design of the UNSC ships?
Did they HAVE to ruin everything?

What? You mean to tell me you don't think it's super cool the pelican looks like a downgrade in technology, with outside gunner seats? Who wouldn't like that. (In reference to the CGI cutscene.)

On a good side note, the episode was awesome as usual. I continue to really like Lasky as a character; so at least 343i did something right. I'd also love to have some of that ammo Majestic is using, seems pretty high caliber.

Omni

What? You mean to tell me you don't think it's super cool the pelican looks like a downgrade in technology, with outside gunner seats? Who wouldn't like that. (In reference to the CGI cutscene.)

On a good side note, the episode was awesome as usual. I continue to really like Lasky as a character; so at least 343i did something right. I'd also love to have some of that ammo Majestic is using, seems pretty high caliber.
Eh. I really don't like the direction that the UNSC and Covenant are going in visually. Why ruin a good thing for the sake of it?

Really like the first chapter apart from that though... Plus
SENTINALS!
. Second chapter was incredibly dull however... About to start third. Hopefully it's a little more exciting and not just the same

broony

Going to miss Spart Ops at the end of the season. Hopefully there has been enough people playing to justify a season 2 and it comes sooner rather than later.

It had a shaky start but I think SpOpshas been great.

Really been getting my co-op fix from Spartan ops and the campaign skull challenges, good stuff and really nice to see post launch support like this for a game.

broony

Meant to ask this last week for the campaign challenge. Tilt works by increasing both strengths and weaknesses of enemies. What are the Knights weakness? Seem to be bullet sponges to all projectile weapons, only assisantions seem to get a quick kill.

Meant to ask this last week for the campaign challenge. Tilt works by increasing both strengths and weaknesses of enemies. What are the Knights weakness? Seem to be bullet sponges to all projectile weapons, only assisantions seem to get a quick kill.

The Suppressor works wonders, but assassinations seem to be easiest, especially on LASO. Pretty satisfying as well.

Eh. I really don't like the direction that the UNSC and Covenant are going in visually. Why ruin a good thing for the sake of it?

Really like the first chapter apart from that though... Plus
SENTINALS!
. Second chapter was incredibly dull however... About to start third. Hopefully it's a little more exciting and not just the same
I like 343i's approach on the new ship. I love it. Looks much better than those bricks glued together.

Mission 1 of Episode 9 was ace. That's how I want a SpOps mission to be in terms of in-game story telling.

Havok

Really glad that the story is picking up, next week should be really interesting.

Missions this week were all right, if not my favorites. Exploring some new areas in old places is a neat way to reuse locations.

Had a lot of instances where enemies spawned or dropped right on top of me this week, and that is immensely frustrating.

Phantom door gunners are obnoxious.

something something Fuel Rods stink.

Omni

I was joking. I'm honestly appalled by most of the artistic liberties taken by 343i.
Yeah, I was agreeing with you haha.

I like 343i's approach on the new ship. I love it. Looks much better than those bricks glued together.

Mission 1 of Episode 9 was ace. That's how I want a SpOps mission to be in terms of in-game story telling.

Yeah, now it's just generic white space ship 101 which is much better than an almost iconic style.

IHaveIce

Banned
Only saw the episode but damn.. if Halsey dies and Palmer survives Spartan Ops, I'm gonna spit somebody in the face ..

And something I spoiler tag just in case
Every piece of Forerunner technology? the second arc? .. the other rings?

I want a comeback of the Gravemind, or another gravemind

Team snipes is still pretty miserable with the flinch...

The reason I couldn't truly get excited for its return. All the right noises about smaller maps and the removal of instant respawn can't assuage the fact that flinch kills the gametype stonedead. Pulling for a TU option for descoping when shot. They took the surgeons scalpel to Bungie's final Halo in order to provide 'functionality to appease fans who prefer a more classic style of Halo'. I only hope they hold the same principles for their baby. In addition to descoping, I'd like to see a no sprint option and this time, BUILT IN TO THE UI, not having to download second hand gametypes off of fileshares like some scavenging peasant.

New playlists and SpOps up.

Also, no stability added in Snipers...this needs a fix soon. So awful to play with flinch when stability could be universal.

(this is all assuming they have the ability to add it, that is)

Without an alternative to Flinch (i.e. descoping), snipers would be awful.

Omni

The starting area of chapter 5 is gorgeous. You could probably turn it into a pretty decent MM map if you really wanted to as well... :eek:

Shadders

Just watched the SpOps episode at work, gathered a bit of a crowd.

"That's Halo? I didn't think it was like that at all."
"Wow, Halo looks really cool, and they do these every week?"

Yeah, every week, for the next one weeks.

Havok

A little disappointing that Snipers still has huge maps in it. Just played a game on Meltdown (which was two of the three voting slots, one being Snipes and the other being Shotty Snipers) and a couple of folks were crouching behind rocks half the game.

Also, since it seems like they just ported the entire roster of King of the Hill maps into Team Objective, I wonder if Ragnarok still has the Banshee. It was removed from CTF but they never did anything about it in King. Still not sure why in the world King is on that map.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A little disappointing that Snipers still has huge maps in it. Just played a game on Meltdown (which was two of the three voting slots, one being Snipes and the other being Shotty Snipers) and a couple of folks were crouching behind rocks half the game.

Also, since it seems like they just ported the entire roster of King of the Hill maps into Team Objective, I wonder if Ragnarok still has the Banshee. It was removed from CTF but they never did anything about it in King. Still not sure why in the world King is on that map.

Ugh, doesn't sound like it's off to a good start. I wish I could have worked on them. :/

FyreWulff

Wait. Ragnarok has hill on it again?

why.jpg

PS got my 50 in Blitz

ElRenoRaven

So just watched this week's episode and yea I without a doubt just hate Palmer 100 percent. Laskey is showing why I like him though. Will have to play when I get home tonight though.

IHaveIce

Banned

Meltdown Snipers and Ragnarok Hill?

Nope
NOPE.

wwm0nkey

So they are going to totally go the route where something happens in episode 10 where only Halsey
gets the map implanted in her mind
or something like that to prevent the UNSC from ever being able to kill her aren't they?

Havok

Ugh, doesn't sound like it's off to a good start. I wish I could have worked on them. :/
Some good smaller Forge maps would definitely help (even if some of them were just the larger Doubles variants), plus stuff like Stability being added (having used it for the last couple of months going back to full flinch was painful). The settings seem okay apart from that, really. I guess I'm not much of a Snipers guy, so I can't really say one way or another what would be better.

Wait. Ragnarok has hill on it again?

why.jpg

PS got my 50 in Blitz
I don't actually know for sure, but the Waypoint playlist page has Ragnarok listed in Team Objective, and neither Oddball nor Team Regicide used that map when they were standalone, so I'm making an assumption that it's King.

I have serious doubts about how well that playlist will do without Flag in it as a mainstay or Extraction as a crowd-drawing novelty.

SpOps chapter 9 CG spoiler:
I really hope Halo doesn't turn into another franchise where the story becomes "We have a map of powerful items and must collect them."
Other than that, these episodes have been amazing recently.

So they are going to totally go the route where something happens in episode 10 where only Halsey
gets the map implanted in her mind
or something like that to prevent the UNSC from ever being able to kill her aren't they?
Ew please no.

Top Bottom