• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Moa

tumblr_m45b2loQQ91r5jtugo1_250.gif
Where'd you get the link from, Moa?

Foman, one of the Forum Ninjas for Bnet tweeted it out.

So Destiny reveal next Monday?

The link before the gray box says this:
Our sky is filled with unseen signals. Radio-frequency emissions pulse and flit and dance all around us. Yet even a singing patch of sky can be observed, and transformed into a range of frequencies.

Can you hear it? No, not yet. It has not yet arrived. But together we can receive its call.

Imagine combining the observations of thousands across the globe on an object meandering through the heavens. The resulting array would be quite large. Quite powerful. This is your task.

Alone it will not be enough. Coordination and timing is needed. Observations must be made simultaneously.

Your window will be small. Five minutes at most. But windows may be reopened. And the distance between observer pairs will be key.

There will always be limitations in clarity, so the results must be archived for study. Highly technical observers may be required. Detailed frequency analysis is recommended.

Everything that belongs to us will be ours, but only if we create the capacity to receive it.

Our sky is filled with unseen signals. Radio-frequency emissions pulse and flit and dance all around us. Yet even a singing patch of sky can be observed, and transformed into a range of frequencies.

Can you hear it? No, not yet. It has not yet arrived. But together we can receive its call.

Imagine combining the observations of thousands across the globe on an object meandering through the heavens. The resulting array would be quite large. Quite powerful. This is your task.

Alone it will not be enough. Coordination and timing is needed. Observations must be made simultaneously.

Your window will be small. Five minutes at most. But windows may be reopened. And the distance between observer pairs will be key.

There will always be limitations in clarity, so the results must be archived for study. Highly technical observers may be required. Detailed frequency analysis is recommended.

Everything that belongs to us will be ours, but only if we create the capacity to receive it.

Interesting...

Sounds like a community effort. As guess lots and lots of people have to do this?

Computron

The geomask.png, which is the black and white image on the right, looks like it could be an image that has been converted to frequency space through the use of an FFT filter.

this is the one I am talking about:

iJ0BslsLSdQL6.png

I am working on it right now.

Also, there are multiple of these. I openned the page multiple tuimes in different tabs and got 2 different variants of the picture.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah, they have the same URL though, so I suspect hotlinking them here won't work..

Ah, yeah, just looking at the HTML, they have webkit doing a zoom on a larger image and just pushing a part of it to that URL.

Interesting! Oh man.. I'm now all hyped and giddy.
I can't wait 7 days

Fracas

#fuckonami
Destiny news is confirmed for Monday? Awwww shiii

Between this and the PS4 announcement next wednesday, it will be a good week.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Insane conclusion time: beta sign up window.

ibdsXM6AxhjR53.gif

Ghazi

Hope they address the bug that prevents the scoreboard from showing up on the respawn screen.

I hope they address the bug that spawns weapons in front of people at will.

On Destiny, I'll never show my image! You'll never solve it without me now muahahahahaha!

Remember when the Valhalla beam tower sent coordinate data in the mission before the one with the Mantises and the percussion from the Didact's theme (Nemesis) started playing when you did it? Hmmmm.

Top Bottom