• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

The best voices -- voices that truly matter -- never
allow themselves be heard. This lesson is worth
learning again and again.

Forever.

Your voice moves as whispers, murmurs and urges
inside larger winds. Only the trusted few can absorb
what is necessary. Wise and sly and perfect, your
instructions drop, leaving nothing but the hard sweet
rime of enlightenment.

The path is set. Your voice is unleashed. Except now
it is gone...

And maybe it never was.
::
::
DESTINY

So much fun. Monday's gonna be tighter than this week leading up to it.

Computron

Hooray for Fourier (Heh, it rhymes) transforms!

I wonder what else they will throw at us?

This is exactly what I needed for this week...

Cant wait for tomorrow!

blamite

In Destiny news, it's now Tuesday.

Tuesday is now.

40px-Geomantic_puer.svg.png

mj6d3bW.png
Q9AQZbB.png

FyreWulff

"Why am I not hearing anyone talking?"

*realize 4 games later voice chat was somehow globally turned off*

edit: one dose of grifball a day is good enough for me

edit2: wtf it just said a gamertag was online that wasn't even on my FL.

But with each removal you might not be effected but other communities are. That means lower population, which in turn effects other communities. Including yours (The MP side)

Your concerns align with mine too, mostly gameplay settings and options, means more people who play a heavy amount of MP and are competitive need to be in the chairs controlling what gets selected before the game starts.

Agreed with retaining core options so as not to alienate the speedrunners, griffball, infection, screenshot crowd. The Armour Ability and Infinity people, however, can be thrown out with the trash, bagged up with the refuse and flushed into the effluence. A big statement needs to be made in the future of Halo that this franchise just isn't for them and shoo them off to another franchise. Heard Crysis has got camo. Send them there.

Big difference here you never spawned with equipment, and they were a one time use item, AA like sprint and Jet pack broke the maps, while AA like cammo and Amor lock were spamed left and right by players with no limit of use.

When you say it like that, I think it would be nice to have some sort of energy modules to recharge AA's scattered on the map that respawn over a certain period of time, something like the health vials and armor shards in Unreal Tournament.

Striker

Big difference here you never spawned with equipment, and they were a one time use item, AA like sprint and Jet pack broke the maps, while AA like cammo and Amor lock were spamed left and right by players with no limit of use.
I don't think Sprint broke maps, but you can explain that if you want. AL was near useless after 343 patched it. Camo and Jetpack will always be shit in these games, no excuse there.

Still, both types of items stalled gameplay, and introduced more randomness/bullshit that was never necessary. Pickups like the OS and Camo were predictable and set on timers and lasted a set duration. You knew what was going to happen in these scenarios, and you knew when the person had these powerups.

Caja 117

I don't think Sprint broke maps, but you can explain that if you want. AL was near useless after 343 patched it. Camo and Jetpack will always be shit in these games, no excuse there.

Still, both types of items stalled gameplay, and introduced more randomness/bullshit that was never necessary. Pickups like the OS and Camo were predictable and set on timers and lasted a set duration. You knew what was going to happen in these scenarios, and you knew when the person had these powerups.
I m not defending equipment, but equipment did not hurt the game as much because it was a one time use, it was limited to as much as 2 players having equipment, opposite from everyone in the team having AA all the time.

About sprint, it actually broke small, medium sized maps, maps like zealot and countdown felt as good or decent maps when you played it on MLG because of the no sprint.

IHaveIce

Banned

Eventhough equipment did add to randmoness it was never that bad like AAs, also there were never all equipments on one map, while in Reach and Halo 4 ou can choose every AA on every map.

Never complained about OS and Camo as pickups, they were handled as powerweapons and that was damn fine

EDIT: I think we can all agree we could live without it. Now Deadly Cyclone will come and prove me wrong :J

/I kid

Omni

A few decent matches of Halo 2. Damn it's gonna suck when it gets shutdown. I may not play it all the time like BF3 or H4, but I always come back to it.

Caja 117

Eventhough equipment did add to randmoness it was never that bad like AAs, also there were never all equipments on one map, while in Reach and Halo 4 ou can choose every AA on every map.

Never complained about OS and Camo as pickups, they were handled as powerweapons and that was damn fine

EDIT: I think we can all agree we could live without it. Now Deadly Cyclone will come and prove me wrong :J

/I kid

And speaking of camo as a
Pickup, one of the main reasons camo AA is my most hated AA, is because it killed camo as a pickup.

Halo 4 wouldve had been a lot better if camo would had been a ordnance drop either global or personal instead of been AA.

Havok

Coming to a mobile near you. Compare with your friends! Earn XP by login in! Be a true Spartan! Exclusive to Windows Phone!
Given that the Halo 4 SmartGlass thing didn't work on Microsoft's flagship WP7 device for months and months after it launched ("This device is missing key features: touch." No, it's not, you morons) while the iOS version worked fine, I think you might be overestimating how much of a shit Microsoft actually gives about Windows Phone.

Heck, even now that it does work it might be one of the most poorly optimized applications I've ever seen. It's a choppy, crashy disaster.

TheOddOne

Given that the Halo 4 SmartGlass thing didn't work on Microsoft's flagship WP7 device for months and months after it launched ("This device is missing key features: touch." No, it's not, you morons) while the iOS version worked fine, I think you might be overestimating how much of a shit Microsoft actually gives about Windows Phone.

Heck, even now that it does work it might be one of the most poorly optimized applications I've ever seen. It's a choppy, crashy disaster.
thatsthejoke.gif

Unrelated:
Do you love games? How about making tools that artists love to use? We have a unique and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented programmer to make a big impact by improving our internal tools.

Responsibilities:
This person will work with a variety of clients (art, audio, design, narrative, and engineering) to create intuitive, sustainable tools that we all want to use.

In this role, you will:
- Work with clients to design and develop tools to support the production pipeline.
- Be given constant opportunity to improve the experience for users and other developers.
- Work within a high power team on triple AAA titles that involve the Halo Franchise.

Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience in in creating tools for a creative audience
- Experience creating one or more of the following applications: level editor, asset database, animation/cinematic editor, material/shader editor, dcc plug-ins, build tools, data messaging tools, lighting tools
- Experience using one or more of the following languages: C#, C++, Python, Lua, HLSL
-Experience using one or more of the following frameworks: Maya API, Photoshop API, SQL, OpenGL, Direct3D, XAML, WPF, WCF, Qt
I wonder if Halo 5...*Sign* why bother, it is not going to happen.

FyreWulff

Halo 2 PC must be getting it's revenge. They announce taking it down on the 15th and GFWL is all kinds of messed in the days leading up to H2's re-demise.

Halo 2 PC must be getting it's revenge. They announce taking it down on the 15th and GFWL is all kinds of messed in the days leading up to H2's re-demise.
*sharkWulff [dolphinWulff?] sits in his leather computer chair, twirling his fine moustache and grinning viciously at his enacted revenge*

1. Edit Halo 2's boxart over Gerard Butler's head in the Law Abiding Citizen trailer
2. Convert the sections with him threatening Jamie Fox and then the cars blowing up into an animated GIF
3. Post
4. Obtain lulz

And speaking of camo as a
Pickup, one of the main reasons camo AA is my most hated AA, is because it killed camo as a pickup.

Halo 4 wouldve had been a lot better if camo would had been a ordnance drop either global or personal instead of been AA.

Theres one AA that i hate more as Camo in the multiplayer ... Jet pack -.-
The only list where i could imagine it is in custom / fun gametypes.

Akai__

I think their mobile app is just shitty. My friends on their iphone 5s were able to watch other streams but not mine. No idea why. Seems they could watch 480p on other streams, but not mine in 720p or 1080p.

Does the app not support 720p/1080p viewing?

I send you a PM, but you didn't get it, right? Mobile is somehow broken for me.

In short, streams, who have like thousand of subscribers are working fine, because they are favoured.

However, if your viewers are reporting bugs like black screen/audio stutter etc. it will get fixed eventually, that's what I was reading in the TwitchTV support Forums.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I send you a PM, but you didn't get it, right? Mobile is somehow broken for me.

In short, streams, who have like thousand of subscribers are working fine, because they are favoured.

However, if your viewers are reporting bugs like black screen/audio stutter etc. it will get fixed eventually, that's what I was reading in the TwitchTV support Forums.

I don't have any new PMs it seems!

Yeah, in looking on their site it appears the "black screen on non-partnered streams via mobile" is a huge issue. Kind of sucks.

Top Bottom