• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Overdoziz

Banned
343, please ban this guy.

jbTKZxWl.jpg

FxZ63I9l.jpg

Second time I've run into him. :/

forrest

formerly nacire
Finally got around to popping this game in and really getting into it. I absolutely love the tone, atmosphere, graphics and everything that 343 has done with the game. I'm really digging the campaign a lot, but haven't delved into the multiplayer yet. I've seen some pretty big halo multiplayer fans griping about Halo 4 quite a bit though, so I'm curious as to what the issues are with the game?

Finally got around to popping this game in and really getting into it. I absolutely love the tone, atmosphere, graphics and everything that 343 has done with the game. I'm really digging the campaign a lot, but haven't delved into the multiplayer yet. I've seen some pretty big halo multiplayer fans griping about Halo 4 quite a bit though, so I'm curious as to what the issues are with the game?

Multiplayer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Issues are dependent on the person. Some love it, some hate it. Make your own judgement. :)

If 343 was a freelance industry with whatever budget they needed for the game itself (with Microsoft in charge of all the supplementary materials like advertising) unbound by the very apparent restrictions of MS with a reasonable 3-4 year timeframe per game, I have a feeling we would have something absolutely magical on our hands.

Right now it's kind of like some fat kid's trying to use Excalibur.

I wonder why they don't update the Halo 3 playlists. How difficult can it be? Shit, just removing some would be an improvement if only to consolidate players.

I wonder why they don't update the Halo 3 playlists. How difficult can it be? Shit, just removing some would be an improvement if only to consolidate players.
They will be at least one matchmaking update or am I wrong?

Because I am in the middle or top of the page, don't forget:
ncsuDuncan said:
Destiny ARG reminder: Day 2's Flood is 2 hours away! (11:00am PST, 2:00pm EST, 7:00pm GMT) Details: http://misriahsolutions.com/arg/ Spread the word!

Well they haven't sorted Halo 3 and Reach out beacause they've only got 300 employees. Do you have any idea of the amount of resources and man power it takes to delete playlists?

They will be at least one matchmaking update or am I wrong?

I must have missed that. It was announced already? People slaving away for hundreds of hours switching up the playlists? So burdened by Halo 4, they can only spare minutes a day making, slowly chipping away at the enormity of such a task? An endeavor so grand that we should all bow our heads and be thankful we get any update at all? A job so important, they could not simply "listen to players" and take their so called "feedback" into consideration? Thank you 343, for gracing us with the knowledge of a possible update.

FyreWulff

Well they haven't sorted Halo 3 and Reach out beacause they've only got 300 employees. Do you have any idea of the amount of resources and man power it takes to delete playlists?

A Delete key that also has "Rebuild", "Cert", "QA", and "Deployment Spinup" buttons that it presses at the same time....

It's clearly not as simple as managing your e-mail, per se, but it is something that had been neglected long enough. Update the playlists for 3 and Reach.

FyreWulff

Playlists need to go through Cert? Wut.

Well, developer internal, not first party.

You're talking about a game that nobody has touched it's lists for running on 3 years now. The only people that built H3 playlist updates that were visible publically either left or still work for Bungie. The last thing that was done to it was the global Recon and Bungie Pro unlocks, but those are separate functionality from the playlists.

We've never seen a Halo update after the next one launches. And that was when Bungie was expanded after Halo 3. Halo 2's last update was right before H3 came out. H3's last update was right before Reach (it had DEXPs that ran after Reach released, but all of those were rigged to turn on/off before Reach came out). Reach's last update was well before H4 came out.

Now we're suddenly jumping to two previous Halo titles being updated after the latest one? That's going to need them to invent a position called Legacy Sustain and get someone invested in legacy support into it and have them work on updates, isolated from the hubbub of the latest title.

Fuchsdh

Well, developer internal, not first party.

You're talking about a game that nobody has touched it's lists for running on 3 years now. The only people that built H3 playlist updates that were visible publically either left or still work for Bungie. The last thing that was done to it was the global Recon and Bungie Pro unlocks, but those are separate functionality from the playlists.

We've never seen a Halo update after the next one launches. And that was when Bungie was expanded after Halo 3. Halo 2's last update was right before H3 came out. H3's last update was right before Reach (it had DEXPs that ran after Reach released, but all of those were rigged to turn on/off before Reach came out). Reach's last update was well before H4 came out.

Now we're suddenly jumping to two previous Halo titles being updated after the latest one? That's going to need them to invent a position called Legacy Sustain and get someone invested in legacy support into it and have them work on updates, isolated from the hubbub of the latest title.

Which I definitely think they should do, but yeah it would require work and doing something most developers never do I sustaining and supporting old titles (Blizzard is one of the few big ones I can think of.)

Dirtbag

I wonder what 343 is doing right now Do they have like 30 people working on H4 while the rest is doing H5 or what.

I'm sure they are gearing up for Halo 5 hard by now. A release every 2-3 years is pretty steep.
This took 5 and its still missing features

Computron

Obligatory "are you telling me they just might be able to do something that they were expected to with no effort to sustain in the first place? Amazing! We should start giving Boy Scouts medals for breathing now!" post

WHAT THE FUCK 343.

Somewhere in a dim, almost-forgotten corner of the Microsoft campus, the dusty old Windows 95 Compaq Presario that's pushing out the Halo 2 server list breathed a sigh of relief.

That's excellent news.

I am getting sick of how the only 'excellent news' to come out of 343 is them changing their mind about something.

Why not change your mind about Halo 4 and shut that POS down instead. :p

Havok

I am getting sick of how the only 'excellent news' to come out of 343 is them changing their mind about something.

Why not change your mind about Halo 4 and shut that POS down instead. :p
In this case, they're doing right by their community in a situation where I can't imagine Microsoft loves the idea of keeping a server running for such a low population (EA sure as hell drops servers at the first sign of trouble). I see where you're coming from, but it sounds like bsangel put a lot of effort into making this happen, and that's something I can definitely respect.

So what's this about Halo Waypoint codes?

Wait, I misunderstood Gui, I thought this was the silentium stuff.... I think.

I'm going to consider the Destiny reveal to be a late birthday present.

Top Bottom