• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Released

I'm not gonna take the time to learn the spawns that way. I'll just pick up on them. First few games I couldn't get more than 5 kills but I started to learn where to shoot and shit. It would probably take me a few days to learn more of the spawns and shit.

My teammate was using a timer, not me. I used to LAN Halo 3 with him back in the day. He's about as good as I am but I don't think he played much Reach and H4. So he just plays H1/H2 on XBC mostly.

It may seem stupid to take the time to learn spawns that way, but it can be really difficult to learn some of the tricks on your own.

Exhibit A:

hangemspawns.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It may seem stupid to take the time to learn spawns that way, but it can be really difficult to learn some of the tricks on your own.

Exhibit A:

No not because it seems stupid but because I don't care enough lol. Thanks for the link though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
XBC Halo 2 is a blast. Not quite as good as 3 imo, but damn fun. Button glitches are still dumb though.

I tried CE, but imput lag ruined it. Definitely going to play again tomorrow.

Omni

I have one more achievement left in Halo 2 Vista... the gametype one.

I've actually been through the entire list of gametypes once (there's a server running for people who want the achievement), but I lagged out and had to re-join again during an Oddball and Territories match... So I guess I have to do them again.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Persona 3/4 if you're into JRPGs at all. If not, then I recommend XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

I tried Persona 3 and it was a bit too slow moving for me, but I'll probably get P4G for my Vita sometime this year. Not really into XCOM

It's hard for me to find interesting new games because I'm a very picky graphics whore and anything that looks interesting I generally pick up ASAP.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I tried Persona 3 and it was a bit too slow moving for me, but I'll probably get P4G for my Vita sometime this year. Not really into XCOM

It's hard for me to find interesting new games because I'm a very picky graphics whore and anything that looks interesting I generally pick up ASAP.

What genre are you in the mood for?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I was thinking I might try H2V on Legendary but I don't really want an FPS. Same goes for the newest BF3 DLC.

Uhh maybe an action/adventure or action RPG. Preferably on PC.

Dishonored, Hitman: Absolution, Darksiders II, ACIII, Sleeping Dogs, or Dragon Age II maybe?

I don't know your tastes lol.

edit: vv Dark Souls would be great as well

So I finally found myself a Xbox and a copy of Halo 4. Yesterday and today I played through the campaign.

I liked it but the narrative needed some fleshing out. The Prometheans were interesting to fight, but generally less interesting than the Covenant. Great performances from Jen Taylor & Steve Downs. Really enjoyed the sticky detonator. Composer was by far my favorite level.

Yup.

Also - dem graphics.

m23

Damn I need to complete Hitman. Only got to the third mission so far. It's a pretty good game so far, just got distracted with other games. Now that Splinter Cell has gone to shit, hopefully Hitman can scratch my stealth itch.

Watch the terminal videos on youtube - fills in most of the blanks.

I watched each terminal as I progressed through the story. The parts that need fleshing out are things like - the Chief being found - why is everyone so blasé about it?, I know who these Covenant are, but nothing is done to explain their background in the game (shouldn't the Chief find out?), shouldn't he be interested in where the Spartan 4's came from, what exactly did Cortana do when the Nuke went off, etc.

Being familiar with the extended fiction I didn't have any issues with the overall narrative, but some little details (more important ones than the ones we got referencing the Forerunner trilogy) would have been nice.

Thanks for the tips. I am a total noob when it comes to creating audio. Audition and Audacity are the few programs I've used, and I don't really know if their the best tools for the job.
Do you have any suggestions that would apply specifically to tasks like making that radio, well, work? Like, how would you go about doing it?

The way I did it was keyframeing curves for things like the song's volume and pan according to the distance, visibility and orientation of the warthog to the player/camera in the video.
Then I tried adding and keyframing a whole rack of various effects, filters and reverbs:

Its pretty tedious, and the result isn't very realistic. I have looked into using 3d software and camera tracking to localize the audio and its volume in stereo, but it still seems like there should be a much easier way of doing it.

Oh man, that video :lol

I'd suggest downloading Mixcraft's trial. Fun fact: you can have a Video Track too! I don't know if exporting video in it is possible, but bare minimum you can have a video streaming through it so you can modify audio along side it, export it in a lossless format, and then just add it in Sony Vegas or whatever you use. A few effects that might help you out here:
-Use an audio track and hit "FX" on its tab on the left
-Go to Acoustica Reverb and use Lo-Fi
-Alternatively, go to Acoustica EQ and use Raver Neighbor and see if they help.
-The FX are customizable but for further depth you can also duplicate the track and have one track with the effect and one without, and mix them for a desired lower-quality effect.

I wish it was more like BF3 in that team mates can't kill people that you're assassinating (and that the actual animation is first person).

Saying that, in Halo 5 I want to see Spartans do cool shit like flips or something. Imagine sprinting up behind someone, melee-ing, then watching your Spartan flip over backwards and snapping the enemy's neck on the way down or something.

Spartans are supposed to be extremely fast and agile and even brutal. It'd be cool to see that in-game.

Agreed. I'd love something like that - think Monty Oum's Spartan stuff but without the inherent "ACTION FIGURES A FIVE YEAR OLD'S PLAYING WITH SUPER SAIYAN AGENT CALIFORNIA BACKFLIPS INTO GOHAN" effect all his animations have. More weighty and less floaty is what I'm looking for, I guess?

Being able to do weapon assassinations would be pretty cool too - knocking their shields out with your knife and finishing them with a Pistol shot, for example.

Omni

Typical assholes, stealing kills while you assassinate someone.

I wish it was more like BF3 in that team mates can't kill people that you're assassinating (and that the actual animation is first person).

Saying that, in Halo 5 I want to see Spartans do cool shit like flips or something. Imagine sprinting up behind someone, melee-ing, then watching your Spartan flip over backwards and snapping the enemy's neck on the way down or something.

Spartans are supposed to be extremely fast and agile and even brutal. It'd be cool to see that in-game.

Cow

Haha I didn't realise what all this infinity challenge was about, I've dropped Davo3000 and Garigraik (rank 6 & 7) multiple times today. Feels good.

Computron

Oh man, that video :lol

I'd suggest downloading Mixcraft's trial. Fun fact: you can have a Video Track too! I don't know if exporting video in it is possible, but bare minimum you can have a video streaming through it so you can modify audio along side it, export it in a lossless format, and then just add it in Sony Vegas or whatever you use. A few effects that might help you out here:
-Use an audio track and hit "FX" on its tab on the left
-Go to Acoustica Reverb and use Lo-Fi
-Alternatively, go to Acoustica EQ and use Raver Neighbor and see if they help.
-The FX are customizable but for further depth you can also duplicate the track and have one track with the effect and one without, and mix them for a desired lower-quality effect.

How about for placing the sound effects in 3d space relative to the camera? is there anything easier than having to play around with pan like i had to do? It would be awesome to have something that could give the right delay between ears and adjust for the sounds being behind of in front of you automatically so that it sounds right. I think all the mixcraft features you mention also exist or have similar components in Adobe Audition.

Top Bottom