• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fracas

#fuckonami
The introduction of new perks can be seen in a number of ways:

a) They are getting their perk fetish out of the way before Halo (5) One. Halo 4 has a declining population, so why not.
b) They are testing these new perks for Halo (5) One.
c) Space Jesus vs Mechs. Guillermo del Toro directing.
d) Perks are now canon, because of nanomachines and ponco wearing space corgies.

ding ding ding

a) They are getting their perk fetish out of the way before Halo (5) One. Halo 4 has a declining population, so why not.
d) Perks are now canon, because of nanomachines and ponco wearing space corgies.

I hope it's a. Please be a. It must be a.

Omni

First halo 5 vidoc: Infinity Slayer 2.0

"We went back and looked at Halo 4... and we saw that yes, we had made some mistakes. So what we did is list all the things that could be better - and we do listen to the feedback - and improved on them in a way that works for both ultra competitive and casual players.

Introducing Infinity Slayer 2.0: We realised that more often than not, people didn't have the opportunity to experience various parts of the sandbox. More experienced players would know where the Banshee spawns, they'd know where the Gauss Hog spawns... and in turn a lot of people missed out. So to counteract this, we're now adding vehicles to your killsteaks! It works for both casual players - because they can experience the full sandbox, finally - and ultra competitive players - because only the best will be able to get 5 kills!"

C is breaking Livechamber NDA you jerk

Halo V: First Look: Viva La Evolution: Infinity Revolved will be the first ViDoc.

Cow

Biggest difference for the release of Halo 5 vs Halo 4: Everyone is a lot more cautious.

Be prepared to be let down.

DLC perks, someone hold me.

e) it was feasible for them to add more perks, they are relatively simple to develop, add variation to the DLC bundle, and are valuable to the current player base.

In the same way The Pit is a selling point to core Halo fans, the ejection perk is a selling point to the 1/3 population that plays big team battle

Also, I just realized that 1/3 of the population plays Big Team Battle.
343 just needs to scrap every competitive playlist bigger than 4v4 and replace it with Battlefield, Halo edition.
Then add playlists of 2-8 player game modes on small arena maps with ranks

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Space Jesus only means more superpowers perks. They should just go 3rd person and try to make a ZoE shooter at this point.

Tawpgun

Hasn't the change to reduce its clip already gone into effect?
1. Can someone confirm this? And have they said when they're adding BR starts to it?

2. That doesn't change the fact that it made it through in the first place. I hear adrift has lasers on it too.

Ghazi

1. Can someone confirm this? And have they said when they're adding BR starts to it?

2. That doesn't change the fact that it made it through in the first place. I hear adrift has lasers on it too.

In the same update that mentioned the reduction of rockets they said they're changing the lasers to snipers.

That doesn't change the fact that lasers were there in the first place.

TheOddOne

Space Jesus only means more superpowers perks. They should just go 3rd person and try to make a ZoE shooter at this point.
C is breaking Livechamber NDA you jerk

Halo V: First Look: Viva La Evolution: Infinity Revolved will be the first ViDoc.
Unsure-Larry-David.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, reposting this from the "free to a good home" thread:

Gamestop just emailed me a 25% off 1 used game coupon. It says it can be used 5 times, so any 5 people that want it, let me know.

Apparently this is some kind of referral thing, so nevermind.

343N

Neo Member
I wonder when this H2V announcement is going to happen. They said june, then july, and it's almost the end of july and we're still waiting.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's pretty much guaranteed at this point, right? Halo games were showing up in the Steam database and GPU driver updates...it can't be a coincidence.

343N

Neo Member
Fun Fact of the day: If you possess a Chief biped that is animated in a cutscene at the start of a level using bump possession and console commands, you will be controlling him when the cutscene ends. However, you can't move, only jump. The reason for this, is yet to be determined

Madness

Those gamer fury tweets at the CoD devs are fucking ridiculous... It's one thing to be passionate about the game, to express disappointment or even anger, but those tweets are too much. Nothing but vitriol, harassment, abuse and death threats not only against devs but their family, and for what? I don't even want to call myself a gamer anymore because I just don't want to associate with these kinds of people. They should really contact the FBI or Law Enforcement, track down the people through IP addresses, contact them or their ISP and send them official warnings at first that violent death threats are against state or federal laws, really scare the shit out of these, and I'm assuming, kids or maybe show the parents just what their kids are using social media for.

willow ve

Those gamer fury tweets at the CoD devs are fucking ridiculous... It's one thing to be passionate about the game, to express disappointment or even anger, but those tweets are too much. Nothing but vitriol, harassment, abuse and death threats not only against devs but their family, and for what? I don't even want to call myself a gamer anymore because I just don't want to associate with these kinds of people. They should really contact the FBI or Law Enforcement, track down the people through IP addresses, contact them or their ISP and send them official warnings at first that violent death threats are against state or federal laws, really scare the shit out of these, and I'm assuming, kids or maybe show the parents just what their kids are using social media for.

Yeah. There is a line and they crossed it. There isn't even an ounce of humour or sarcasm in those tweets - only bald anger and stupidity.

Nowise10

That is one thing Im really thankful for about the Halo community is no one (well, that I've seen) have ever used death threats or harsh insults towards developers. I think I remember one towards BS angel that was really racist a few weeks after Halo 4 came out but that is it really. I don't understand how anyone could ever be that angry over a video game, or honestly, in general. But that is just how people can be sometimes.

Also one thing I like about Halo community on YouTube is they dont use their fanbase to attack others. I tweeted to some popular CoD Youtuber saying he shouldn't be doing something (I honestly forgot what it was), then he tweets out telling his 15,000 followers to dislike and spam my YouTube videos. You would NEVER see that with any popular to semi-popular Halo YouTuber.

I would check haven but my box is in another room and not played since friday night.

Adrift replaced the sniper corners with spartan lasers which IMO like replacing a Scorpion tank with a shitty halo reach Wraith.

Bravo said in the last bulletin that the Rockets would be adjusted on Haven and the Snipers would replace the lasers on Adrift. The fact that this had to be changed in the first place is all I need to keep me away from Halo 4. It's like they're throwing shit against a wall to see what sticks, but the Halo fans are the ones against the wall. No thanks.

willow ve

Bravo said in the last bulletin that the Rockets would be adjusted on Haven and the Snipers would replace the lasers on Adrift. The fact that this had to be changed in the first place is all I need to keep me away from Halo 4. It's like they're throwing shit against a wall to see what sticks, but the Halo fans are the ones against the wall. No thanks.
I wonder how many man hours they have dedicated to the sustain team. I always get the feeling they devote more time to announcing upcoming changes than actually implementing them.

I wonder how many man hours they have dedicated to the sustain team. I always get the feeling they devote more time to announcing upcoming changes than actually implementing them.

Compared to actual game development for the next title(s) it is a far smaller percentage than you'd think. It's like technical support for IT, it's not a profit making part of the business but a necessary service.

Considering the population you really can't knock 343i for their relentless sustain of Halo 4. I think they should be proud of that fact and Halo fans should take that as a tick in the win box somewhat.

Top Bottom