• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Overdoziz

Banned
6D7wb8e.png

Madness

How can anyone even decide which version to get when we haven't heard anything about them? What if Xbox owners get something special for playing so many Halo games/having Halo achievements, what exactly is exclusive on ps4 etc.

The way it's shaping up though, it seems PS4 will be the lead/superior platform.

Nowise10

How can anyone even decide which version to get when we haven't heard anything about them? What if Xbox owners get something special for playing so many Halo games/having Halo achievements, what exactly is exclusive on ps4 etc.

The way it's shaping up though, it seems PS4 will be the lead/superior platform.

I spent so much time on my Xbox gamertag that I dont want to just throw it away because the Ps4 cost $100 less, so I am definitely getting the Xbox.

If I never gamed before I would definitely go with the PS4, its cheaper and has better hardware on the inside. that said both consoles really don't have much different game exclusives. Especially at launch.

FyreWulff

Forgelinks is live

Create an account at www.ftzulu.com and you can create Forgelinks. Since it's the only active part of the site, I just took down the front page and made it entirely focused on this.

It's ugly, but it gets the job done.

Quick tutorial: http://www.ftzulu.com/smf/index.php/topic,205.0.html

Example link that will magically transport you to Waypoint:

http://ftzulu.com/forgelink/6

Background on the 'why' of Forgelinks, if you missed it:
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1185903

I spent so much time on my Xbox gamertag that I dont want to just throw it away because the Ps4 cost $100 less, so I am definitely getting the Xbox.

If I never gamed before I would definitely go with the PS4, its cheaper and has better hardware on the inside. that said both consoles really don't have much different game exclusives. Especially at launch.
I won't be throwing away my gamertag, I'll still have my 360 and I'll still need it to play games online there. I also won't be throwing my money away on a proven disappointment like Kinect.

Booshka

I never got the *throwing away gamertag* comment.

I understand it a bit, it's a part of your gaming history and online identity that you are invested in. I'm glad I still have the simple, "Booshka" gamertag, and every so often I get recognized from another game, a forum or twitch stream, etc. Helps stroke your e-dick a little bit and gets you in on some gaming communities or group of friends that otherwise you probably wouldn't be exposed to.

That being said, I'm not gonna pay for XBL because I want to see some number go up, pledging my allegiance to the MS flag, when I hate most of what they have done the past 3+ years. Not going to buy their next console as well just to maintain that gamertag and legacy. If the console has a ton of shit tied to it I don't like, and the games I want aren't there, or are better on other platforms (PC, possibly PS4), then I have no problem giving it up and moving on.

The possibility of Demon's Souls 2 on PS4, coupled with the fact that it looks like the better, and definitely cheaper console, makes the decision easier. I'm going to stick with PC for a while, but if I do go for a next gen console, it's almost certainly going to be a PS4.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm a doofus and lost all the login info for my original PSN account that had the name Monsterfracas. Just gonna go with Monsterfracas_ for my PSN name, since something like GAF Monsterfracas has too many characters.

My Live account will just be dormant until Xbox One becomes good for me, I guess.

Same here its not easy to forget all my time I spend on those games and I still have some unfinished games on my 360, still I will wait to buy the next xbox till Halo 5 launch.

Nebula

One of the biggest issues Halo 4 has is that the FPS drops so damn low that it makes shooting accurately impossible. Seriously, why push tech that is already past its limit? The game doesn't even look that great considering the sacrifice that was made to its stability.

I hope this issue doesn't pop up near the end of next gen. Hopefully developers see the techs limits and work to keep at least a steady 30FPS. There's no point having a game that runs at less than that.

mo60

One of the biggest issues Halo 4 has is that the FPS drops so damn low that it makes shooting accurately impossible. Seriously, why push tech that is already past its limit? The game doesn't even look that great considering the sacrifice that was made to its stability.

I hope this issue doesn't pop up near the end of next gen. Hopefully developers see the techs limits and work to keep at least a steady 30FPS. There's no point having a game that runs at less than that.

Halo 4 is pretty stable in the framerate department most of the time. Their may be issues in certain parts of the games like spartan ops(because of lag) and splitscreen matchmaking, but it's framerate is fine. Reach had more framerate issues.

Booshka

I hate to advertise this on this site, but there is a major voting contest going on right now on some site.The whole halo franchise is against the final fantasy franchise in this contest. Vote for whatever you like.

http://www.gamespot.com/greatest-game-series/

isnt it for this decade only? cuz Halo was good when it first came out in 2001, then it was terrible.

Final Fantasy was good in the 90's and early 2000's, then nonstop bad since then.

So post 2003, there is no good vote for either Series.

Nebula

Halo 4 is pretty stable in the framerate department most of the time. Their may be issues in certain parts of the games like spartan ops(because of lag) and splitscreen matchmaking, but it's framerate is fine. Reach had more framerate issues.

All BTB maps, Dominion and most definitely Meltdown disagree.

I have played most stuff on 3 different Xbox 360's and can definitely confirm there are issues with framerate stability.

mo60

isnt it for this decade only? cuz Halo was good when it first came out in 2001, then it was terrible.

Final Fantasy was good in the 90's and early 2000's, then nonstop bad since then.

So post 2003, there is no good vote for either Series.

It's from 2003 to 2013 for all franchises.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

I have played most stuff on 3 different Xbox 360's and can definitely confirm there are issues with framerate stability.

Really? I rarely experience noticeable framerate drops on anything other than Spartan Ops or giant Forge maps.

mo60

I barely notice any framerate issues on any matchmaking map incliding forge, but I know that a lot of the forge maps don't work on spiltscreen. Sometimes I notice lag in spartan ops and war games, but that's it.I noticed framerate issues in halo reach sometimes.

Nebula

Really? I rarely experience noticeable framerate drops on anything other than Spartan Ops or giant Forge maps.

Yeah. I get them on my Slim, my friends Arcade, my Brothers new Slim and my old Pro.

Meltdown gives me drops for periods of time, not just when there is a lot of action on screen.

Also I don't play split screen.

Booshka

It's from 2003 to 2013 for all franchises.

Ok so I was right.

Final Fantasy 12 was decent, Halo 2 was decent. Both terrible compared to the good games in their respective franchises.

Best games of decade vote is pretty lol too, Gamespot going for them IGN hits.

CyReN

Anyone have a extra Pax badge for sale by chance? I have a "media passes" for Pax but only the Halo 4 GC part, just found out...

TCKaos

I barely notice any framerate issues on any matchmaking map incliding forge, but I know that a lot of the forge maps don't work on spiltscreen. Sometimes I notice lag in spartan ops and war games, but that's it.I noticed framerate issues in halo reach sometimes.

Some maps just have horrible drops no matter what. Standing in the direct center of Wreckage results in sub 20 frames most of the time even when nothing's happening on the map.

Some maps, regardless of the structure of the actual map, will end up dropping the frame rate for the host but not for the rest of the players. Meltdown, Vortex, and Complex at least suffer from this, dropping to sub 25-20 frames rather often for no visibly discernible reason.

Nebula

Some maps just have horrible drops no matter what. Standing in the direct center of Wreckage results in sub 20 frames most of the time even when nothing's happening on the map.

Some maps, regardless of the structure of the actual map, will end up dropping the frame rate for the host but not for the rest of the players. Meltdown, Vortex, and Complex at least suffer from this, dropping to sub 25-20 frames rather often for no visibly discernible reason.

I do have a decent connection (usually around 50 down 6 up) so I might just be pulling host often then?

Also 343 didn't say it's November but I'm guessing then because it gives people time to buy the champions bundle.

Ghazi

If Halo 4 sales are slowing down, and the game's online community is dying, why don't they just make Halo 4 and maybe the Crimson map pack free. I mean it's not like they'd be losing out on millions of dollars with that decision, and at least their Games with Gold service would have some small semblance with PS+ (their competition that's given out tons of 2012 games already)

Nebula

If Halo 4 sales are slowing down, and the game's online community is dying, why don't they just make Halo 4 and maybe the Crimson map pack free. I mean it's not like they'd be losing out on millions of dollars with that decision, and at least their Games with Gold service would have some small semblance with PS+ (their competition that's given out tons of 2012 games already)

It's like a franchise on repeat. I'm sure plenty of people asked Bungie to do this with 3, and 343 to do it with Reach, just to bring some population back and bring more variety to the game as most people would have at least one map pack.

We got Heroic and then nothing on Reach. It would seriously aid in freshening up the game a bit.

mo60

I barely notice. I can notice framerate drops on reach, but not this game usually.

PNut

Banned
If Halo 4 sales are slowing down, and the game's online community is dying, why don't they just make Halo 4 and maybe the Crimson map pack free.

They could make all the DLC free, unlock all the perks and sales might go up .05%. The champions bundle super map pack still keeping the population at sub 30k.

Once the global championship is over H4 is done. It will be fun to watch though.

After that 343 has some big decisions to make. Bring Halo back to it's true form or build off Halo 4 Infinity garbage that turned off hundreds of thousands of people? 1-50 in game ranks? Arena style 4v4 map focus? Descope and no sprint? Spectator mode?

It seems so simple but I fear they're clueless.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The new maps and gametype are great. Going back to the pit is majorly nostalgic. Have they talked about implementing Ricochet in other maps? (I guess this would be somewhat hard but I supposed they can make some forgeworld maps).

Surprised they added new achievements with them too, did Microsoft drop that 750 gs limit for dlc?

The new maps and gametype are great. Going back to the pit is majorly nostalgic. Have they talked about implementing Ricochet in other maps? (I guess this would be somewhat hard but I supposed they can make some forgeworld maps).

Surprised they added new achievements with them too, did Microsoft drop that 750 gs limit for dlc?

Yeah back when Gears 3 came out. That was 2000 as well

That idle achievement is actually a thing.. I needed ONE MORE SECOND to get the achievement but the other team won the game in under a minute because I was standing still.

343, what are you doing? My constant disappointment is turning into hate. I'm starting to hate this team. Hate. If I was in Pitfall I'd probably cut my eyelids off and drink a couple sleeping pills. Thank you for ruining my Halo experiences with easily avoidable issues. Also thanks for that 15 minute long match of Camo users that never broke 25 kills.

Just.. thanks.

Nebula

That idle achievement is actually a thing.. I needed ONE MORE SECOND to get the achievement but the other team won the game in under a minute because I was standing still.

343, what are you doing? My constant disappointment is turning into hate. I'm starting to hate this team. Hate. If I was in Pitfall I'd probably cut my eyelids off and drink a couple sleeping pills. Thank you for ruining my Halo experiences with easily avoidable issues. Also thanks for that 15 minute long match of Camo users that never broke 25 kills.

Just.. thanks.

This is why multiplayer achievements shouldn't exist. They alter the way the game is played, usually negatively.

Fotos

Just.. thanks.

Damn. I some what agree though.

Destiny looks alright. Not anything special :\ Guess I'll just have to see it for myself.

mo60

j6BuD.gif

You're joking right?

I don;t notice any framerate drops in the campaign or spartan ops. I notice a ton of lag in spartan ops co-op and some lag in war games.I don't notice any framerate drops in war games either.This game pretty much stays at a constant 30fps at least 95%-100% of the time whenever I'm playing..I notice framerate drops in multiple modes in reach.I don't know how you guys are able to detect framerate drops when you play halo 4.Is your halo 4 disc installed.I sometimes notice weird framerate issues with cutscenes in spartan ops, but that it is.

Nebula

I don;t notice any framerate drops in the campaign or spartan ops. I notice a ton of lag in spartan ops and some lag in war games.I don't notice any framerate drops in war games either.This game pretty much stays at a constant 30fps at least 95%-100% of the time whenever I'm playing..I notice framerate drops in multiple modes in reach.

You got a magic Xbox.

Top Bottom