• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fotos

I don;t notice any framerate drops in the campaign or spartan ops. I notice a ton of lag in spartan ops co-op and some lag in war games.I don't notice any framerate drops in war games either.This game pretty much stays at a constant 30fps at least 95%-100% of the time whenever I'm playing..I notice framerate drops in multiple modes in reach.I don't know how you guys are able to detect framerate drops when you play halo 4.Is your halo 4 disc installed.I sometimes notice weird framerate issues with cutscenes in spartan ops, but that it is.

Same, I never get low frames.

Gordon

FR? Vortex - every time. I spawn in the back corner and watch a banshee blip by quite regularly. Skybox elements are brutal - you might not notice if you're focusing on infantry, but trying to put shots on anything above your levelled-sights FoV is problematic on several maps, under the right conditions. It's not as drastic as Reach, but it's still frustrating.

Striker

There may be framerate drops at times, but it is not usually noticeable.Reach's framerate drops are a lot more noticeable.
Happened fairly frequently for me in Exile. The center capture point in Dominion would get weapon drops and turrets going off, it gets all crazy and awful.

Forge World was the issue in Reach; so 343 goes off and releases loads of FW maps in MM.

Gui_PT

Nuoh my god I just accidentally saw this episode

Jimbo.jpg

Doez dis mean Halo is still cool?

IHaveIce

Banned
People who can't see framerate drops in Halo 4 are probably blind, dont judge them.

The google doc for destiny is empty. Was that Overs work?

I wanted to put in PC.

FyreWulff

It was known through testing maps that not all 360s drop frames in the same places. My own Xbox would drop frames looking a certain way in an empty Asylum, my brother's Xbox didn't. My Xbox never hitched when Cragmire had the scorpions on it, some people had 5fps games. etc etc. Also, different people have different sensitivity to framrate

Consoles!

If Halo 4 sales are slowing down, and the game's online community is dying, why don't they just make Halo 4 and maybe the Crimson map pack free. I mean it's not like they'd be losing out on millions of dollars with that decision, and at least their Games with Gold service would have some small semblance with PS+ (their competition that's given out tons of 2012 games already)

They're still charging full price for H3's last DLC and all of Reach's DLC, I expect any Halo 4 DLC getting reduced to be around the time Hell needs to install space heaters

The new maps and gametype are great. Going back to the pit is majorly nostalgic. Have they talked about implementing Ricochet in other maps? (I guess this would be somewhat hard but I supposed they can make some forgeworld maps).

Surprised they added new achievements with them too, did Microsoft drop that 750 gs limit for dlc?

Why is it that whenever someone slrps in these threads its always from new posters who never post here?

Nowise10

Ricochet is the only thing making me come back to play Halo 4. Its a really good gametype and Im glad they made it, not lets hope they are smart enough and put it into Halo 5. Without also ruining it somehow.

Fuchsdh

This. This might be the best map pack.

Eh still prefer Majestic, but Vertigo is really growing on me. It's excellent for two-site Extraction and the breakers or whatever they're called walk the fine line between being gimmicky/useless and overpowered/overused.

Ricochet is the only thing making me come back to play Halo 4. Its a really good gametype and Im glad they made it, not lets hope they are smart enough and put it into Halo 5. Without also ruining it somehow.

I would definitely like it back too. Ricochet and the (now-fixed) Dominion are excellent additions.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Why is it that whenever someone slrps in these threads its always from new posters who never post here?

I have no idea what that means... slurping? Does that mean sucking up or something?

Is it wrong to enjoy Halo 4 in this thread? I've posted here a couple of times (generally when a new dlc pack comes out) but it really feels like most people don't like it based on the discussions i've seen. Is that still the case? I thought they released that balancing patch that addressed a few concerns (Hate how they messed with some of the playlists though).

heckfu

Banned
I have no idea what that means... slurping? Does that mean sucking up or something?

Is it wrong to enjoy Halo 4 in this thread? I've posted here a couple of times (generally when a new dlc pack comes out) but it really feels like most people don't like it based on the discussions i've seen. Is that still the case? I thought they released that balancing patch that addressed a few concerns (Hate how they messed with some of the playlists though).

Don't mind him. He's grumpy because he's currently unemployed and playing Diablo all day.

daedalius

That idle achievement is actually a thing.. I needed ONE MORE SECOND to get the achievement but the other team won the game in under a minute because I was standing still.

343, what are you doing? My constant disappointment is turning into hate. I'm starting to hate this team. Hate. If I was in Pitfall I'd probably cut my eyelids off and drink a couple sleeping pills. Thank you for ruining my Halo experiences with easily avoidable issues. Also thanks for that 15 minute long match of Camo users that never broke 25 kills.

Just.. thanks.

Maybe you should consider doing something else?

Just a thought.

You're joking right?

He must be, since frame lag is like, a nightly occurrence; especially on some maps.

I get a lot of frame drops on Dispatch especially.

I quite enjoy playing the pit with a BR - halo 4 has come a long way and it doesn't suck as much as it used to.

Compared to a real halo game though its still not a great game.

So if I cancel my X1 preorder tomorrow at GameStop, they'll return the money I have already paid toward it to my debit card, right?

Can't afford this thing right now. It blows.

I'm thinking I'll just buy it whenever TitanFall comes out. I should be good by then.

Crossposting from Halo 4 OT. like / comment / subscribe!!!

It's that time of the month again! Tried working out a new playlisting based on what we know. Couple of things:

-Unless otherwise specified, gametypes are normalized to feature "Slayer Pro" settings - preset loadouts featuring all ranged precision weapons.
-Slayer Pro now features a 25M to 40M motion tracker across the board.
-Legendary Slayer does not feature a motion tracker.
-Legendary Slayer is modified to feature either BR / AR starts or Magnum / AR starts.
-Playlists are made taking into account three potential voting options.
-Playlists are designed to be an extension of the current ones, which may result in a larger playlist yield than expected.

Gametype listing:

Slayer
Oddball
Capture the Flag
King of the Hill
Dominion
Extraction
Grifball
Ricochet
Regicide
Flood

6-Way FFA. Rumble Pit.
-Option 1: Slayer Pro
-Option 2: Legendary Slayer / Infinity Slayer
-Option 3: King of the Hill / Oddball / Ricochet

6-Way 2v2. Multi Team.
-Option 1: Slayer Pro
-Option 2: Infinity Slayer / Team SWAT
-Option 3: King of the Hill / Regicide

4v4. Team Slayer. Legendary Slayer / Slayer Pro / Infinity Slayer

Team Tactical. SWAT / Snipers / Shotty Snipers

5v5. Team Objective. Capture the Flag / Infinity CTF / Regicide

Team Control. Oddball / Grifball / Ricochet

8v8. Big Team Slayer. Legendary Slayer / Slayer Pro / Infinity Slayer

Big Team Skirmish. Capture the Flag / Extraction / Lockdown*

Varies. Double EXP.
-Alternates between Flood and Action Sack weekly.
-In the event of new maps, this will temporarily become a Community Cartographers playlist.

Varies. Double EXP DLC.
-Features new / trending DLC, such as the Champion's Bundle.
-Two weeks after the release of new DLC, the playlist will alternate between past DLC playlists on a weekly basis.

Final count: 10 Playlists

*Lockdown is a modified Dominion variant currently in the Matchmaking rotation.

SWAT not in its own playlist?

It's had its own playlist since Halo 2, why would it suddenly be consolidated into another? It is consistently one of the Top-3 playlists at almost all times. I can't see that one merged into one with Snipers. Plus snipers blow. Some people play Halo 4 almost exclusively for SWAT. Why ruin it for those guys?

SWAT not in its own playlist?

It's had its own playlist since Halo 2, why would it suddenly be consolidated into another? It is consistently one of the Top-3 playlists at almost all times. I can't see that one merged into one with Snipers. Plus snipers blow. Some people play Halo 4 almost exclusively for SWAT. Why ruin it for those guys?

because not all of us want 18 playlists full of shit to sift through. if it's popular enough, put it first in the listing and let the people decide for the gametype itself. we can even add a big "SWAT IS IN HERE GUYS" banner to the playlist thumbnail!

WmDaCsi.gif

I'm zen as fuck.

Just chilling slaying some demons.

Diablo peaks higher than Halo 4.

^Wahrer thats terrible. Delete it all and start again.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I quite enjoy playing the pit with a BR - halo 4 has come a long way and it doesn't suck as much as it used to.

Compared to a real halo game though its still not a great game.

I know i'm probably going to light a fire here for asking but what are the qualities of a "real halo game" that this one lacks? I've been playing Halo online since 3
there goes my reputation
and with each installment it feels like it's gotten better and better. Halo 4 currently being my favorite based on the really fun variety that is infinity matchmaking. I see people constantly talking about how it's dead but I still find games just fine with people of varying skill (unlike reach which is absolute balls now).

Is it because Bungie is no longer at the helm? I don't get this mentality.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I know i'm probably going to light a fire here for asking but what are the qualities of a "real halo game" that this one lacks? I've been playing Halo online since 3
there goes my reputation
and with each installment it feels like it's gotten better and better. Halo 4 currently being my favorite based on the really fun variety that is infinity matchmaking. I see people constantly talking about how it's dead but I still find games just fine with people of varying skill (unlike reach which is absolute balls now).

In CE-3, everyone started out with the same weapons, number of grenades with no advantage other then the map. In Reach and 4, a bunch of stuff was added that makes it impossible to tell what weapon, AA, etc your opponent has, what Ordnance is going to drop, which makes gameplay more random. While it is still fun and perhaps even more fun to some, to many older fans, it just doesn't feel the same as previous games where the better man wins. Now, it's whoever's luckier that wins.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yeah, I guess. I'm just trying to rationalize it though, it doesn't really make sense.

Posting it again for the new page in case you didn't see it.

In CE-3, everyone started out with the same weapons, number of grenades with no advantage other then the map. In Reach and 4, a bunch of stuff was added that makes it impossible to tell what weapon, AA, etc your opponent has, what Ordnance is going to drop, which makes gameplay more random. While it is still fun and perhaps even more fun to some, to many older fans, it just doesn't feel the same as previous games where the better man wins. Now, it's whoever's luckier that wins.

there goes my reputation

"Really?"

Top Bottom