• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Nebula

Well that's not great news really is it. We get new perks and then legendary slayer gets dropped.

Think it's time we all jumped ship. Leave this thread to Speedy.

we always come back

Perks. That's all anyone had to say. Perks make bullshit AA's worse. They make the playing field totally unbalanced. One guy may have unlimited, explosive grenades. Another person might be able to have his bullshit AA cooldown be less. This other guy seems to grab all the ordinaces faster and another guy got shot with a rockets while in a hog but seemed to jump out of it.

See?

That's not fuckin Halo.

Well that's not great news really is it. We get new perks and then legendary slayer gets dropped.

Think it's time we all jumped ship. Leave this thread to Speedy.

we always come back

Dude Speedy's been gone, he went and made his own separate web forum for himself, his avatar, and his MS co-workers.

Huh?

Anyways, guys is the Champion DLC worth rebuying Halo 4 and buying the DLC? Too be honest, haven't played Halo in a while and I kind of miss it. Just kind of, Saints Row IV is so good.

J10

Banned
The difference between picking up rockets on map and having a Incinerator Cannon shipped to your spartan by Amazon via the Infinity is 3 concepts:

- Map Control
- Weapon Balancing
- Weapon Loops

Ex: To get Sniper on a map, you usually to control the middle of the map. The trade off is that you are exposed out in mid, while the other team could easily re-fortify in their base with their base BRs or Carbines.

Second, the Sniper is in the worst place to use it, out in an open field with no cover. This balances the weapon by virtue of it's placement and goes hand in hand with the next concept. You have to control the map, then acquire the gun and then take it, under fire, to the best part of the map to use it.

This is where the Weapon Loop comes in. A weapon loop is the loop between the weapon's spawn and the best place to use it. The only way to resupply the weapon (usually) is via the weapon loop, so there's a risk every time you wish to get more ammo. This controls sniping by forcing the sniper to re-supply. While sniper resupplies, this is the time for the opposing team to push and kill the sniper or lock down that part of the map so much you force the sniper to stay at base with an empty snipe, making them go a man down just to keep you from getting snipe, or force him to swap weapons, which will give you a chance to pick up a respawning sniper.

Halo 4 doesn't have a weapon loop, map control, or any balancing of where a weapon can be acquired. You pick a good spot to kill from, then you are literally handed weapons that are incrementally better and better at killing from this spot. Kill a bunch of people with the incinerator, get rewarded with another incinerator directly dropped to your spot, or slap on a perk that gives you more ammo for it, and you have endless killing with no risk and no incentive to play the map. If someone kills you, you'll spawn right next to your teammates with the changes they made to the spawn system, pick your weapon right back up, and start incinerating again.

I'd love to see the multiplayer designer respond to this.

Is it true? They are removing Legendary Slayer? What happened to "considering" BR starts?

Halo is just CoD in space now.

Lengendary BRs is going into the Infinity Slayer playlist.

aM1wwLM_460sa.gif

Poor gametye, I kinda like it, Im still confused why they didnt added the BR as a option or at least the pistol after its launch.

aM1wwLM_460sa.gif

Poor gametye, I kinda like it, Im still confused why they didnt added the BR as a option or at least the pistol after its launch.
"Not enough time & resources." Good thing they didn't scrap it.

Bravo questioned the topic regarding fans wanting Classic Halo, he said what is classic halo? Do they mean CE, 2, 3?

Why not implement the similar settings used in Reach's Classics &/or Anniversary gametype as a template and go from there?

nillapuddin

So.. Spartan Assault Controller support, If I knew it would work with an Xbox One controller upon ship, then I would be okay with it taking a bit longer

But since thats not true, this is really freaking disappointing, I hate having to tell Halo fans I know to go ahead and pass on the game, because its just not worth it.

I wanted so badly for that game to be a success, it just has so many shortcomings.

I stopped playing half way through, reason being to wait for controller so I could finish it in comfort, but this wait is getting ridiculous

Tawpgun

Holy wow, the decisions still being made in this game are mind-boggling.

Here's to hoping for a completely different mindset with everything about Halo 5.
Mind boggling indeed. I'm genuinely curious for their reasonings with some of these decisions. I really wanna know the thought process.

FyreWulff

Hired Gun bumped Halo 2 PC up to 60fps. I think. I swear it runs at 60fps.

You could make Halo 1 redraw at 60fps, but the animations still ran at 30fps.

Top Bottom