• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fracas

#fuckonami
idip93z3LeAvz.gif

Omni

ooops. Posted wrong .gif :lol
on mobile and didn't wait for it to load. Could have been a LOT worse

So Halo on PC. Is it any more likely than it was several months ago?
I'm going to answer the Halo related package updates. We ran a full update yesterday, and this caused many packages to update at same time, because Valve marked them as developer packages (DevComp), so it hides real package name and they appear as "Steam Sub %%%%". Some changes can be seen on the history page.

TL;DR: Valve's responsible for updating these packages, not developers. Halo was dead, still is.

Oh. :(

IHaveIce

Banned
ooops. Posted wrong .gif :lol
on mobile and didn't wait for it to load. Could have been a LOT worse

So Halo on PC. Is it any more likely than it was several months ago?

Oh. :(
:/ damn this is the only thing that could make Halo be moee relevant again in terms of online population and accessibility.
Fuck Halo 5 and all spin offs. Give me the original trilogy on steam with mod support and servers

I've played probably 20-30 DLC games, and have gotten Vertigo only 2-3 times.

One of them was two site Extraction, and I camped that Extraction point as hard as I could with a shotgun. Scrubs on the other team just kept charging from the same side, I didn't even have to hardly move. Got a frenzy in about 20 seconds.

And Ricochet, while lots of fun with an organized team, can be an absolute nightmare playing with randies. I had guys sitting underneath sword spawn waiting for the other team to drop down when the damn ball and their entire team were at rockets. I also had two guys up in the sniper towers trying to snipe the other side, not even watching for the ball, when there was not a single person in the far tower.

Frustrating.

While I really like both maps, I'd say they're probably in the Top-5 to Top-10 range. Still a few maps that edge them out, IMO.

Oh my at that GIF at the top of the page. :|

I only just noticed how many Halo fans I have at my school, so many projects in my graphics and screen printing class are Halo related. Honestly the art and art style for Halo lends itself so nicely to be used creatively in most situations.

TCKaos

I've played probably 20-30 DLC games, and have gotten Vertigo only 2-3 times.

One of them was two site Extraction, and I camped that Extraction point as hard as I could with a shotgun. Scrubs on the other team just kept charging from the same side, I didn't even have to hardly move. Got a frenzy in about 20 seconds.

And Ricochet, while lots of fun with an organized team, can be an absolute nightmare playing with randies. I had guys sitting underneath sword spawn waiting for the other team to drop down when the damn ball and their entire team were at rockets. I also had two guys up in the sniper towers trying to snipe the other side, not even watching for the ball, when there was not a single person in the far tower.

Frustrating.

While I really like both maps, I'd say they're probably in the Top-5 to Top-10 range. Still a few maps that edge them out, IMO.

Welcome to Halo matchmaking. How may I take your order?

But yeah, Vertigo doesn't show up terribly too much even though it pretty much always has the front spot. It's a fairly decent map, actually. Better than the launch maps by a long shot. The EMP machines are actually pretty neat and are a nice return to the interactivity of Halo 2's maps.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Decided to play halo 4 with a friend today....you know what we played for 2h and I had fun. Maybe a break was all I needed

Nowise10

Decided to play halo 4 with a friend today....you know what we played for 2h and I had fun. Maybe a break was all I needed

Ricochet is good fun. Fun for a casual player and fun for a competitive player. I love it.

Pretty much everything else though is still bad.

also CTF on the Pit is good. 5 points is still too much for a CTF game though.

Lol what the hell is he doing?

licksss.gif

Ricochet is good fun. Fun for a casual player and fun for a competitive player. I love it.

Agreed on both. 5 caps feels like too much in most of the CTF games I play, same with Extraction. I'll never understand the fascination of 15 minute games in Halo, like 100 kill BTB in Halo 3, Reach and 4 (should be 75 for standard/classic, 100 for Infinity/Heavies IMO). 15 minute Slayer games on Sandtrap or just about anything in Reach were unbearable..

Put babby in my belly.

Yo no need to be douchey, I dont know pc stuff that well.

Thus why I said how the flip does it mean it magically can get those settings.
I'm sorry, I thought you were just being flippant and contrary, but maybe you actually don't know.

PC games have to accommodate a wide range of different specs, unlike consoles where everyone has the same machine. Because of this, PC games usually have a variety of different video settings to tweak the performance of a game for your machine. Changing the rendering resolution and having an uncapped framerate is the bare minimum when it comes to video settings, it's extremely rare these days for a PC game to not have those settings. The PC port of Dark Souls was lambasted because it locked the internal rendering resolution to 720p and capped the framerate at 30, and even then the community was able to fix those issues eventually. The only other game I can think of in recent years that's had a capped framerate is LA Noire, and again, there's a fix for that made by the community.

Wait, my shit post got deleted?

I feel like that dude in your favorite shonen manga that's invincible except the protagonist somehow managed to make me bleed and the rest of the chapter is just me trying to fruitlessly defeat him even though he's the chosen one.

OverHeat

« generous god »

Pretty much everything else though is still bad.

We played some infinity slayer...his choice :p

Obscured

Seeing that Halo 4 GOTY thread reminded me just how much you guys hate this game. Not that I want to dwell on that, but what is it that everyone is playing that scratches that FPS itch?

(Disclaimer: I like Halo 4, but I like all of them and enjoy a variety of shooters. This isn't a post about how I love 4 and you should too or how I hate 4 and you should too, just figured if you guys aren't playing that maybe you've found other cool stuff to play that maybe I'm not aware of. )

Fracas

#fuckonami
Seeing that Halo 4 GOTY thread reminded me just how much you guys hate this game. Not that I want to dwell on that, but what is it that everyone is playing that scratches that FPS itch?

(Disclaimer: I like Halo 4, but I like all of them and enjoy a variety of shooters. This isn't a post about how I love 4 and you should too or how I hate 4 and you should too, just figured if you guys aren't playing that maybe you've found other cool stuff to play that maybe I'm not aware of. )

I haven't really played many games in the last couple months. Pretty much just biding my time for PS4.

Top Bottom