• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Seeing that Halo 4 GOTY thread reminded me just how much you guys hate this game. Not that I want to dwell on that, but what is it that everyone is playing that scratches that FPS itch?

(Disclaimer: I like Halo 4, but I like all of them and enjoy a variety of shooters. This isn't a post about how I love 4 and you should too or how I hate 4 and you should too, just figured if you guys aren't playing that maybe you've found other cool stuff to play that maybe I'm not aware of. )

I stopped working at 314 industries and went on to found a premiere video game company that doesn't exist. We're making the game of the century.

It would be nice if they had pushed that GOTY edition back and got it working on Xbox One but nah I own like 85% of the dlc anyway only missing the champion bundle but I have zero interest in replaying it. Just wasting time till the Xbone now. Forza 4, Fifa 13, BF3 and some CoD4 and MW2 turned into a super dudebro but its experiences I missed out on most of this gen because I sunk so much time into sleepers hits, gamer games and b-grade trash.

It would be nice if they had pushed that GOTY edition back and got it working on Xbox One but nah I own like 85% of the dlc anyway only missing the champion bundle but I have zero interest in replaying it. Just wasting time till the Xbone now. Forza 4, Fifa 13, BF3 and some CoD4 and MW2 turned into a super dudebro but its experiences I missed out on most of this gen because I sunk so much time into sleepers hits, gamer games and b-grade trash.

I am sure MS will sell all the Halo games and other titles on the xbl marketplace for xbox one.

Obscured

I'm still playing Halo 4, but also spending time trying to clear my backlog out. Mass Effect 3 MP, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, Red Dead Redemption, Arkham City and even though the free with gold games have been getting crap for being older ones there are a few that I haven't touched so going through those as well. There have been rumblings that the launch line-up for XB1 and PS4 are crappy, but I'm already seeing enough to keep me occupied. I would have liked to see that Oct rumor come true for the PS4 launch, but I'm fine with it being a little further out.

Madness

Frank, just give me an Xbox One version of Halo 4 so I can keep playing it pls.

Didn't you say you stopped playing it for months?

Let's be honest here, with GTA V soon, Battlefield 4, CoD:Ghosts for next gen/current gen, don't think many people will be wanting to play Halo 4.

Itll be such a huge flop/waste of a release. It just makes no sense to re-release Halo 4 for Xbox One especially with this new 'complete' edition for Xbox 360.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Let's be honest here, with GTA V soon, Battlefield 4, CoD:Ghosts for next gen/current gen, don't think many people will be wanting to play Halo 4.

Itll be such a huge flop/waste of a release. It just makes no sense to re-release Halo 4 for Xbox One especially with this new 'complete' edition for Xbox 360.

I did, but I always get game fatigue that comes and goes. I'll stop playing for a few months then all of the sudden get a huge urge to play. Happens with Halo, CoD, etc. I got back into Halo for the DLC and am enjoying it. I assume sometime before Halo One I'll want to play more but won't want to re-hook all my 360 stuff back up.

Fuchsdh

Eh it won't make a difference to me since I'm prolly like many here--won't be getting a Xbox One until around when the next Halo drops. But it does seem odd to not have your primary franchise playable on your new console.

Ghazi

Speaking of school, I was talking to a group of people in college Algebra class and they ALL said that they prefer Halo 4 to all the other entries in the series. I was so pissed, I don't think anyone my age has even played a Halo game pre-reach, someone was bagging on Halo CE campaign; "too boring and clunky" were his exact words if I recall correctly.

Seriously, I don't understand why this is happening.

idip93z3LeAvz.gif

Also, I remember having this post open today when I connected my iPad to the projector for a presentation. The principle had a good discussion with me about that.

Speaking of school, I was talking to a group of people in college Algebra class and they ALL said that they prefer Halo 4 to all the other entries in the series. I was so pissed, I don't think anyone my age has even played a Halo game pre-reach, someone was bagging on Halo CE campaign; "too boring and clunky" were his exact words if I recall correctly.

Seriously, I don't understand why this is happening.

Also, I remember having this post open today when I connected my iPad to the projector for a presentation. The principle had a good discussion with me about that.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking.

Speaking of clunky, can someone explain to me why the host need to authorize my ability to sprint after each respawn in Halo 4? I just played a King of the Hill match in the Multi-Team hopper and I couldn't sprint for the first couple of seconds after respawn. So tired of the connection-related bullshit in this game.

Ghazi

How did this discussion go?

It was extremely awkward. I had to explain to him what NeoGAF was, why that post was there (I had to show him your earlier banter), and then that was that. He just thought it was some really inappropriate site or something.

I didn't get in much trouble other than being told to double check what was open on the screen when I connect it to a projector. The class broke out laughing when they saw it.

I audibly groaned when I opened it to that gif, shit's embarrassing bro.

I'm two years older and most of my friends are the same way unfortunately
Sucks man :(
Interesting. I could see why they didn't like it. This new gen likes fast games,unlocking stuff,etc mainly COD of course. You are one of the rare one's that sees quality.
They're all into Fifa, CoD, Madden, and iPhone games. Personally I hate the crap in modern shooters, I think this stems from Halo 2 being the first game I ever played and then CE shortly afterwards.

If all these people like Halo 4, why don't they play it? It is, by far, my least favorite Halo game and I play it more than all of them combined.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
Seeing that Halo 4 GOTY thread reminded me just how much you guys hate this game. Not that I want to dwell on that, but what is it that everyone is playing that scratches that FPS itch?

(Disclaimer: I like Halo 4, but I like all of them and enjoy a variety of shooters. This isn't a post about how I love 4 and you should too or how I hate 4 and you should too, just figured if you guys aren't playing that maybe you've found other cool stuff to play that maybe I'm not aware of. )

Quake Live.

http://youtu.be/G7nPn6KsgGo?t=11m40s

Closest thing you'll find to traditional Halo although its faster and more difficult than any of the Halo series.

Nebula

I don't have a general First Person Shooter itch. I have a Halo itch and it drives me nuts. I can't scratch it unless I play a Halo game. Halo 3 takes far to long to get me into a game, and that game is usually a yellow bar fest. Halo Reach just down right sucks and 4 drives me to insanity.

I haven't been playing my Xbox anywhere near as much as I used to. Guess I'm waiting to see what happens after Next Gen launches and then I can decide to throw my money at a PC or not.

Fuchsdh

I don't have a general First Person Shooter itch. I have a Halo itch and it drives me nuts. I can't scratch it unless I play a Halo game. Halo 3 takes far to long to get me into a game, and that game is usually a yellow bar fest. Halo Reach just down right sucks and 4 drives me to insanity.

I haven't been playing my Xbox anywhere near as much as I used to. Guess I'm waiting to see what happens after Next Gen launches and then I can decide to throw my money at a PC or not.

I prescribe as many LANs as you are able.

Nebula

Murder Miners is probably the closest thing to traditional Halo right now. That, or Halo 3.

I enjoyed some Murder Miners over the weekend. Liking that some classic maps are in MM now and the way the sword works is pretty cool. Also BR.

Literally no one I know plays Halo anymore. They all fucked off when Reach came about.

Madness

Literally same boat. Have a Halo itch that hasn't been scratched really since 2011. Reach, even with its flaws, I still had a good time till well into the transition. I think it around the time CEA launched with the new playlist that a lot of my friends just stopped playing, post release support was weird. BTB basically became heavies.

Halo 4, I was the only guy I knew still playing it past December 2012. Literally all my Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach friends stopped playing after the first month. I've just utterly stopped playing. Was somewhat excited for the Pit to return when I read about it, but the new perks showed it's just not for me. Not going to spend any more money/supporting this version of Halo.

I was so happy to hear Halo 3 would be free. Would be able to get matches quickly again and yet turned out to be a crapshoot.

Nebula

I was so happy to hear Halo 3 would be free. Would be able to get matches quickly again and yet turned out to be a crapshoot.

I still believe this was only said to see what interest people had in it, and we ended up seeing The Pit on Halo 4.

Still think we will see Halo 3, but in November because MS can't really afford to be going back on something like releasing a game for free without further damaging their rep.

Fuchsdh

I remember enjoying UT back in the day when I played it at my cousin's house, but as soon as I started playing Halo I dropped it hard. On occasion I've played Urban Terror since but Halo's simply the right-paced shooter for me.

Ghazi

Same age and everyone I know hates Halo because "It's unrealistic" yet they play Cod.

It's a shame.
Yep. Exactly how I feel.
That game is so good. I'll bet people are still playing it.

I'm not sure how UT3 managed to crash and burn so spectacularly coming off that pedigree.

Well, teenagers are pretty fucking stupid overall.

I now have the image of a bunch of teenagers stealing Daedalius's artwork and him shaking his fists on his lawn shouting "you rotten kids" as they run away.

Top Bottom