• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Same age and everyone I know hates Halo because "It's unrealistic" yet they play Cod.

It's a shame.

I've seen it all since i am older by some years. That seems to be the case when i observe and ask people. I also ask myself what happened to all those Halo fans then, 343 should know.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
Murder Miners is probably the closest thing to traditional Halo right now. That, or Halo 3 and MLG Reach.

Everything in Halo Reach is absolutely awful whatever settings you apply, they noobified everything especially by adding more auto aim and making the DMR a hitscan weapon.

From what I've seen murder miners has sprint which for me ruins Halo.

Old article but don't forget!

Bungie May Return To Halo, One Day

"You know, it might be premature to say we'll never ever, ever make a Halo game again" Bungie's Brian Jarrard told CVG. "We sort of have a little special place for Halo in our hearts. But for the foreseeable future, this [Halo Reach] is it."P

Conspiracy time. What if the reason Halo xbox one is not called Halo 5 was because it's a spinoff with the chief. Then E3 2016 they reveal Halo 5 by Bungie.

daedalius

Is it though?

Anything that is 'fun' for someone, might be misery for someone else.

So yes, the fun-ness of a thing, even if its halo 4 which we all hate so much, is still subjective.

That said, is Quake Live way more skill based than Halo 4? I'd say probably yes.

FYC

Banned
Quake Live isn't that fun.

iba5F1DudYG2x6.gif

I never have any problems finding games in Europe. It needs a new release to attract new gamers and a couple of big money competitions to try and create a bigger competitive scene like LoL, Dota, CS etc have.

Yeah. I'd love to see it rival LoL numbers. A man can dream.

Everything in Halo Reach is absolutely awful whatever settings you apply, they noobified everything especially by adding more auto aim and making the DMR a hitscan weapon.

From what I've seen murder miners has sprint which for me ruins Halo.
Yeah that's fine, but I'd still say they're closer to "traditional" Halo (which I assume means Halo 1-3 style) than Quake Live is.

Fotos

If Halo 5 doesn't live up to expectations than Metal Gear Solid may take its place as my favorite game series. Weird to think that since Halo has been my favorite for over 10 years.

Fracas

#fuckonami

"You know, it might be premature to say we'll never ever, ever make a Halo game again" Bungie's Brian Jarrard told CVG. "We sort of have a little special place for Halo in our hearts. But for the foreseeable future, this [Halo Reach] is it."P

Conspiracy time. What if the reason Halo xbox one is not called Halo 5 was because it's a spinoff with the chief. Then E3 2016 they reveal Halo 5 by Bungie.

Not in a million years.

TheOddOne

*Sign* It's that day of the week again where people come in and ask the dumbest questions ever imaginable and state the obvious. Every week like clockwork.

Juices fire these people and send them to the pits of OMG IT'S SO PRETTY BUT LIFELESS VIDYA GAMES threads.

Nebula

Highly doubt they would. Especially if Destiny takes off.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How long will Ricochet be stuck behind the new DLC paywall? It sounds really fun, but I don't want the new DLC stuff.

Mix

Working on my first Destiny Video. It's yet another analysis of the ViDoc. So, if you want to listen to me nerdgams about something awesome, hit my inbox up and I'll link it to you. or if I should just put it in here let me know.

GhaleonEB

What happened to him? Is he not with Bungie anymore?

He left Bungie several years ago, not sure what he's up to lately. Last I recall was a post from Urk saying he was spending a lot of time with family. Probably enjoying being out of the spotlight, I'd imagine.

1) I think that was Brian politely dancing around the question.

2) Since that interview Bungie signed a 10-year development deal for Destiny, which is their sole focus for now.

I think they were ready to be done with Halo; the folks that really loved it and wanted to make more went to 343.

Obscured

Quake Live.

http://youtu.be/G7nPn6KsgGo?t=11m40s

Closest thing you'll find to traditional Halo although its faster and more difficult than any of the Halo series.

Thanks, I keep forgetting about this and have always meant to check it out. I'm not necessarily looking for just a classic halo-like experience but that is good to know. I'm actually not much of a fan of the art style, but gameplay looks fun, been a while since I've done this fast-paced. Can't wait to be destroyed mercilessly.

It's updating the game content now. Firefox and Chrome gave me fits but looks like I have it figured out now. I was checking out Blacklight Retribution which looks kind of interesting. My pc gaming setup is currently less than ideal (running parallels on a macbook pro), but it is enough to get an idea, though I'll probably figure out a way to have something decent in the not too distant future.

BREAKING: other gaffers legitimately want to just play Infinity.

In Halo 4, I want to play a certain game type on a certain map, let me be able to do that.

My favorite is selecting "big team infinity slayer" and when it comes time to vote, one of the options is plain old "big team slayer"

Tawpgun

How long will Ricochet be stuck behind the new DLC paywall? It sounds really fun, but I don't want the new DLC stuff.
I was thinking the same thing. But then you realize it's impossible to get 8 friends on to play a game, and so far pitfall is the only ricochet map and the Dlc playlist is the only way to play it.

Karl2177

Even though it is more than likely just being nice PR-wise, let's take an even longer shot here. What if all of the Steam Halo stuff is actually from Bungie?

belushy

Banned
So I'm wondering if Twitch misunderstood when 343/Microsoft told them "new DLC" and they really meant the GOTY. Weird if they announce a new DLC, but only include Map pass maps + Champions Bundle.

m23

Have they added a BR option to legendary slayer yet? I've been playing Reach Anniversary past few weeks so I'm kind of out of the loop.

Tawpgun

Aw fuck.

I just realized I wasted money on the new Dlc. I bought it for ricochet only to find out its getting its own playlist soon.

Got shit on.

FYC

Banned
Thanks, I keep forgetting about this and have always meant to check it out. I'm not necessarily looking for just a classic halo-like experience but that is good to know. I'm actually not much of a fan of the art style, but gameplay looks fun, been a while since I've done this fast-paced. Can't wait to be destroyed mercilessly.

It's updating the game content now. Firefox and Chrome gave me fits but looks like I have it figured out now. I was checking out Blacklight Retribution which looks kind of interesting. My pc gaming setup is currently less than ideal (running parallels on a macbook pro), but it is enough to get an idea, though I'll probably figure out a way to have something decent in the not too distant future.

Practice, young grasshopper, and you will one day perhaps be a sick ass motherfucker like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxVmWaprNDY&list=UUvKLGYSpastXJHtCHWCcE2Q&index=30&feature=plcp

Tawpgun

Maps are good.
I played on vertigo twice and didn't enjoy it much. Then again, jetpacks and camp everywhere that game.

I've played on forge remakes of the pit. It's the same shit. The pit is the perfect map to remake in forge. And it even looks less boring than the brown ass bland pit map we got.

But the big thing here is DLC implentation. It's tough to even get them to show up in matchmaking.

It's not so bad, I only paid about 2.50 because my left over ms points were converted to cash monies, but still. It's like a matter of principal. I kinda wish I had voted with my wallet here to show my disapproval over Halo 4.

Oh and kinda random but Vertigo has one of the most piss poor skyboxes in the franchise. That storm cloud looks so bad.

Omni

Remember when we had awesome skyboxes?

I do wonder if 343i will be able to match those in Reach or Halo 3 with all the extra horsepower in the X1. Of course it'll be constrained because they're going for 60fps, so I dunno. I hope they put some effort into it

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Not sure if you're being sarcastic. Even unzoomed that looks terrible. It's like the cloud is smooth and shiny or something.

I just figured it was some alien cloud formation. I like the color and majority of he skybox in that level. Feels bright and cheery.

Remember when we had awesome skyboxes?

I do wonder if 343i will be able to match those in Reach or Halo 3 with all the extra horsepower in the X1. Of course it'll be constrained because they're going for 60fps, so I dunno. I hope they put some effort into it

Uh, Halo 4 has some amazing skyboxes too...

Top Bottom