• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Gui_PT

I usually stop because RIP Foehammer.

Never have bothered to keep going before... but might as well give it a go, I guess. I think the timer stops in any case... But the additional velocity from not slowing down may make up the additional second I need

Just keep driving

m23

So will Halo 5.

One achievement away from finishing Halo CEA. Just the Warthog run on legendary with a minute left. Usually I finish at ~59 seconds (not even kidding). So frustrating, hah. If it was on heroic I could do it! Its just too intense on legendary... I'm always making silly mistakes

I did that in coop lol.....you can imagine how frustrating it was.

Fuchsdh

The Hog run became really easy for me to beat once I stopped going for the overturned Hog in the hall and grabbed one in the garage. It made a huge difference in time for me.

Happy Wednesday

inb4
Banned.gif

m23

Oh man, just looked over the GTA 5 radio stations......I can't wait! I wasn't too excited for the game in recent weeks as I wasn't planning on getting it, but now that I am, next Tuesday needs to hurry the hell up. I start a new job next Monday too so that should be interesting.

BigShow36

I play battlefield just fine. Bullet travel didis and all. Even since reach you constantly get pinned down from long distances in maps and it makes the gamy play shitty. Dont say its because of the DMR because the BR can do this as well. Bullet travel creates a wider skill gap with weapons so that not every noob in the game can land shoots on you from anywhere. Look a BTB and how bad it plays.

It's because of the massive aim assists and slow strafe, not bullet travel time (or lack thereof).

I didn't really play the first Halo until I got an Xbox in 2003, when I played the Campaign on Normal and dabbled in some XBConnect multiplayer. I didn't really seriously get into multiplayer until March 2005 in Halo 2.

I remember buying a Time Crisis game for PSX a couple weeks after the 9/11 attack and my dad giving me a hard time about it, asking sarcastically if I was going to go join the military since I liked shooting guns. I think he might have even eventually told me to stop playing it, it was making him so angry. It really sucked because I love light gun games, and I was really happy to finally have a somewhat cutting-edge one.

It's weird to think that Halo:CE launched just two months after the attack. I ended up buying a Gamecube w/Rogue Leader and Madded 2002. The console launch was a nice diversion following that tragedy.

Madness

Well it does look pretty similar.

But Im gonna assume most cities getting blown up would look pretty similar

I actually thought it was a picture of the New York skyline from that day when I first saw it until Squid called it out and I checked it again. Saying happy wednesday on top is a bit in poor taste.

Halo 3 multiplayer Elite armours were easily the worst designed, well anything in Halo ever.

Even Halo 4's Elites looked better than those 90's radical cartoon show looking armours Halo 3 shit out.

I thought the Reach Elites looked pretty great

I disagree, although i didn't really like the Halo 3 elite's look at least it still looks inspired. Halo 4 has terrible designs for them.

That is definitely one of the ugliest comic book covers I've ever seen. It's like the artist didn't give a shit. Is this the quality we can expect from 343 going forward?

Yes I'm being snarky. But that cover is SO BAD.

Thats Dark Horse design not 343, Palmer development in the comic is pretty fast, she didnt care about being a Spartan then in one page she gets lectured of how to be an Spartan and she instantly believe is a Spartan now, damn.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Confession Time: I think Elite Slayer is really fun. One of my favorite game types ever.

So I have been working on a few Reach conversions which I will be releasing as a "Blast from the past" gametype pack.

I´d like to have some kind of trailer for it (just a few "quick" gameplay cuts with some text over it), anyone with a capture card want to help?

Edit: anyone up for some testing in 15 minutes?

wwm0nkey

So I have been working on a few Reach conversions which I will be releasing as a "Blast from the past" gametype pack.

I´d like to have some kind of trailer for it (just a few "quick" gameplay cuts with some text over it), anyone with a capture card want to help?

If I had more time I would happily help :(

Make sure to use old Halo music in the trailer!

Homeboyd

Jumping on my man

Total copy and paste from Waypoint member Shamona220:

Halo 4 ranks #46 on IGN's list of the 100 greatest shooters.

Halo Reach is #96, Halo 3 is #68, and ODST is #57. Halo CE and Halo 2 have yet to be ranked. Thoughts, feelings, comments?

CE should be top 10 (maybe even top 5) and Halo 2 in the top 20. Halo 4 should not be on the list.

im not clicking 100 times

#100 - XIII
#99 - Black
#98 - Tron 2.0
#97 - SiN
#96 - Halo: Reach
#95 - Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
#94 - Red Faction 2
#93 - Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
#92 - Crysis 2
#91 - Heretic
#90 - Battlefield 3