• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

It's because you realize what the game did right, instead of obsessing with what is wrong. That being said, if you ignore Firefight, I still dislike Reach.

Maybe Firefight won't lag this time around with dedicated servers. There was a ton of potential in Firefight Versus too, hopefully they expand upon that and add more customization. Spartan Ops could be user tools added to Firefight, for example.

Nice!

You should let me know whenever you need people for testing since you're only one hour ahead of me and I can get on at a more convenient hour than americahalogaf

I will ;)

I'll post the complete list of gametypes I'll be releasing with my unnoficial Blast From The Past" gametype pack tomorrow.

Fuchsdh

I think partially the upsurgence of love for previous games is because time does allow you to move beyond your mindset and appreciate the positives of the game. Halo fans are notoriously single-minded at times but I think those opinions mellow. The newer game also makes you refactor your experiences in the old, for better or worse; replaying Reach for FUD I constantly feel like Halo 4 plays more like my perception of a Halo game, but the sights and sounds of Reach feel less alien and more comfortable and familiar. At the time I was straight-up angry at the retcons, and while I still think they were a mistake I try not to let them blind me to fun encounters or the levels themselves. They're still some of the best campaigns in shooters as now more than ever that's a really positive thing to appreciate as multiplayer options proliferation but campaigns meant to be repeatedly enjoyed dry up.

Its quite amazing to witness the amount of love sky-rocket for the previous Halo game after the latest one releases. Reach was ripped to absolute shreds during its lifespan, and nowadays I'm often seeing the exact opposite. I really don't get this.

Never underestimate the power of Rosy Retrospection.

I'm looking forward to this being posted in 2025:

Halo 1>Halo 2>Halo 3>Halo: Reach>Halo 4>Halo 5>Halo 5:ODST>Halo: Reach 2>Halo 6>Final Halo>Final Halo 2

I miss the good old days of just running around in a MAC Hover-Elephant warping people back to the flag-fortress while cashing in the arm zone turret to prevent their bomb carrier from planting the oddball with the Stealth Storm Banshee in stage 5 overtime. RIP Halo 6

I tried to picture what that hypothetical matchup looks like in my head and I laughed.

Every time I glance at your avatar I think that Teal'c is back there with a surprised expression on his face.

lloooooolllll you win post of the page.

What's a super mega hyper elephant hornet anyway?

Where's Wahrer when you need him?

Fracas

#fuckonami
If I'm not super rusty I'll hop on if there's room. Gonna play some games before 9. Haven't played significantly in some time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I also forgot to mention it but it would really help if you guys have the DLC. It just gives us more maps to choose from and keeps the party from getting stale.

Pretty excited for the gaf-night tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to make it on in time before all the slots are taken
KuGsj.gif

We can have more than one lobby, man. In fact, that would be a good thing because it would mean a good turnout.

Booshka

I also forgot to mention it but it would really help if you guys have the DLC. It just gives us more maps to choose from and keeps the party from getting stale.

I always loved how insufferably awkward it got when someone had to get booted because most of the party wanted to play a DLC map. I don't have any paid DLC, cuz who buys DLC for shit Halo, so I'd be that dude that would have to bounce after a couple games lol.

Tashi

I always loved how insufferably awkward it got when someone had to get booted because most of the party wanted to play a DLC map. I don't have any paid DLC, cuz who buys DLC for shit Halo, so I'd be that dude that would have to bounce after a couple games lol.

I mean, we can probably keep it pretty fresh for now. I'd rather not boot anyone

Yea I almost got GTA because someone who does overnight stocking put out a big display for it.

The transaction wouldn't complete though so they wouldn't let me buy the game :(

Tashi

When are we getting the lobby started?!

t1379206800z1.png

If anyone plans on streaming the customs link your stream here. I'll tweet it out on the HaloGAF twitter.

edit: Ok, I'll start taking invites now. We won't begin until we get a good amount of people though. Send your messages to "TashiGAF" and I'll shoot you an invite. Or if someone on your list is in the party just message them o whatever.

t1379206800z1.png

If anyone plans on streaming the customs link your stream here. I'll tweet it out on the HaloGAF twitter.

edit: Ok, I'll start taking invites now. We won't begin until we get a good amount of people though. Send your messages to "TashiGAF" and I'll shoot you an invite. Or if someone on your list is in the party just message them o whatever.

My stream is now live:

http://twitch.tv/yourexwife

Top Bottom